GS 7 Grand Reward Question

fatsi

So, is there going to be a grand reward for Galactic Seasons 7 to begin with. (Like the comps and sh last leasons) I am asking because nothing was said about this in the livestream, and well, honestly, I wouldn't surprised if there isn't going to be one. So, did you not reveal it yet, devs, or there isn't one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juliushorst said:

Season 5 also didn't have one.

I don’t know, I kinda thought between the loth kitten pet and the achievement armor (which was a reskin of one of the sets from the reward track)… I thought between those two those were considered the big rewards.

56 minutes ago, absolutetristan said:

I don’t know, I kinda thought between the loth kitten pet and the achievement armor (which was a reskin of one of the sets from the reward track)… I thought between those two those were considered the big rewards.

Well, then we have a reskin of the kitten in GS7 :)

Seasons 2-6 all had additional achievement rewards so I wouldn't count the reskinned armor as something special.

• Haha 1

I can tell you right now that they were initially thinking about granting the Vectron 250R Firebolt mount from the upcoming 100$ Firebolt Edition bundle as the level 100 reward for GS7, since it fits the entire bounty hunting theme very well, but for very obvious reasons they decided to stuck it into that extremely overpadded bundle as an added incentive to spend that much money on it.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, juliushorst said:

Season 5 also didn't have one.

Season 5 had story if you can call it one. They should at least bring back Altuur for those who missed the first season. And maybe Fen Zeil as well to boot.

• Like 1

For sure there won't be another companion EVER...after a minority of people complaining about the number of companions in the game.

They will either sell companions it in Cartel market for a copious amount of money or put an incessant grind wall like they did with Bessi. Thanks complainers.

All we have to hope from now on is for barbie strongholds/decos or for them to tell us a mini story as reward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fatsi said:

Season 5 had story if you can call it one. They should at least bring back Altuur for those who missed the first season. And maybe Fen Zeil as well to boot.

So did season 6, and it also had a stronghold.

45 minutes ago, Christie_Swift said:

For sure there won't be another companion EVER...after a minority of people complaining about the number of companions in the game.

*vocal minority.

Bright side is the seasons are now entirely skippable - I wouldn't want to miss out on a companion, everything else I can live without.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Christie_Swift said:

They will either sell companions it in Cartel market for a copious amount of money or put an incessant grind wall like they did with Bessi. Thanks complainers.

All we have to hope from now on is for barbie strongholds/decos or for them to tell us a mini story as reward.

"minority" lol

Where's the "majority" when it's a free forum for everyone to voice their opinion.

14 hours ago, eabevella said:

"minority" lol

Where's the "majority" when it's a free forum for everyone to voice their opinion.

I mean, what is the harm in having more companions? It's not like you are forced to use every single one of them. It's just better than nothing.

On 7/25/2024 at 8:24 PM, Christie_Swift said:

They didn't speak Basic and were taking space on the ship. Better placing them in the Cartel Market. IF don't like I won't buy it (CC or credits on the GTN) and won't have to use it. Have more than enough crafters and good companions who speak Basic. The only good thing was you could level these companions to lv50 in no time for like 4-7million credits and use them for crafting. 

If they make a companion who doesn't take space on the ship and speaks basic (during story and combat support/heal) then yes, would love a new companion. I chose no to touch bessi at all (didn't like the mount when it came out, why bother with this now) so grinding doesn't bother me. If dies aren't cool may chose not to touch the season.

Or just do it for the CC rewards, the mounts I don't like. The cat thing also is annoying.

"Thanks complainers"

You're welcome :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatsi said:

I mean, what is the harm in having more companions? It's not like you are forced to use every single one of them. It's just better than nothing.

They stay in the ship and at one point it will get cluttered after GS 8-9 (if every Galactic season rewarded a companion who stayed in the ship).

If that wasn't the issue then leveling them quickly (the big companion gifts for x00 000 credits each) and using them for crafting is a cool idea.

10 hours ago, fatsi said:

They don't belong on my ship.

More garbage in my place isn't "better", it's "worse".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eabevella said:

They don't belong on my ship.

More garbage in my place isn't "better", it's "worse".

So, the whole problem is that they are on the ship? If so, why root for the removal of comp rewards? I think we all know that the truth is more like "I don't want others to get what they like."

I have been thinking they could just place the GS companions on one of the fleet off-ring ships. Those ships accessible by shuttle from the station see very little use and have some large decks where they could sprinkle tons of companions and maybe those ships might see a little more visitation other than the rare player using a training dummy or following one of the story missions out there. Theoretically they could add ALL the possible companions somewhere on those ships.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fatsi said:

So, the whole problem is that they are on the ship? If so, why root for the removal of comp rewards? I think we all know that the truth is more like "I don't want others to get what they like."

The problem is the devs for equaling "no season comps on my ship" with "no season comps ever again", not the players voicing their opinion.

On 7/27/2024 at 10:10 PM, fatsi said:

I can say the same for you. Why do you not want me to get what I like, which is to get rid of those useless, ugly, machine-voiced-non-basic-speaking, noise producing soul-less puppets companions off my ship? And there are more people who want I what want.

And calling those "rewards" are laughable. It's not like we can unlock them at lv50 server-wide, so they are not better than the dozens of trash companions collecting dust in the companion list while making it annoying to select those companions we actually use. Not to mention they raised the collection unlock fees from 10cc to whatever hundred of cc. because that's too rewarding.

16 hours ago, VilianSW said:

The problem is the devs for equaling "no season comps on my ship" with "no season comps ever again", not the players voicing their opinion.

Heh, BS can't even think of a place to put all those useless bots, so they stop giving them all together. At least that's not a loss for me.

• Like 2

I just realized from this thread that the 5th season didn't actually have a main reward, no wonder it felt like such a filler season although the story was probably the most enjoyable and humorous.. maybe the story was the big reward lol

Its worrisome that they didn't mention what the main reward for 7 is going to be so maybe it'll be like 5 where there just isn't one.. hopefully there won't be a stupid blueprint type grind again, first secondary objective for a season that I didn't complete

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 11:44 PM, Phazonfreak said:

I can tell you right now that they were initially thinking about granting the Vectron 250R Firebolt mount from the upcoming 100$ Firebolt Edition bundle as the level 100 reward for GS7, since it fits the entire bounty hunting theme very well, but for very obvious reasons they decided to stuck it into that extremely overpadded bundle as an added incentive to spend that much money on it.

I was thinking maybe it was part of nightlife initially. Because really… the new item… you’re telling me a pilot helmet for this year’s nightlife is the big new grand etc etc reward 

But the mount, it looks like it could be an upgrade to/from the Wraith.

the mount could’ve been the new emperor slot drop, with the helmet a purchasable or drop , like last year’s rewards with the new mount and pets drop from the slots, and the armor… you can buy it or it could drop.

Edited by absolutetristan

23 hours ago, denajii said:

I just realized from this thread that the 5th season didn't actually have a main reward, no wonder it felt like such a filler season although the story was probably the most enjoyable and humorous.. maybe the story was the big reward lol

Its worrisome that they didn't mention what the main reward for 7 is going to be so maybe it'll be like 5 where there just isn't one.. hopefully there won't be a stupid blueprint type grind again, first secondary objective for a season that I didn't complete

It can't be worse than the halved (of whatever percentage off) cc we got since season 2 or 3. That fat track of cc was the real reward of the season.

Right? Right?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, dtlucario said:

So to go back to the question. No story, no stronghold, no companion for this Galactic Season?

There was mention of story during the livestream, likely on the same scale as the previous few Galactic Seasons.

Companions aren't being awarded via Galactic Seasons anymore.

No word on a stronghold, but I wouldn't expect them to do those every Galactic Season.

17 minutes ago, dtlucario said:

So to go back to the question. No story, no stronghold, no companion for this Galactic Season?

I think it will be a filler season like season 5. Just 3 short story missions. Everything else will be the standard season rewards like two armor sets, two weapon sets, cartel coins, random cartel packs, some pets and mounts. Hopefully, it's better than season 6, which didn't really have a story (just 3 side missions from random NPCs with little to no connection between them).

It seems Dark and Light Side tokens are the Special reward. Everything is just filler/addition. Oh and bubbles... Lots of them. Good thing is they didn't mess up with the drop lists and add another junk (blueprint fragments) or purple trash (reputation tokens). Which is good. The achievements top reward is only (for this character) Flair and not unlockable in collections. and "Bound on Pickup" Not worth bothering with it imo.

58 minutes ago, tritiya said:

It seems Dark and Light Side tokens are the Special reward. Everything is just filler/addition. Oh and bubbles... Lots of them. Good thing is they didn't mess up with the drop lists and add another junk (blueprint fragments) or purple trash (reputation tokens). Which is good. The achievements top reward is only (for this character) Flair and not unlockable in collections. and "Bound on Pickup" Not worth bothering with it imo.

There is a cool Flair for the meta achievement, but it requires killing 40 Dark/Light bosses, so not everyone will want to do that much work. Also, it looks like the Flair does not unlock in collections, so only one character gets to have it. Not sure if that's a bug, but it's not in Collections.