B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

Along with less obnoxious currency caps, any future ventures also need to make training manuals (or their equivalent) legacy bound. It makes zero sense that these are character bound when the currency and progress are all legacy wide.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HypSpec said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing the insights, but looking to clarify.

You are talking about Memory Chips right? (used to activate Bessi and provides a training module)

You state the need to convert them before the final conversation with Lana. Assuming that once you are able to turn in the 150 for each currency that the next step is a dialogue available from Lana? And that once that dialogue completes, we are no longer able to receive one per day (makes sense as she is now full-time companion)?

If I have that right then would we want to wait until we can collect as many as possible before the next reset (when we start the 200 grind)? Seems like we would want to maximize free training modules since buying them from HK saps currencies to turn in against the 200 and could extend that grind father than 2 weeks potentially. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Yes Memory Chips. My bad for getting the name wrong. 

So to try and better describe what happens, when I finished with the three upgrades at the terminal, I got the quest [Legacy] Burc'ya Veman. The only step in the quest was to talk to Lane. After talking to her, Bessi becomes a permanent companion and is no longer in the lab. You can still pick up new Memory Chips, but I don't see anywhere to spend them since Bessi isn't around and I couldn't find her in any other locations. 

Holding off on the final conversation for a couple of weeks is probably a valid strategy. However, once you have Bessi recruited, HK starts charging credits instead of resources, so it isn't necessary either. Personally, I have like 60 Collected Researches from Heroics in my cargo hold, so I plan to just open those without doing any missions. XD

1 hour ago, indoorgriller said:

thanks for the info

im capped for this week aswell (10/11..missing like 20 prototype^^) ..will reach the final customization level next week=)

so u guys would basically recommend spending all memory chips for free modules this week?..so buying them will not hurt progess in the coming weeks to get to the end asap

but how or what do you mean by giving bessie pets?

u certainly dont mean giving her items to raise the influence level do you?

This week or next week doesn't really matter. Just spend them before talking to Lane when she has a purple quest marker. 

As for pets, when you talk to Bessi, the first dialogue option is "[Pet the Basilisk Prototype] Who's a good Basilisk Droid?" You can't choose that dialogue option anymore since, at least as far as I could tell, you can't talk to her anywhere after recruiting.

• Thanks 1

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Ranadiel_Marius:

Yes Memory Chips. My bad for getting the name wrong. 

So to try and better describe what happens, when I finished with the three upgrades at the terminal, I got the quest [Legacy] Burc'ya Veman. The only step in the quest was to talk to Lane. After talking to her, Bessi becomes a permanent companion and is no longer in the lab. You can still pick up new Memory Chips, but I don't see anywhere to spend them since Bessi isn't around and I couldn't find her in any other locations. 

Holding off on the final conversation for a couple of weeks is probably a valid strategy. However, once you have Bessi recruited, HK starts charging credits instead of resources, so it isn't necessary either. Personally, I have like 60 Collected Researches from Heroics in my cargo hold, so I plan to just open those without doing any missions. XD

This week or next week doesn't really matter. Just spend them before talking to Lane when she has a purple quest marker. 

As for pets, when you talk to Bessi, the first dialogue option is "[Pet the Basilisk Prototype] Who's a good Basilisk Droid?" You can't choose that dialogue option anymore since, at least as far as I could tell, you can't talk to her anywhere after recruiting.

ahh thanks

thats what u meant with cant giving her pets anymore

so we have to pay credits..and not resources...very good news=)

so ill basically use all my training modules (except mek-sha with a tank comp haha) til i simply have to buy them..if any cuz i also have some collected researches...not 60 but like a dozen^^

2 hours ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

However, once you have Bessi recruited, HK starts charging credits instead of resources, so it isn't necessary either.

Ah, thank you for clarifying! Just need to wait until next week's reset to get to 11 and then do not need to worry about role RNG for the two week haul to customization (I have collected research for combat and defense coming out of my ears but no support left and have been absolutely balanced in doing missions and turning in currencies).

4 hours ago, DarthBryn said:

I have 2 weeks of just waiting for the Systems Data weekly caps to reset, I used too many to get past the RNG mission stage

I am in the same boat, I will have all of the mission stuff done this week and will have to wait 2 weeks because of the material caps. With the last week being me short 15 combat as I will have the rest.

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey! Wanted to chime in and relay that the 600 CCs for the unlock was not intended at all and has been updated to the cost of 10 CCs. Any players who did actually pay the 600 CC cost will be refunded. 

Thank you Jackie!!!  What about having to get it to 50 affection on each toon though? Since this is a legacy-wide system, its only right that this should be a 1 time thing to do and then its max affection across your legacy.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1

Note: Apparently level 11 is just 3 turn-ins of 200 of each currency.  Great, so I can do absolutely nothing but wait this week.  Tuesday I can cash in and finish level 10 (the 150 of each) and will be left with 50 of each. Which means I will need ANOTHER 2 WEEKS to get the 200 of each to finish this thing up...........

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey! Wanted to chime in and relay that the 600 CCs for the unlock was not intended at all and has been updated to the cost of 10 CCs. Any players who did actually pay the 600 CC cost will be refunded. 

Any ETA, od this refund?

Whelp.

I'm at Repair level 10.  Got 5/5 for all three types of training missions, and 500/500 for each of the skill practice objectives.  Got 50 of each of the specific resource types and no Prototype Data, and haven't bought the level 10 upgrades.  I have over 40 of the "Collected Research" mission rewards of the various types and probably at least that same number of "leftover" training modules.  I basically have nothing else to do in the Venture except to login on the 24th, 31st, and 7th, claim my rewards from the Collected Research, spend 'em, and log out (maybe do a couple training modules on the 7th, but I'm not sure it'll even be necessary).  I've got B3, but I'm just not allowed to have B3 yet because of weekly resource limits. Ayup.

I'm not even feeling that salty per se, my sub lasts at least through the 11th anyway, but still, it's a little annoying to have done all the work and now it's just thumb-twiddlin' time.

• Dev Post
On 7/16/2024 at 7:30 PM, DarthNillard said:

Thank you Jackie!!!  What about having to get it to 50 affection on each toon though? Since this is a legacy-wide system, its only right that this should be a 1 time thing to do and then its max affection across your legacy.

Hey again. As B3-S1 is a companion, she functions the same as all other companions do. Her influence would still need to be raised to 50 per character.

21 hours ago, The_Hightower said:

Any ETA, od this refund?

Impacted players can expect a refund within the next couple days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hey again. As B3-S1 is a companion, she functions the same as all other companions do. Her influence would still need to be raised to 50 per character.

Maybe consider making a compendium-type item exclusive to just Bessi, which could be delivered via mail upon completing the venture, maybe with a silly message from Lane? :csw_probe:

Edited by Revan-the-knight
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Revan-the-knight said:

Maybe consider making a compendium-type item exclusive to just Bessi, which could be delivered via mail upon completing the venture, maybe with a silly message from Lane? :csw_probe:

This.  Bessi is a companion like the others, but none of the others require 3 months of work that is done across all your characters (or as many as you want to include for leveling her).  So it would only be fair she also gets a special type of upgrade system.  To be honest, she should NOT need affection on top of this super annoying and unnecessary grind to level her.  I'm going to do all of this and not use her on any other characters that would require upgrading her (I already used a Compendium on my main).

The one exception: since she's a droid, she should be able to get affection through Droid parts like other robot companions.  If she will accept those than that's fine, we all have tons of jawa junk at this point.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

This.  Bessi is a companion like the others, but none of the others require 3 months of work that is done across all your characters (or as many as you want to include for leveling her).  So it would only be fair she also gets a special type of upgrade system.  To be honest, she should NOT need affection on top of this super annoying and unnecessary grind to level her.  I'm going to do all of this and not use her on any other characters that would require upgrading her (I already used a Compendium on my main).

The one exception: since she's a droid, she should be able to get affection through Droid parts like other robot companions.  If she will accept those than that's fine, we all have tons of jawa junk at this point.

I'm going to go beyond this honestly. This companion takes 3 months of work to get. Her influence should have ALWAYS been increasing LEGACY WIDE as we gained higher Venture levels. This means when we finished doing the Ventures System, Besi across all of our characters should automatically be at Influence level 50.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Toraak said:

I'm going to go beyond this honestly. This companion takes 3 months of work to get. Her influence should have ALWAYS been increasing LEGACY WIDE as we gained higher Venture levels. This means when we finished doing the Ventures System, Besi across all of our characters should automatically be at Influence level 50.

Agreed!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JackieKo said:

I'm very fine with just the adjustment as is, I thought this was very considerate of them to do.

NOTE: With HK-51, you have to Train & get Components on each character; unless you pay extra Credits.

-- Sure HK-51 perhaps takes a few days to complete, not 3 to 3.5 months, yet I'm satisfied.  :classic_smile:

So Thank You kindly for the 600 Coins to 10 Coins for this Unlock, that will be appreciated by many who worked hard over 3 to 3.5 months to obtain her.

Edited by Strathkin

Another questions for the ones that have completed it and unlocked Bessi in Collections. Can you claim Bessi on characters that are on a different server with a different Legacy? Do you have any restrictions if you don't have the Venture completed on that server?

17 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Thank the Force I didn't waste time grinding this companion after the 1st week lol

I honestly thought finishing the grind means we'll get her at max lv.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, JackieKo said:

This should be like GS companions where you get two compendiums in the end to get the the companion to level 50 after you already got the main one to 50. After all the work that it takes to get Bessi complete three compendium to get it to 50 sounds reasonable to me.

• Like 3

Even though we can buy planet specific modules now, I get further behind each week because of the Legacy cap on the generic currency needed for research or purchasing planet specific modules (prior to them converting to credits at the end apparently). My RNG on the modules needed has been abysmal with tons of Rishi and Mek-sha, which I can use to get general currency, but doesn't advance any of the research at my current or future tiers. In tier 5/11, I basically had to buy nearly all of the modules I needed for CZ-198, Black Hole, and Iokath.

I'm now at a point in tier 6/11, where I need to buy most all the modules again, but can't earn any more currency this week to buy them. I've also RNG'd Bessi with 21 of the activate Bessi currency to no avail either. I need 4 missions, 2 ea on Onderon and Oricon, and in 21 rolls didn't get a single mission for either planet. I can't even imagine how bad it was for RNG before they made the planetary modules able to be purchased.

Let's kick the weekly 300 limit on the general currency weekly earning limit up a little bit, maybe to 360 or 400 or something. Still time gates it, but let's people run the "off" planets to get enough currency to actually do research and purchase specific planets a few more times so they don't have to stretch things like tiers 5, 6, 8, and 9 over two to three weeks each. I know they can be done in one each, and had I better RNG, I could have done them in one each. Instead, I'm stuck in tier 6.

I get that this was entirely designed to get people to sub, login, and spend time in game, but the seemingly intentionally discombobulated flow is not impressing me. Maybe I'm missing a more efficient way to earn the currency, but whatever I did wrong now has things messed up in a way that just seems like it puts me further behind on doing this activity within whatever the planned time gate was.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, khamseen_air said:

Along with less obnoxious currency caps, any future ventures also need to make training manuals (or their equivalent) legacy bound. It makes zero sense that these are character bound when the currency and progress are all legacy wide.

Also, please make leftover resources or memory chips into optional affection gifts that we can increase level of affection for the robot. 

• Like 1