Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Items inspired by The Acolyte are coming to SWTOR!

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! 

Pleased to announce that items inspired by The Acolyte will be coming with Game Update 7.5 "Desperate Defiance!" More details on all the individual items can be found here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Honestly, you guys are doing an amazing job with the cartel market. Ngl gotta give credit where credit is due, I've been enjoying all the new items like these. They look fantastic 👍👍

On another note can we show this kind of enthusiasm for things that need a lot of love in game...like pvp for example. Pretty please?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dark Harbinger armor set without hood is nice and is a good option. I'm really disappointed by the Wookiee Jedi hairstyle but the beard is nice. I hope we will get more hairstyles. Also any update on the fuzzy / pixelated effect on the grass and leaves on the trees on Voss? :t_smile:

The fact that the Dark Harbinger outfit with hood can display HAIR instead of your toon looking like they're bald makes me SO HAPPY. Thank you so much to the good folks who worked on this--it looks great!! Also digging the vibrosword. Too bad I had a bunch of CCs and used them on sale items, because I think I'll want both. Both? Both is good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone! 

Pleased to announce that items inspired by The Acolyte will be coming with Game Update 7.5 "Desperate Defiance!" More details on all the individual items can be found here

These are 10/10 creations. Having a hood available to be used on any set with the addition of having our hair showing is incredible.

The Baylan Skoll hairstyle and beard is another welcomed addition that I will be buying.

All in all, this is the first Legacy of the Sith patch where I will be buying most of what you guys release on the Cartel Market, so definitely keep it up!

I hope to see more hairstyles, eye colors (Acina’s Sith Eyes), unique hoods for the head slots, and Acolyte inspired sets. 

May the force be with you♥️

• Like 1

The beards are really great. The hairstyles are disappointed except the short one. The short hairstyle (Ahsoka) is pretty well done and suite very well on our characters. The other one from the acolyte is "strange" on how it's made. I'm not a fan of the wookie hairstyle.

The weapons are nice but the sword is really great.

The dark harbinger armor is great and the refined mentor armor is nice but not a fan of the "two flags until our feet".

The hidden chain jetpack mount is ok.

But I'm really surprised we didn't get a Shin Hati hairstyle in the Ahsoka pack.

I would really like to see two other hairstyle packs in the future for both genders. I would be totally logical to see these hairstyles coming after the new hairstyles we got today.

• Hairstyles coming from Ahsoka

- Shin Hati hair with two options (without her padawan braid and with her padawan braid)

Shin_Hati.webp.cf7394831a9ea2518f4210f73f18e619.thumb.webp.29c3853958f7bafc2e940239dde0a312.webp

- Morgan Elsbeth hairstyle

MorganElsbethposternotext.thumb.webp.fa786e9112cec60880d8999c93b23909.webp

• Hairstyles coming from The Mandalorian

- Fennec Shand hairstyle with two options (her whole braid behind her back and with the braid on the side)

Profile_-_Fennec_Shand.webp.ef357c7f85852cbf39c8a1e997cbe75a.thumb.webp.a698fccf7dc66e8b5166c905d95dbef8.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.c105b165285b7a09c047264aac0a3a47.jpeg

- Bo Katan hairstyle

image.thumb.jpeg.0802d024a37f8ba77978de97a7dca210.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1a72200dd690e88f1a3d42e9e0e4dc05.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Really happy to see the reception to the inspired by The Acolyte items that have dropped with 7.5. Reminder that the series premieres on June 4th! 

As you all saw, there are some customizations, a new Vibroblade, and armor set that are available in the Cartel Market. Included in the armor set are two variations of the hood, one without character hair showing and one with character hair showing. I am sure some of you could be wondering, why offer both options (some of you might already know the answer, let’s talk about why and set some context.

As some of you likely know, typically when we release an armor set with a hood up, we hide your character’s hair. Without getting into a bunch of technical details, quite simply our hair is an “all or nothing” situation. What that means is if your hair is short (or long) and protrudes out, or is long and crosses an area where the hood curves, it will clip out of the hood and there isn’t much we can do about it currently. Given our concern around it clipping in a variety of situations, we have opted to hide hair as the lesser of two evils.

However, we wanted to try something different for the Dark Harbinger set by giving you two options of the hood! This way you can decide whether you want your hair to display or not. And again as noted above, this does mean the “with hair” version will clip with a number of hairstyles and that is not a bug that we will be addressing (it’s just how it works today), it is up to you if that is something you are ok with or if you will ultimately choose to use the hidden hair version on that character. We just wanted to give you more agency over your appearance.

Given how you’ve generally reacted to “with hair” hood helmets/hoods in the past I suspect this is something you will all be pretty positive about but we really wanted to be clear about the possibility of clipping, and what it means for you. Let us know your thoughts and we’re really looking forward to seeing you all in game for Desperate Defiance :).

-eric 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for your reply Eric!

It is great what you have done, and hopefully you guys will find a way to solve the issue in the future.

As great of a start this is having a hood with hair, I feel like majority of players will be annoyed with how when these outfits were shown, it was made to look like there is no clipping, and especially because this has been a feature that most players have wanted for years allot of them will be somewhat let down.

There may be a post somewhere before this update letting players know about the clipping and therefore, fair enough.

However, I couldn't find anything. Next time it would be nice if it was clearer to players, so they wont get their hopes up just to be told that it doesn't look like how you've shown it.

Anyway, thanks again Eric for your reply.

• Like 3

so i tried the new hood. Some are  bad, i would say pict 1 and 2, for the very bad we have the 3rd one

The 4th picture is with the new hair style for woman, its almost good, but still not really figuring reality

The last one is perfect

I know you said there is no bug on this, but .... well i doubt even your team will laugh and comment at the 3 first pictures.

May be just rework a little the hood, at least you could make it to not be so sticky to the uper head, as you know there will be some hairs below

Screenshot_2024-05-29_13_37_11_566646.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-29_14_17_04_519194.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-29_14_22_14_203926.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-29_15_00_05_655011.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-29_15_03_50_790132.jpg

• Confused 1

So as much as I'm disappointed by the hair with hood situation, I'm also disappointed by the Refined Mentor's Headband. It's simply not showing up on my character's head. I mean I see something black amongst her hair, but that makes no sense, because it's supposed to be silver and if I had unify colors on it would be white or gold. She has the short hairstyle with the headband and little jewelry piece hanging down to her forehead, reddish orange hair. Will try previewing on other toons with different hair types, but if it only shows up on bald heads? That's a huge bummer.

3 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks!

Really happy to see the reception to the inspired by The Acolyte items that have dropped with 7.5. Reminder that the series premieres on June 4th! 

As you all saw, there are some customizations, a new Vibroblade, and armor set that are available in the Cartel Market. Included in the armor set are two variations of the hood, one without character hair showing and one with character hair showing. I am sure some of you could be wondering, why offer both options (some of you might already know the answer, let’s talk about why and set some context.

As some of you likely know, typically when we release an armor set with a hood up, we hide your character’s hair. Without getting into a bunch of technical details, quite simply our hair is an “all or nothing” situation. What that means is if your hair is short (or long) and protrudes out, or is long and crosses an area where the hood curves, it will clip out of the hood and there isn’t much we can do about it currently. Given our concern around it clipping in a variety of situations, we have opted to hide hair as the lesser of two evils.

However, we wanted to try something different for the Dark Harbinger set by giving you two options of the hood! This way you can decide whether you want your hair to display or not. And again as noted above, this does mean the “with hair” version will clip with a number of hairstyles and that is not a bug that we will be addressing (it’s just how it works today), it is up to you if that is something you are ok with or if you will ultimately choose to use the hidden hair version on that character. We just wanted to give you more agency over your appearance.

Given how you’ve generally reacted to “with hair” hood helmets/hoods in the past I suspect this is something you will all be pretty positive about but we really wanted to be clear about the possibility of clipping, and what it means for you. Let us know your thoughts and we’re really looking forward to seeing you all in game for Desperate Defiance :).

-eric 

Keep them coming! Thank you so much for these great sets and customizations. We’ve really been needing some love in these areas.

I hope you guys consider adding more eye colors like Empress Acina’s Sith eyes and regular Sith Eyes seen on characters like Lana Beniko as the regular darkside corruption has a couple of things left to be desired.

Thank you again!

40 minutes ago, grumpehcat said:

So as much as I'm disappointed by the hair with hood situation, I'm also disappointed by the Refined Mentor's Headband. It's simply not showing up on my character's head. I mean I see something black amongst her hair, but that makes no sense, because it's supposed to be silver and if I had unify colors on it would be white or gold. She has the short hairstyle with the headband and little jewelry piece hanging down to her forehead, reddish orange hair. Will try previewing on other toons with different hair types, but if it only shows up on bald heads? That's a huge bummer.

Would you rather **only** have an option for a bald head with the hood? It’s a situation where you just need to swap out hairstyles if it’s absolutely necessary. This is a step in the right direction for player customization. I have no interest going back to the hoods like from the imperial reaper set looking like a floating bald abominations

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KaiserImperium said:

It’s a situation where you just need to swap out hairstyles if it’s absolutely necessary.

I'd rather have the game do it for me automatically when I equip the hood and display my old hairstyle when I remove the hood. As is the case with *every other MMO with hairs under hats*. That way it fixes everything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KaiserImperium said:

Would you rather **only** have an option for a bald head with the hood? It’s a situation where you just need to swap out hairstyles if it’s absolutely necessary. This is a step in the right direction for player customization. I have no interest going back to the hoods like from the imperial reaper set looking like a floating bald abominations

If I have the bald looking head, I typically fix it by wearing the Wicked Huntress Headpiece. I'm not paying CCs to change all my toons' hairstyles, particularly when all my toons have multiple outfits (most that do not have hoods). I have a total of 106 toons across two servers, as I've been playing since 2013.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Calhay said:

20240529173447_1.jpg.f4e5bf7448b216147ea2c4c1accd13c4.jpg

Shame the hair goes through the hood with hair.

Was looking forward for this.

It's one of those "better than nothing" ordeals as the alternative was we get only 1 piece that makes you a baldy. Unfortunately to make use of it, you have to first pick a hairstyle that fits. Since there are so few hairstyles, I would imagine if Broadsword wanted, they could disable parts of hair selectively.

Overall, I really like the idea of having a "Hair enable" hood. It shows a hint that Broadsword cares.  Ultimately, It would be better served as a toggle, like "Hide/Show helmet", there should be a "Hide/show hair". That way every past and current hat and hood could work with hair if the player chooses.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

It's one of those "better than nothing" ordeals as the alternative was we get only 1 piece that makes you a baldy. Unfortunately to make use of it, you have to first pick a hairstyle that fits. Since there are so few hairstyles, I would imagine if Broadsword wanted, they could disable parts of hair selectively.

Overall, I really like the idea of having a "Hair enable" hood. It shows a hint that Broadsword cares.  Ultimately, It would be better served as a toggle, like "Hide/Show helmet", there should be a "Hide/show hair". That way every past and current hat and hood could work with hair if the player chooses.

I love the idea of having "Show/Hide Hair" the same way there's the "Show/Hide Helmet". That way, if you have certain small hair styles, you could have those visible on all your outfits, not just the new ones designed specifically for that, like this one. This is definitely a step in the right direction, imo, though!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.