Consider removing Uprisings as an objective for Galactic Seasons tasks

Posted (edited)

As the title says, I'm suggesting the removal of "Quelling the Uprising" as a task for Galactic Seasons.
The last 3 times that has been an objective, I've queued sometimes up to an hour with no matches made. No one seems to be playing it, ast least with Group Finder.
Maybe you're using Galactic Seasons as a way to get people to play the Uprisings - not working, from what I've seen.
The WB objectives seem to generate groups to go after them - maybe more of those?
Right now, Uprisings are the digital equivalent of a ghost town with a tumbleweed skipping down the main street before the wind.

Edit: I'm also primarily a solo player, but will do the occasional op/WB.

Edited by tuxedotservo
Fixed my terrible spelling in the title, added a little info

agreed, basically no one queues for uprisings and the bosses in them are insanely non-soloable, which makes it basically impossible to get this objective in my experience.  people with 3 friends they can grab at any time can probably do it, but not so much for solo players.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ValaraukarU said:

I like the uprisings GS tasks personally because it is content I otherwise cannot get people to run with me.

Yes agreed, and while the Queue's don't really pop that often, which I still think is kind of Sad...  ...just wished they'd boost rewards for Activity Finder completion!

I'd think something that be excellent, would be to offer a few slower Queues mostly Uprisings, a bit more encouragement to run:

1. Add a few Augmentation Slot Component MK-11 or Augmentation Slot Component MK-5 to a few [Weekly] & [Daily] Uprisings
  • [Weekly] Master Uprising: +3 Augmentation Slot Component MK-11 (note: only requires 1 Master Uprising Completion) 
  • Each Master Uprising perhaps also +2 of the Augmentation Slot Component MK-11.
  • [Weekly] Veteran Uprisings: +2 Augmentation Slot Component MK-11 (note: requires 5 Veteran Uprisings Completed)
  • Each Veteran Uprising perhaps also offer +1 of the Augmentation Slot Component MK-11.
  • [Weekly] Story Uprisings: +2 Augmentation Slot Component MK-5
  • Each Story Uprising +1 of the Augmentation Slot Component MK-5.

That would give a unique reason to do Uprisings a bit more, and while you can craft & deconstruct things, not everyone is a crafter or enjoys it.   Still you'd likely earn far more Aug Slot Components MK-11 / MK-5 just crafting and deconstructing things far faster, this just allow people a choice on how to earn them... 

NOTE: The objective for Galactic Seasons doesn't require Group Finder to be used, so all you need for Vet is to find 1 or 2 other people.

-- They could adjust the requirement down from 4 to perhaps only 3 for Vet Mode, while perhaps leaving Master at 4 for Tank & Healer. 

I'd recommend the slight boost for Uprising, is only added to Group Finder bonus, to help the Queues pop a little more frequently...   :classic_ohmy:

@CommunityTeam

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

12 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

agreed, basically no one queues for uprisings and the bosses in them are insanely non-soloable, which makes it basically impossible to get this objective in my experience.  people with 3 friends they can grab at any time can probably do it, but not so much for solo players.

Story mode are level synced which has a lot of problems, I find Veteran mode uprisings feel easier than story sometimes.

Vet uprisings are solable, I'd say the difficulty is a bit higher than solo'ing veteran flashpoints, but a lot lower than solo'ing master mode flashpoints. 

Not easy, but not extremely difficult. 

Vet uprisings are easy enough to run with one other player though, you don't need 3 friends.  

• Like 2

• tuxedotservo changed the title to Consider removing Uprisings as an objective for Galactic Seasons tasks
Posted (edited)

Nobody queues for Uprisings. You need to join the in game LFG channels for those, unless you solo them.

For SS, this is Endgame, for SF it's Allies. I don't know exactly what the other servers use.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:48 PM, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Story mode are level synced which has a lot of problems, I find Veteran mode uprisings feel easier than story sometimes.

Agreed. The Vet Uprisings are so much easier, it almost feels like SM Uprisings are broken.

Edited by Traceguy

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 10:43 AM, cannibithobbal said:

Just to point out: you don't need to fill the group with human players. If you find 1 other person to run it with you, each of you can summon a companion and go into it as a party of 4.

(There are certain bosses that make it difficult to run with companions, but since the Uprising objective lets you pick from a few different options, there's usually a couple that are companion-friendly/easier options)

Edited by Riyar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Riyar said:

Just to point out: you don't need to fill the group with human players. If you find 1 other person to run it with you, each of you can summon a companion and go into it as a party of 4.

(There are certain bosses that make it difficult to run with companions, but since the Uprising objective lets you pick from a few different options, there's usually a couple that are companion-friendly/easier options)

Ok, that is good to know.  I tried running solo with a companion before, and I got through the adds sections just fine no problem and then got to the boss and my comp died within seconds and then I died soon after.  I tried 3 or 4 more times with my comp on both heals and dps, same result.  And I was playing a level 80 tank with super OP stats.  I finally gave up and never tried an uprising again lol  I might try and see if I can scrounge up one friend to try some at some point and try it with 2 people and see if we fare better.