Will we get a 8.0?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Saeten said:

8.0 won't happen until Dec probably. but I'd not bet on it this year....

I feel with the way things are going, maybe December 2025 would be the "December". Op did mention 7.6 and 7.7, which I think is likely to happen given that the current story seams so off track. Us going to Ord Mantell and now Hutta. I have no clue what it going on anymore. Something something Hetta, Malgus, Nul/Children of the Emperor. It's all random pieces to a puzzle yet. It's taken them over 2 years to go from 7.0 to 7.5, at this point, I guess we could hope to see at least 7.8 by December 2025.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

Honestly unless they decide to make an expansion like SoR, or at least either of the KotFE / KotET I have no faith in their "expansions" Onslaught, and LotS as a whole have been disappointments in their own way.  Couple of good things here or there, but overall very blah, and we don't really need a garbage trifecta of expansions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Given how bad 7.0 was - by far the worst update/patch to the game since launch - I hope we continue with updates/patches and no further 'expansions' until their team is large and resourced enough to actually make a decent expansion. 

Fixing the many issues with the game, and adding occasional content, should be the priority, in my opinion. Skill trees should be at the top of the list, for starters. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arunav said:

Given how bad 7.0 was - by far the worst update/patch to the game since launch - I hope we continue with updates/patches and no further 'expansions' until their team is large and resourced enough to actually make a decent expansion. 

Fixing the many issues with the game, and adding occasional content, should be the priority, in my opinion. Skill trees should be at the top of the list, for starters. 

While I completely 100% agree, hell I just said the same thing right before you.  I would like to point out the paradox of the situation.  Complete overhaul of the UI, complete overhaul of the GTN, a 2nd combat style for all classes, graphics update, shared mob tagging, rework on end game systems and currency, pvp overhaul (kind of) and probably other things I'm forgetting right now off the top of my head, that would take a fair bit of development work.  Their development team is clearly working and making changes no matter how under staffed we think they are. It's just that the things they're doing are not what the players are asking for, or even wanted.  Well in most cases, there are some good changes don't get me wrong. I do enjoy being able to have shared mob tagging, and I do love having a 2nd combat style which grants me stealth, or at the very least access to heals or tank roles depending on what I was lacking on the toon before hand. I'm sure there are players who enjoy having date night, and other misc changes as well (I'm just not one of them)  However a lot of these changes / additions came out of left field.  

So I'm of the belief that they could actually make a decent expansion if they put their minds to it, and actually listened to player feedback.  It's just that given their track record I have 0 faith in their ability to do so.

Edit : As I'm watching the live stream, they're updating Hutta graphics again.  I don't recall when they updated them before since release, but I know it was done before.  Won't count the new spring event (that's just temporary content along with BESI) but yea guess the point is, if they were truly under staffed, they probably wouldn't be updating graphics.  So yea, they just gotta focus on things people want.

Edited by Setta
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Setta said:

While I completely 100% agree, hell I just said the same thing right before you.  I would like to point out the paradox of the situation.  Complete overhaul of the UI, complete overhaul of the GTN, a 2nd combat style for all classes, graphics update, shared mob tagging, rework on end game systems and currency, pvp overhaul (kind of) and probably other things I'm forgetting right now off the top of my head they were truly under staffed, they probably wouldn't be updating graphics.  So yea, they just gotta focus on things people want.

I would argue the UI update was the worst part of 7.0. The UI has been a buggy mess since, and still is.

However, shared mob tagging and the dual class system are some of the greatest changes to this game.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I would argue the UI update was the worst part of 7.0. The UI has been a buggy mess since, and still is.

However, shared mob tagging and the dual class system are some of the greatest changes to this game.

Idk about the worst, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Plus everyone has their own worst thing so I understand. My personal list of grievances is incredibly long but for me the top would probably have to be their PvP overhaul, so many, many things wrong with what they did.  I suppose to be fair, and I'm not excusing them, (also I suppose in some cases this is even worse if you really think about it), but the game has always been buggy.  We still have bugs from the vanilla game that never got fixed.  Idk if it's due to the poor engine, incompetence, laziness, apathy, or a combination of all those things and more, but SWtoR bugs are like Geonosians, they're not going anywhere.

I can see them honestly finishing the story by 8.0 and then just announce "Maintenance Mode" with just Cartel Items being made at that point and cycling events.

We all know we will NEVER get expansion story compared to...well most of the other popular MMOs like WoW, FFXIV, GW2 and LOTRO (Hell, even EverQuest and EQ2 still put out expacs that have more content than SWTOR).

And queue the people I just triggered with the "Maintenance Mode" bit. I already canceled my sub and just replying until my sub runs out. Devs have run this IP into the ground, and have a ton of people here cheering that it happened. It's pathetic.

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2024 at 7:20 AM, orichichan said:

With the near end of the story of Legacy of the Sith (maybe still a 7.6 and a 7.7) Do you think we will get a 8.0?

If we get it, what do you want in this 8.0?

Are we near the end of Legacy of the Sith? It's not clear to me that we are close to the ending. They said there are hints where the story is going to end up. Maybe someone else knows, but it still seems like there are a lot of "chapters" left. We still haven't dealt with Heta and her rogue mandos. We still haven't dealt with this mysterious threat that Malgus is talking about. We still haven't dealt with Malgus himself either really. Sure, he's in prison, but as long as he's alive, he will escape eventually and have to be stopped. Maybe they are turning him into some sort of hero that the galaxy needs to stop Heta and then he just rides off into the sunset? If I had to guess, I'd say 4 more updates after 7.5, so I guess that would be 7.9? But 8.0 doesn't have to follow 7.9. They can release 7.10, 7.11, etc.

11 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

Are we near the end of Legacy of the Sith? It's not clear to me that we are close to the ending. They said there are hints where the story is going to end up. Maybe someone else knows, but it still seems like there are a lot of "chapters" left. We still haven't dealt with Heta and her rogue mandos. We still haven't dealt with this mysterious threat that Malgus is talking about. We still haven't dealt with Malgus himself either really. Sure, he's in prison, but as long as he's alive, he will escape eventually and have to be stopped. Maybe they are turning him into some sort of hero that the galaxy needs to stop Heta and then he just rides off into the sunset? If I had to guess, I'd say 4 more updates after 7.5, so I guess that would be 7.9? But 8.0 doesn't have to follow 7.9. They can release 7.10, 7.11, etc.

The issue with that is this story started in Kotet with Malgus and even hints at the Mandalorian Civil War. Which is funny in its own right because Heta Kol's whole thing is she is fed up with the Mandalorians being used as pawns for the Sith, Jedi, Alliance and so on. Malgus is a threat to the empire and republic but he has hinted that he is not the villain that there is a bigger threat than we have faced. Then a link to whatever post Echoes of Oblivion sorta hinted at in story not spoiling that. They announced Onslaught they said it was going to be another trilogy plus like Shadow of Revan, Kotfe and Kotet was. So they did hint that the story would either be concluded in 8.0 or somethings would be resolved but not the main part of the story. Though the also said during that announcement of Onslaught that there were 3 sith that never die Vitiate, Revan and Malgus, only 1 still exists now.

Posted (edited)

If an 8.0 comes I'd prefer it be a paid expansion. If they need $60 for an expansion, and that money can lead to them giving us something bigger and better than they've been able to muster up these last few years, I'm all for it. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Samcuu said:

If an 8.0 comes I'd prefer it be a paid expansion. If they need $60 for an expansion, and that money can lead to them giving us something bigger and better than they've been able to muster up these last few years, I'm all for it. 

Let's be real, the game has never really had an "Expansion" like other MMOs. It would have to be on the size of Hutt Cartel AND SoR combined at the bare minimum before I think it would be worth throwing money for a paid expac.

• Like 1