And where is announcement and date for 7.5 stream? Or it is also delayed?

As everything in this game.

We just passed solid half of the April and no information about stream. 

Most of is assumed that stream will be in April and patch itself in May. At this rate it will be rather May-stream and June-patch if not delayed again lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

As everything in this game.

We just passed solid half of the April and no information about stream. 

Most of is assumed that stream will be in April and patch itself in May. At this rate it will be rather May-stream and June-patch if not delayed again lol

Rather they delay it instead and of releasing it broken. But it would be nice to have a heads up from the devs if that is the case. Silence doesn’t foster good community relations. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 2

They usually don't announce livestreams that far away. The last one they announced on a Friday and the livestream was the following Wednesday. There is still a week and a half in April for them to do a livestream. Usually, they do them on Wednesdays, so maybe April 24 with an announcement for it this Friday, April 19?

Also, spring lasts until June 21, so there's plenty of time to get the patch out even if the livestream is in May. I also don't think the livestream would delay the patch. It just has to be done sometime before the patch. They could do it one week before the patch comes out. It doesn't have to be a month ahead.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

"assumed"... is the key word. If people would stop to assume things, the community would be more chill overall.l

I clearly remember one of the first guides about Galactic Season, closing with a summary that the follow up Galactic Season would start immediately after the first one ended. What an assumption. No evidence at all, but let's publish it as a "fact".

Some parts of the SWTOR community are really bad at reading the room. Patience, young padawan.

There you go assuming I’m a padawan😂

Joking aside, I’m actually surprised they stream at all to be honest.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

Most of is assumed that stream will be in April and patch itself in May.

I didn't really expect it to be so soon after 7.4.1, but we were supposed to get a new Spring event, so it does have to be Soon™. I just don't expect anything in April.

Should mention, the 7.4.1 launch was a complete disaster, which probably put them off schedule. For example: those on lower spec computers weren't able to play for over a week. That took away from development time to troubleshoot and fix.

When 7.5 is close, I do hope they put it on PTS so we can't catch a problem or two before it goes live.

• Like 2

They did do the right thing with 7.0 and push off the launch 2 months because there were still so many issues. Now, you can certainly argue that there are still so many issues, but it would have been 10 times worse if they launched on the original date.  And I imagine they are having to do more under-the-hood changes if they are further tweaking conquest in response to the 7.4.1 fiasco. Adding the infinite heroic was easy since it was likely just changing a level restriction value in the code.

1 hour ago, tsteenburg said:

They did do the right thing with 7.0 and push off the launch 2 months because there were still so many issues. Now, you can certainly argue that there are still so many issues, but it would have been 10 times worse if they launched on the original date.  And I imagine they are having to do more under-the-hood changes if they are further tweaking conquest in response to the 7.4.1 fiasco. Adding the infinite heroic was easy since it was likely just changing a level restriction value in the code.

They could split it into two parts. Release 7.4.2 with the Spring event in May and release 7.5 with the new story content in July.

But you know delaying won't change much if anything? They will still release broken, full of bugs patch and will be fixing it overtime. Delaying only makes frustration and boredom rather than anything. But I'm here talking only about stream, not patch. I don't think dev need delaying because of bugs, especially that they prerecord it lol

Even more, just give info "We delaying stream due to.... and new date will be ...." rather than another silence. It seems they didn't learn their lesson about no communication, because it is their mainly mastered skill tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, VilianSW said:

As long as it's decently written and properly tested, 7.5 can launch in Winter instead of Spring for all I care.

True. I don't think we don't know anything about 7.5  other than it should contain a new Hutta daily/story area, a Spring event, and some bug fixes. Really nothing to look forward to.

And nothing is ever tested as everything always releases to us completely bugged and broken. If the developers actually played the game for themselves, they'd probably find plenty of bugs pre-release. They spent a few months fixing bugs on Kessan's Landing after 7.4. I can imagine the more they rush 7.5, the more completely bugged experience we will have on Hutta during the additional drip fed 15 minutes of story with its damage-sponge enemies.

I bet 7.5 raises the Armor rating by +2-4, so back to grinding Tech Frags and OP-1s  until 7.6.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I bet 7.5 raises the Armor rating by +2-4, so back to grinding Tech Frags and OP-1s  until 7.6.

Probably the most likely thing is letting the non-rakata gear reach 344, whether or not they raise implant rating (which they probably won't based on past gear ceiling change cycles)

You could argue that the current "story" is setting up an end state maintenance mode.  It's using the Mando stuff to try to curry current favor, but the whole idea of the holocron and machine seems to be heading towards something that would allow total character flexibility.

<Quasi Spoiler for those not through Kessan's Landing or at least Ruhnuk> 

With the whole idea of a machine that finds/awakens hidden force potential, they may be setting up that non-force toons can become force users.

• Haha 2

Spoiler

I'd say even more. I think they are trying to do something similar to what Moff Gideon wanted. Mando will use machine to somehow influence themselfs with force, to become stronger (maybe one force user drained by the machine - one mando strong in the force) or maybe find force users and mind control them via/with machine to serve mandos.

5 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

they may be setting up that non-force toons can become force users.

I will be on board only if they complete the following requirements.

1. Let us pick a third combat style

2. Let all Tech characters spec into a Force class (e.g. A Guardian-Trooper).

Welcome to SWTOR 8.0

Edited by Traceguy
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/23/2024 at 3:13 AM, Traceguy said:

I will be on board only if they complete the following requirements.

1. Let us pick a third combat style

2. Let all Tech characters spec into a Force class (e.g. A Guardian-Trooper).

Welcome to SWTOR 8.0

Or just let me change my combat style.

All I want is the skill tree revamp to have a thorough revision. 

Give back some skills/passives, front load abilities while leveling (if the number of usable skills remains approximately the same, perhaps finish gaining skills by level 50-60), finish the art for icons in the skills trees (this should be done regardless of if the trees are looked at again or not), perhaps give back 2 of 3 skills at the top of trees, instead of 1 of 3. I would prefer 3 of 3, of course, but that's another matter.

Most combat styles are less fun to play after so much was taken away or made an option in 7.0. To make matters worse, some classes seem to have more time put into their trees, i.e. done better, and aren't as affected by the changes as others. 

For updates that affect the game instead of bring in revenue (though the basic combat system I would argue is related to revenue), this should be a priority, in my view.  

SWTOR's combat was fun from launch through 6.x. It's been different since 7.0 in a bad way, even if players have gotten used to the difference after more than 2 years. 

ESO's adding Spellcrafting into their game, which would be like letting our characters alter how some of our abilites work, customize animation colors/effects, and expand their use to multiple combat styles.

SWTOR's combat, even if an older tab-targetting approach, was still better than ESO's, probably its main competitor in the MMO market, in my opinion. The devs shoudl lean into their game's strengths and give players back the options they used to have. Leveling especially, the part of SWTOR almost everyone agrees is the best experience in it, is much, much less appealing since 7.0.

I honestly feel bad for new players who have no idea what the game's combat used to be, when they are finding their way through the starter and capital planets, and questing during the Prologue and Act I or even II. 

The Dicipline system used to give an important spec ability at level 10. On a new assassin, I was still busy twirling around with Lacerate (AOE spam) well past that.

It's just not the same game with combat this way. And obviously difficult PVE and PVP content has also been affected for the worse at endgame.

I'd like to hear some developer input on this topic more than anything, tbh.  

• Like 1

Well, that is true. I have so much to do, that I forced myself to do every side quest I didn't do on planets from chapter 1-3. This is just X damn D lol
Like, what is stopping them to make two patches as someone above suggested? One with story content and other with new event. Make something new so people will have a reason to stick to the game.
But nah, it's better to have nothing, do not communicate and assume people will beg devs to make more lol
No. People will uninstall the game or stop playing for unknown amount of time.

BTW. I got -1 social point or whatever for making this post. Look how I sacrified myself by just saying the truth and asking a simple question. Probability I'll get another -1 points is gargantuan heh

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:40 AM, arunav said:

I'd like to hear some developer input on this topic more than anything, tbh.  

You just might get your wish next week --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934885-game-update-75-livestream-coming-may-1st/

4 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

People will uninstall the game or stop playing for unknown amount of time.

That has already happened and has been happening since around 2016/2017.

Alas the slow deterioration of a game that just might end up as the last SW themed MMO ever. :(

• Haha 1