Tracking Time for Heroics / vs CQ point payout

Darev

20 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I was wrong, they left the Level 50-80 objective in as well as the old 10-49 objective.

so our level 80 toons now get the daily

• Planet: Heroic Missions

and the repeating

• Missions: Heroic

doesn't make sense to me, but her nothing released lately does.

I really hope that's intentional. That closes the offset a little more, and still encourages you to do at least 1 heroic on each planet. The first heroic per planet will feel more like free points. After hitting Hutta, Dromund Kass, Balmorra, Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris, and Hoth, that will be 35,000 points on the side of the infinite ones.

Edited by Traceguy

On 3/31/2024 at 5:36 PM, Samcuu said:

Great guide. My strategy is trying to get the 25 kills per planet as well for the extra 4,125 cp which u can do once per day, so most of these are convenient for finishing a heroic plus the 25 kills, and now add 5k with the new repeatable heroic cp mission to be added soon. So once a day most of these heroics will net u close to 15k conquest for 5 minutes or less. Here's my pub side list:

Alderaan: Proof of Treason

Alderaan: Special Delivery 

Balmorra: Justice for the Lost

Belsavis: Jungle Fight - Bonus for killing mobs (can stealth all the way to click) 

Coruscant: Enemies of the Republic

Hoth: Frostclaw - Bonus for killing mobs (can stealth to end just to finish heroic) 

Nar Shaddaa: Lab Animals - (this heroic also has a ton of exploding crates for the "This Will Do Nicely" seasons objective)

Ord Mantell: Buying Loyalty (this is a do nothing but click)

Taris: Rakghoul Release - Bonus for killing mobs (if you play a cleave spec this one is actually fun)

Taris: Mutations

Tython: Chamber of Speech: - Bonus for killing droids (mobs are paper thin you can kill 50 in here fast and easy so add not only the 4,125 but also the 8,375 cp.)

Tatooine: Pirate Bullies (can stealth to objective) 

You ate missing the 50 kill count objective there per planet

2 hours ago, MerlockVonBaron said:

You ate missing the 50 kill count objective there per planet

You don't want to stick around and get those the first time through.   If you can get the 25 kill count on the first toon, and are going to do multiple toons, don't waste the extra time and pick the points up for the next set of kills on the next toon, or the 3rd.

Example - Jungle Fight - Pub Side belsavis.

Kill 5 outside the cave, kill 20 inside the cave, on toon 1 get the kill count CQ.

Repeat on toon 2, no bonus, but 1/2 way to the 50 kill count on toon 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Darev said:

You don't want to stick around and get those the first time through.   If you can get the 25 kill count on the first toon, and are going to do multiple toons, don't waste the extra time and pick the points up for the next set of kills on the next toon, or the 3rd.

Very valid point going forwards. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Very valid point going forwards. Thank you for pointing that out.

Yeah I won't go out of my way to find extra mobs because it takes too much time. Where I added the kill 25 mobs most of those are convenient to do while u run through the heroic and not having to go out of your way to find other mobs to kill. That's more of a speed run guide than anything 👍👍

Edited by Samcuu

On 3/31/2024 at 3:44 PM, Darev said:

With the various threads that have been going on, I wanted to see before and after changes.  Current values (before) and once the next patch is deployed, run the same heroics and see what the change is.

The thing I like about the upcoming change granting 5k CQ per heroic (max'd out SH bonus) is that it's also infinite.

This is, mainly, just for me, but if anyone else is curious, please feel free to contribute their own numbers and observations.
I did these on Imp side, with a sniper.  Doing some of these on a stealth toon would be faster. I've also rounded up for the time it took.
I'm not listing the bonuses for them, some have them, some don't.   I did them for this.  Spring Thaw, for example, there was already two people there and since we have shared tagging, killing the extra/bonus mobs went very fast. 
I listed "Glitch" because I like that it has two bonuses...xp and credits.

After the patch hits I'm going to do the same thing and see how many more points it actually creates.  But honestly, the true benefit is more for the people who do 2 or more toons per server per day.

Alderaan Spring Thaw   3 minutes  
Balmorra Toxic Bombs   3 minutes  
Balmorra Settling Debts   4 minutes  
Balmorra A Question of Motivation   6 minutes  
Belsavis Breakthrough - no bonus   6 minutes  
Corellia Explosive Assault   5 minutes  
Corellia Cor Sec Crackdown    
Dromund Kaas Possessed Hunter   2 minutes  
Dromund Kaas Personal Challenge   2 minutes  
Dromund Kaas Saving Face   3 minutes  
Hoth Deconstruction Efforts +25 Hoth kills   4 minutes  
Hoth Pirated Lockbox   4 minutes  
Hoth Taking the Heat   4 minutes  
Hutta Man with the Steel Voice   1 minute  
Makeb Sharing the Blame + rep token   4 minutes  
Nar Shaddaa Botched Interrogation   4 minutes  
Nar Shaddaa Glitch (two bonus missions)   10 minutes  
Taris Fathers of Taris   4 minutes  

1 hour 10 minutes
      ~120k conquest points

Yeah, I'm quoting my own post.

Ran these exact same heroics again, on Tulak Hord (because I can still get Makeb rep there)
Heroics 1-9 got me to 100k.
Heroic 10 was on a different toon so I didn't pop the 85k on the test toon.
Switched back to finish it out.
17 heroics - 1 hour 2 minutes.  195k conquest

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:44 AM, Darev said:

After the patch hits I'm going to do the same thing and see how many more points it actually creates.  But honestly, the true benefit is more for the people who do 2 or more toons per server per day

Thanks for doing the comparison & posting results for the community. 

But also remember this will be different next week when the weekly CQ isn’t focused on heroics. 

It would be good to then compare this week to next week or the one after, that isn’t focused on heroics. 

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks for doing the comparison & posting results for the community. 

But also remember this will be different next week when the weekly CQ isn’t focused on heroics. 

It would be good to then compare this week to next week or the one after, that isn’t focused on heroics. 

I took that out of the equation with the 2nd test.   The Heroic objective that grants the 85k CQ points was done on a different toon, then I switched back.   The results shouldn't be all that different (minor differences with number of mobs killed).

So, one last post about this.  After doing the first week after the change.  Between JUST my two Private/Vanity guilds on SV, I got around 4 million CQ points.   PLUS another 600k, at least, for my 6 toons in "other" guilds (I'm ONE planet away from the galaxy conqueror title there).    Somehow I even got 4th place (I know how...VERY SMALL Population server)

So while I've been able to do this in the past, I suspect I'll be able to do it every week now, if I wanted.   That consistency wasn't possible before.

image.thumb.png.6f91cb52b5aa95c02a9e65fcc90ae2d5.png

image.thumb.png.713c90ffb6485e4646dbe62bf4a35fc4.png

image.thumb.png.f3b71ca91963e143e0ac7113b5eb605e.png

• Like 1

There is no Heroics Eternal this week, so . . . . This "fix" isn't as good as it might have first looked (and was unacceptable to me, personally, so I remain unsubbed with my sub running out at the end of the month).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

There is no Heroics Eternal this week, so . . . . This "fix" isn't as good as it might have first looked

Unless you're new to Heroics Eternal, which shows up a few times each year, it really made no difference as conquest players were collecting that along with their rep tokens each week it showed up.

I would argue the "fix" is better than it first looked. What wasn't foreseen is we keep the Planet Heroic objectives from level 50-80. So without any change in playstyle, your daily heroics are now worth 2x more CQP (Once: 5k points per planet, now 10k). Plus, now that levels 50-70 can taste unlimited heroics again, they work on it while grabbing taskmaster, which pays 30,000 CQP per day. I'm seeing way more points per day since 7.4.1c, and no, Heroics Eternal hasn't anything to do with that.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I would argue the "fix" is better than it first looked. What wasn't foreseen is we keep the Planet Heroic objectives from level 50-80. So without any change in playstyle, your daily heroics are now worth 2x more CQP (Once: 5k points per planet, now 10k). Plus, now that levels 50-70 can taste unlimited heroics again, they work on it while grabbing taskmaster, which pays 30,000 CQP per day

How are you getting Task Master on Heroics this week?

After dealing with the Heroics Eternal last week, I was kind of wavering, but then this week, there is no Heroics eternal. NOR any event to make up cq. I'm NOT doing a bazillion boring, crappy Heroics I've done a million times UNLESS there's an Eternal bonus (yeah, I'll do 10 for 100K, but I won't do however many at 5k a piece to make that up. Heroics are grind. Stupid, boring, and dumb. It's like getting stuck in Hammerstation three times in a row trying to do the Activity Finder thing. I solo HS, as do most of us, so it's just a stupid boring grind that I cannot stomach over and over and over again.

9 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Unless you're new to Heroics Eternal, which shows up a few times each year, it really made no difference as conquest players were collecting that along with their rep tokens each week it showed up.

What? Are you seriously arguing that a DAILY 43K rep pop was . . . what? Just like doing 10 Heroics on the rare week that actually mattered?  I don't get it.

17 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

How are you getting Task Master on Heroics this week?

Taskmaster is a daily objective all year long for toons level 10-70. It was great before 7.4.1c, but it's now better. That's because infinite heroics would go away at level 50. At the same time, once you get level 50, you unlock Planet Heroics objectives. Well, now levels 50-70 get both heroic objectives and taskmaster, making them some of the best toons to farm CQP on.

13 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

What? Are you seriously arguing that a DAILY 43K rep pop was . . . what? Just like doing 10 Heroics on the rare week that actually mattered?  I don't get it.

Heroics are worth 2x more points. While earning a rep token took me x minutes every day, the extra 5k from heroics costs me no extra minutes. Here is the chart I posted the other week. For no extra time, I get back 46,800. That's not even counting taskmaster.

Planet Extra Points
Korriban 5200
Hutta 5200
Dromund Kass 5200
Balmorra 5200
Nar Shaddaa 5200
Tattooine 5200
Hoth 5200
Tarris 5200
CZ-198 5200

Total extra points 46800

If I do this on a taskmaster toon, I will get around 76,000CQP. 

Edited by Traceguy

On 4/10/2024 at 12:52 PM, Traceguy said:

Taskmaster is a daily objective all year long for toons level 10-70. It was great before 7.4.1c, but it's now better. That's because infinite heroics would go away at level 50. At the same time, once you get level 50, you unlock Planet Heroics objectives. Well, now levels 50-70 get both heroic objectives and taskmaster, making them some of the best toons to farm CQP on.

Heroics are worth 2x more points. While earning a rep token took me x minutes every day, the extra 5k from heroics costs me no extra minutes. Here is the chart I posted the other week. For no extra time, I get back 46,800. That's not even counting taskmaster.

Planet Extra Points
Korriban 5200
Hutta 5200
Dromund Kass 5200
Balmorra 5200
Nar Shaddaa 5200
Tattooine 5200
Hoth 5200
Tarris 5200
CZ-198 5200

Total extra points 46800

If I do this on a taskmaster toon, I will get around 76,000CQP. 

This only works if you're into planet hopping for Heroics. If you're not, you'd be bored out of your mind in no time. And that affects not just you playing Heroics, but you playing the game overall - a negative association makes the rest of the game less enjoyable. So, the change did create balance for Heroics hunters, but it did nothing to restore the balance for those who prefer other aspects - specifically Flashpoints and Operations - since those players now have to supplement their Conquest points via means they don't enjoy.

Oh, on a separate note, I found it funny that "The Nightmare of Voss" Conquest objective this week only awards 8 points, vs "Freedom from FR3-D0M" in week one which was awarding 12 points. I'd say Nightmare Pilgrim can feel relatively safe (since he is a way stronger boss and most people would rather visit someone's NS house for the same amount of points vs potentially wiping with an inexperienced group) compared to FR3-D0M, who was hunted all day every day until everyone completed the objective (with many several times over).

Edited by VegaMist
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

This only works if you're into planet hopping for Heroics

I wouldn't say I'm into it, but it's one of the only ways to get good conquest points if you're mainly a solo player or you don't do PVP or Uprisings. I'd like to do Uprisings, but nobody queues for those on my server, and flashpoints/operations only pay you a very small amount for the time required. And honestly, I enjoy running heroics more than 99% of the flashpoints. 

Before 7.4.1, I was running those listed heroics like clockwork to complete conquest invasion each week. After the nerf and before 7.4.1c, I was having to put in extra work to make up for the lost points, but now that I get paid 2x for my usual daily heroics, I'm back to doing what I was before. The 45k points comes back passively. and there's room to earn more points per day if I really wanted.

Here's that taskmaster by the way if anyone is curious. Since players leveled 71-80 don't have it, it's truly a hidden gem. I took this screenshot just now on a level 56 toon. The objectives are currently listed for 50-70, but this one specifically sticks around starting from level 10.

image.png.d9628890781a0cf238f2afb67c2beea9.png

Here it is on my level 42, where objectives are listed for 10-49.

image.png.fb7f7e7297f357206c69b7757e2d8ea8.png

And this is just 10 of any mission. So that doesn't need to be 10 heroics. It can be flashpoint objectives, bonus missions, dailies, story missions, they all count.

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

Oh, on a separate note, I found it funny that "The Nightmare of Voss" Conquest objective this week only awards 8 points, vs "Freedom from FR3-D0M" in week one which was awarding 12 points

I suspect an oversight on that, and unfortunately likely won't be changed unless we can raise the awareness. The Pilgrim isn't an easy fight seeing as it needs 2-3 tanks, 3-4 healers, and DPS who know the mechanics. Freedom droid has been solod by a few players, and a small group of 4 is likely just fine.

Edited by Traceguy

6 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I wouldn't say I'm into it, but it's one of the only ways to get good conquest points if you're mainly a solo player or you don't do PVP or Uprisings. I'd like to do Uprisings, but nobody queues for those on my server, and flashpoints/operations only pay you a very small amount for the time required. And honestly, I enjoy running heroics more than 99% of the flashpoints. 

Before 7.4.1, I was running those listed heroics like clockwork to complete conquest invasion each week. After the nerf and before 7.4.1c, I was having to put in extra work to make up for the lost points, but now that I get paid 2x for my usual daily heroics, I'm back to doing what I was before. The 45k points comes back passively. and there's room to earn more points per day if I really wanted.

Oh, I am doing Heroics right now to compensate for the nerf, but, while I recognize the efficiency of planet hopping, I'd rather complete an entire weekly once I get to the planet - at least I get to experience the planet vs just repeating the same thing over an over.

And speaking of Uprisings, you can solo Veteran level uprising all by yourself - not Story (Story ones are HARDER). Story are set at lvl 75, so you're level synced down and not in a good way. Veteran Uprisings are level 80, so you get an advantage of your full stats. Yes, it's a bit messed up, but that's what it is at the moment.

Let me quote my post from another thread few days ago:

On 4/7/2024 at 5:55 PM, VegaMist said:

OK, following this conversation, I decided to Solo Veteran Uprising Weekly. I chose my Sith Warrior Guardian/Vigilance for the job (gear rating 340 with purple augments), and brought Z0-0M as a companion since it's been a while I've done Uprisings even as a duo (if she is not available, I'm pretty sure any dual-gunner would do just fine). I chose "Landing Party", "Firefrost", and "Fractured" in that order.

• "Landing party" - wiped once on the first boss since I forgot his mechanics. After that, no problem.
  • "Firefrost" - the easiest of the three. No issues at all.
  • "Fractured" - the only fight that gave me any trouble was Lord Anril since you have to keep just the right distance from your companion to prevent them jumping to you and essentially committing suicide when a red circle drops (can try to get them out of there by using "passive", but doesn't work reliably since the circle slows them down). Once I re-learned how to do it, the rest was fine. Worth mentioning that all the mobs up to that point are pretty easy.

I'm assuming you're level 80, so would suggest you to try and Solo Veteran Uprisings since it may prove to be faster than finding a group (at least, based on what you described). Oh, and if in any boss fight you feel like your health is going down faster than you'd like, pop Heroic Moment and it usually takes care of it.

Try it. Some of them might be better to do on a ranged toon, and I bet you know which ones.

Here's that taskmaster by the way if anyone is curious. Since players leveled 71-80 don't have it, it's truly a hidden gem. I took this screenshot just now on a level 56 toon. The objectives are currently listed for 50-70, but this one specifically sticks around starting from level 10.

Yeah, I'm aware of it - raising a new toon is basically a gold mine in terms of conquest points. But I don't like treating my toons just as point collectors because it distracts me from the game itself. All my toons are now 80, and if I decide to raise another one, it will be because I either want to replay a certain story, or because I want to cosplay them. I recently raised Sith Warrior Guardian and Jedi Consular Sorc - both based on characters from other games, not related to Star Wars - and running them in parallel was hilarious.

I suspect an oversight on that, and unfortunately likely won't be changed unless we can raise the awareness. The Pilgrim isn't an easy fight seeing as it needs 2-3 tanks, 3-4 healers, and DPS who know the mechanics. Freedom droid has been solod by a few players, and a small group of 4 is likely just fine.

Yep, just another indicator they don't really play their own game (even though their Customer Support people claim they do).

Edited by VegaMist

8 hours ago, VegaMist said:

This only works if you're into planet hopping for Heroics. If you're not, you'd be bored out of your mind in no time. And that affects not just you playing Heroics, but you playing the game overall - a negative association makes the rest of the game less enjoyable. So, the change did create balance for Heroics hunters, but it did nothing to restore the balance for those who prefer other aspects - specifically Flashpoints and Operations - since those players now have to supplement their Conquest points via means they don't enjoy.

Oh, on a separate note, I found it funny that "The Nightmare of Voss" Conquest objective this week only awards 8 points, vs "Freedom from FR3-D0M" in week one which was awarding 12 points. I'd say Nightmare Pilgrim can feel relatively safe (since he is a way stronger boss and most people would rather visit someone's NS house for the same amount of point vs potentially wiping with an inexperienced group) compared to FR3-D0M, who was hunted all day every day until everyone completed the objective (with many several times over).

Wait, I thought Nightmare Pilgrim was 12 points before? Or is it always 8 points?

NP is a proper operation boss that need at least 2 tanks who kno what's going on, 4 heals, and at least half of the 18 dps who have the IQ of not getting themselves killed a second time after they realize "no dps" means "no dps". It's the only WB you can't brute force with no semi-capable tanks.

2 hours ago, eabevella said:

Wait, I thought Nightmare Pilgrim was 12 points before? Or is it always 8 points?

NP is a proper operation boss that need at least 2 tanks who kno what's going on, 4 heals, and at least half of the 18 dps who have the IQ of not getting themselves killed a second time after they realize "no dps" means "no dps". It's the only WB you can't brute force with no semi-capable tanks.

I honestly don't remember what it was before. I just saw it on Tuesday and laughed exactly because of all the reasons you've listed.

Edited by VegaMist
Typos (it's always typos)

10 hours ago, VegaMist said:

you can solo Veteran level uprising all by yourself - not Story (Story ones are HARDER).

Try it. Some of them might be better to do on a ranged toon, and I bet you know which ones.

I actually managed to solo SM Landing Party as a Pyro-Powertech with Torian while still trying to learn the class (in 7.4.0). I'm not good with a powertech, but I'm guessing their AOE-CC helped a lot. Maybe this weekend I'll look into soloing Vet Frostfall. But yes, the level sync does make SM Uprisings more difficult. I'm guessing Landing Party is an exception for soloing due to overall difficulty.

Yep, just another indicator they don't really play their own game (even though their Customer Support people claim they do).

I firmly believe none of the devs actually play this game among us. A lot of bug section here wouldn't exist if they did.

Edited by Traceguy

4 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I actually managed to solo SM Landing Party as a Pyro-Powertech with Torian while still trying to learn the class (in 7.4.0). I'm not good with a powertech, but I'm guessing their AOE-CC helped a lot. Maybe this weekend I'll look into soloing Vet Frostfall. But yes, the level sync does make SM Uprisings more difficult. I'm guessing Landing Party is an exception for soloing due to overall difficulty.

If you soloed Landing Party on Story, you'd have a blast on Veteran.

4 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I firmly believe none of the devs actually play this game among us. A lot of bug section here wouldn't exist if they did.

I agree. Perhaps, they play in isolated environment with their co-workers during work hours - that's not how any of us play.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/7/2024 at 7:55 PM, VegaMist said:

"Firefrost" - the easiest of the three. No issues at all.

I've solo'd Veteran Firefrost 4 times now to complete the Quelling the Uprising GS objective this week. I won't lie, I died a number of times in total due to the spider droid adds during the first and final boss. Those droids can wipe your health from 100 to 0 in the blink of an eye if you're not careful. I'm not sure if there's a strategy for them or not.

When it comes to conquest points however, I don't know if the weekly is something I'd want to solo complete every day though as it's a draining activity.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:30 AM, Traceguy said:

I've solo'd Veteran Firefrost 4 times now to complete the Quelling the Uprising GS objective this week. I won't lie, I died a number of times in total due to the spider droid adds during the first and final boss. Those droids can wipe your health from 100 to 0 in the blink of an eye if you're not careful. I'm not sure if there's a strategy for them or not.

When it comes to conquest points however, I don't know if the weekly is something I'd want to solo complete every day though as it's a draining activity.

Just run Firefrost, Fractured, and Inferno two days ago on my Madness Sorc who I don't play that much. My boy Andronikos had tough time keeping up - wiped thrice on first boss. Switched him to Fen Zeil who did way better - didn't really expect him to. Re-examined my build after finishing all three, and realized there were several commands I forgot to use (since I forgot they even existed) which would have made the whole endeavor much easier. Switched back to my Warrior (yesterday), picked up another weekly, and did Firefrost (to finish Conquest), Landing Party, and Destroyer of Worlds (skipped the bonus boss since he isn't worth the effort) to finish another weekly.

They absolutely can get frustrating at times (especially if you're repeating the same one), but I guess it all depends on which frustration you prefer - trying to find someone to do it with can be equally or more frustrating as well as longer time-wise. ;)

Edited by VegaMist

Vet (never story) Landing Party is, to me, very quick to do solo (on my sniper, anyway; it's not so fast or easy on anything melee), but you need three of them for the weekly, so it's not really a great way to spend time vs. cq payout, but I really hate doing the same thing over and over (why I rarely do the Star Fortress weekly, which earns a good amount of cq, not as much as Vet Uprisings, but still good. But doing SIX of them. Ugh. When I was in a cq guild, I would do it at like two a day, but it's not fun (and part of the reason I'm not in a cq guild anymore, it was too boring to do the same thing over and over, which is also why I don't like planet hopping Heroics.) I like to do what I like to do, and the rep cq nerf really digs into my time to play how I want to play (rather than how the devs want me to play). I have to try Firefrost, though, it sounds doable from what you guys are saying. I got into the habit of doing Landing Party because a guildie would run it with me, and we'd knock out all three in less than an hour. Definitely a win in terms of cq, then being free to do other stuff that I enjoy more (I have to say, it was fun to run those with someone, we'd just dash through the whole thing and BOOM! done).