The Acolyte

17 minutes ago, SteelieCZ said:

The environments and choreography are definitely the best things that came out of this show.

4/10 - better than Obi-Wan at least

Pretty shabby environments for $180 million.  Andor had $200m I think

Obi Wan had the single most emotional moment in all of star Wars history.... that gives it the nod over this pile of bantha dung.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

No one asked for flawless Jedi... but these Jedi are lying criminals.

They were in the Clone Wars series too! Look, I have no issues with people saying a show has bad writing, a political agenda they disagree with, bad direction, bad editing, and sub-par acting. These are all perfectly valid criticisms all art is and should be subjected too. However, showing the Jedi warts and all isn't new or contrary to the Original Concepts, just differently told.

4 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

They were in the Clone Wars series too! Look, I have no issues with people saying a show has bad writing, a political agenda they disagree with, bad direction, bad editing, and sub-par acting. These are all perfectly valid criticisms all art is and should be subjected too. However, showing the Jedi warts and all isn't new or contrary to the Original Concepts, just differently told.

Who are the criminals?  The ones that turned? 

oh it ABSOLUTELY is contrary to the original concept of what Star Wars IS......

Please... for the love of all that is holy... please watch the first 16 minutes of this...  Cuts of George Lucas interviews vs. Lesley Headland interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xu0xn-hPrc

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Filoni

Dave Filoni worked on Acolyte afaik, Claire Kiechel, one of the acolyte writers said that all the scripts went through him and approved them.

5 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Despite dreadful  reviews and overall fan mockery , this 'Acolyte'  show still managed to become  Disney+  best/most 

I'll never understand people that hate watch, they don't care if you watch it because you like it or not. If you don't like it simply don't watch it or you are "helping" the show get a new season instead of making something that they may actually like.

45 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Dave Filoni worked on Acolyte afaik, Claire Kiechel, one of the acolyte writers said that all the scripts went through him and approved them.

ah ok , i wasn't aware  Filoni  was THAT  involved  for this particular show

Well  no matter  cuz i prefer  Favreau  anyways

45 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

I'll never understand people that hate watch, they don't care if you watch it because you like it or not. If you don't like it simply don't watch it or you are "helping" the show get a new season instead of making something that they may actually like.

Totally agree  yep .

i mean sure  watch  the 1st episode to "hate" watch  ( or if simply curious ) , but  then  just turning it into a hate-train-bandwagon  is  so lame  imo  ( Humans waste so much time & energy  obsessing on the internet  lol sheesh )

Edited by Nee-Elder

18 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

<sigh> Star Wars isn't holy, and you're not going to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions, I shouldn't continue this conversation. 

Did you watch the video?  No. 

16 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm,  "most" ?   Which moment do you mean exactly?

If you didn't cry when Obi-Wan said he was sorry to Anakin... I would have to check to see if you weren't a cyborg.

11 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Despite dreadful  reviews and overall fan mockery , this 'Acolyte'  show still managed to become  Disney+  best/most  streamed/watched  series of 2024 ( so far ) . --  Therein lies the real problem ( with current marketplace ) .  Even an objectively  less than average  show can still garner "success" calculus in the eyes of  DISNEY ( and Headland ) , since they are skewed by  inherent  SW brand/controversy translating into  views/clicks, streamings/curiosity,  subscribing out of necessity, etc.

The only other major release they had was Echo lol

Don't buy their "wins"

5 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

No one was hate watching after Episode 3... people started watching reacts channels to it. 

I think Episodes 1 and 2 were listed at like 6th on the Neislen ratings... and I think it wasn't even in the top 10 after that Episode 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Leslye Headland announced that Qimir is Darth Plaguies's apprentice.

Huh, what? So somehow sometime between the final episode of The Acolyte and The Phantom Menace he picks up Sheev Palapatine as a replacement for Qimir.  Someone please help me understand this, lol, I'm confused! 

Edited by TonyTricicolo

3 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Leslye Headland announced that Qimir is Darth Plaguies's apprentice.

Huh, what? So somehow sometime between the final episode of The Acolyte and The Phantom Menace he picks up Sheev Palapatine as a replacement for Qimir.  Someone please help me understand this, lol, I'm confused! 

I think I heard someone say that when Plageuis was looking for Palpatine he knew of or was looking at 7 different dark side users before going with Palpy.

Dinsey doing retconning things.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Review of The Acolyte

It is difficult to see a more mixed series in my mind than The Acolyte, the show had some potential but ultimately it was bogged down, in my estimation at least, by the poor writing, and execution. While some are interesting if they got their own show instead of it being too bloated for its own good, it could have focused more on Darth Plaegus and his efforts to thwart the Jedi, which I think was the shows most significant problem, it showed Darth Plaegus in a cameo just lurking and that was it. The main two characters we focus on are bland and forgettable, which is terrible considering where the show was headed. Not to mention the plot holes in the show and the changing of dates in the canon of Star Wars, like Master Ki Adi Mundi, a secondary character in the Prequels who was expanded upon in The Clone Wars animated series. I can go on and on about the show's problems and I'd probably be here forever. However, one of the good things in The Acolyte was that it wasn't afraid to kill off main characters essential to the story as a whole, as I think the relationship between Jecki and Master Sol was the highlight of the entire series. One of the potential storylines it could have focused had the writers had any sense. It really felt like that classic Padawan and Master dynamic that we saw in Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. At least one of these characters, Yorde, showed the failures of the Jedi first-hand. And to me, that was interesting. The mysterious Sith character, Qimir, seems to me like Palpatine and the most interesting character in the entire show. His mysterious nature of why he does what he does is also illuded in the final episode. Still, I think he was the apprentice to Darth Plaegus before he eventually chose Palpatine to be his apprentice. I would have been more interested if they had focused on him more than the Jedi characters. The Lightsaber duels were the best thing about the show; the choreography was excellent, showing just how far the duels in Disney Star Wars have become. Overall, it is a hot mess and should be somewhat forgotten by the larger Star Wars Fanbase; I rate the overall number of The Acolyte as a 5/10. I think it was an okay show, but it was bogged down by its need to tell a story of two siblings, which we already got with Luke and Leia. It failed to be either good or bad and was just a mixed bag overall. At least it's better than the Kenobi show.

Edited by kyledll
  • Like 1