The Acolyte

Evey time a new project/ show comes out i feel the urge to start a game on how many things from swtor, and the old republic in general, did they lift lol

But yes it looks intriguing!

• Like 1

It's getting slammed on YouTube, but that's nothing new...I'm going to give it a fair watch..

In any case Disney, can't really absorb that many more flops...and no one in the finance world bought last weeks propaganda on Star Wars making "zillions of dolla's"

As far as the Ki-Adi-Mundi thing...there are a lot of ways out/around that...

I just want them to right the ship at this point and start making fun shows again...

Edited by Jett-Rinn
  • Like 3

My wish is to see The Old Republic era in all its glory on the big screen one day so I REALLY hope that this tv show is good because if it is not and it fails then we will never see anything related to the Old Republic era for a long long time, sadly Disney has taught me not to have high expectations and so I am keeping my expectations really low! 

Yeah, it's getting torn apart on social media but I'm trying to be as unbiased and neutral as I can be so I can watch the series and make my own determinations.  I just want good Star Wars stories and can care less if the show is all female or all droids or all aliens or all rocks for that matter!

6 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Yeah, it's getting torn apart on social media but I'm trying to be as unbiased and neutral as I can be so I can watch the series and make my own determinations.  I just want good Star Wars stories and can care less if the show is all female or all droids or all aliens or all rocks for that matter!

Of course it's getting torn apart on social media. Kathleen Kennedy has had her hands on this show since it was first announced. She has done nothing but bring in SJW into Star Wars, which for many has ruined the IP. I know people that have literally told me SW is dead to them because of her political and social views being thrust into something that should entertain us.

Edited by Toraak
  • Haha 1

I'm not as interested in it as I thougut I'd be but I don't understand the hate and criticisms for it

One said there are no aliens in it despite the trailer showing several already, another thought one of the Jedi's saber whip ridiculous despite Lightwhips being a thing for decades in the franchise, I think the only new thing is hers can function as both a normal saber or a whip... and lastly there are other criticisms about it that I'd rather not get into becuase it's a whole other mess entirely

I don't like everything in the new canon but I at least try to give things a chance 😕

1 hour ago, denajii said:

but I don't understand the hate and criticisms for it

Because when you ruin everything you have done before and first you care about checking checkmarks and thrust your own views into others rather than making a product that is entertaining this is going to happen. 
Even if this actors/directors/writers were actually chosen by merit, which i doubt they were, people will think they are still checking checkmarks.

The show will bomb as everything Disney has produced pretty much since Endgame with the exceptions of few things.
theaterlosses.thumb.webp.265881ba503f65d1e6d5b3956e39c117.webp

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Because when you ruin everything you have done before and first you care about checking checkmarks and thrust your own views into others rather than making a product that is entertaining this is going to happen. 
Even if this actors/directors/writers were actually chosen by their own skill, which i doubt they were, people will think they are still checking checkmarks.

This post would make more sense if they actually did ruin everything

Disney star wars is by no means perfect but the EU was nowhere near perfect either

31 minutes ago, denajii said:

Disney star wars is by no means perfect but the EU was nowhere near perfect either

If you like it it's cool. To many others they don't and think it's ruined

2 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

If you like it it's cool. To many others they don't and think it's ruined

I'm in the weird situation where I like a lot of it but hate a lot of it, honestly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, denajii said:

That is your opinion. For me Disney SW has done 1 good show, and NO good movies. So yes Disney has ruined SW for me, as it has for many others. All because of them putting current Political and social viewpoints into it. Star Wars and other forms of entertainment are just that, entertainment. It's meant as an escape from real life for a half hour or 2-3 hours to relax and just enjoy a good story, or graphical effects or whatever. Not have such nonsense forced into your entertainment. 

• Like 1

Just now, JakRoanin said:

Did you understand any of the political and social commentary not to mention satire in GL's stuff? I'm confused.

and most of GL political stuff was taken from Centuries ago in ancient Rome. Not current Political or social views.

And yes I found that interesting, because it was History, not current.

Edited by Toraak

LOL You are kidding right. The first Trilogy was a commentary on the Vietnam War, and the Military Industrial Complex that came after. The Prequals were straight up satire of the Bush eras 1&2! Just because you might not like the current political agenda (I don't care either way) to say SW's had not Political, Social, Economic, commentary or satire, is not merely ignorant, it's willful blindness. Read the Man's own words! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

LOL You are kidding right. The first Trilogy was a commentary on the Vietnam War, and the Military Industrial Complex that came after. The Prequals were straight up satire of the Bush eras 1&2! Just because you might not like the current political agenda (I don't care either way) to say SW's had not Political, Social, Economic, commentary or satire, is not merely ignorant, it's willful blindness. Read the Man's own words! 

Then you've never actually listened to a Lucas interviews. He took much of what he used from not recent history, but ancient Roman, and Greek History. Pay close attention to the political arena's in Episode 1, and it's definitely based around the Roman Empire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL Yes he also brought out that we humans repeat it all over the millennia. Did you watch the interviews he did in the 70's and 80's? I can't take you seriously at all. Don't forget he grew up during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. He was born a year before WW2 ended. He grew up during the paranoia of Communism. If you think he didn't use any of it. You don't want to see it.

Edited by JakRoanin

Posted (edited)

Before this gets out of hand and people start attacking each other, please try to be courteous with one another and respect each other's opinion. I ask you to keep it civil and keep the discussion about the show. Keep all the other stuff out!

Thank you

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

keep the discussion about the show.

Keep all the other stuff out!

i think that's the whole point  though, Tony.   Those ^^ 2 things you mention/request cannot be separated now and are basically one in the same, due to DISNEY's  beating people over the head with their woke-ish AGENDA  at the expense of  SW artistry.

As opposed to the great Mr. George Lucas, who was more subtle & sophisticated about his.   At least in the original trilogy, Lucas'  creative journey & personal story  was primary ,  serving the subsequent political viewpoint.   Not the other way around. ;)

Nothing wrong with Art  mixing with Politics.....except when the umm recipe has such blatantly distasteful ingredient$.

And , imo, Kathleen Kennedy is a very bad 'chef'  because i don't believe she actually enjoys  STAR WARS as a creative meal.

She may have inherited  current helm of the franchise, for obvious reasons, but she was never a truly soulful acolyte of the ip.

Most fans/audience detect that phony vibe she tends to give off too, which is why most fans embrace Favreau or Filoni  way more.

Lucas never should've sold out to the "evil empire" tbqh.

• Like 1