Thana Vesh - Galactic Season Companion

Probably been suggested before, but anyone who's played the world story on Taris' Empire side would LOVE to have this lady back. I am guessing/hoping she has enough lines that can be reused to fill out the standard companion lines; and she doesn't have to be the main person to get quests from or turn in rep or achievement tokens. Maybe her "handler" could serve that role. A season story can be written around her return, with Republic flavor on that side, and Empire flavor on that side. Similar to the quest around meeting the "Master" last season.

I'm trying! lol. I just LOVE this character and her attitude!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Only if I could murder her again and again.  Repeatedly.  And often.  And oftener than that.

I'd order Skadge to do it for me, he could treat her like that guy on Belsavis he was chasing.

Even if I would like this companion, I think it would be difficult for the ones who choose to kill her. Devs should find another ideas for the ones who choose this option and I don't know what. And of course, it will take more time to develop this two paths because of the complexity of the situation. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

Aside from the fact that Thana was already slain by many DS imperial characters, to qualify for a seasons companion, you have to speak pre-recorded alien gibberish that is KOTOR-dialogue friendly. \s

Edited by Traceguy

17 hours ago, orichichan said:

I think it's possible to get new companions who can speak basic. It's not the end of new companions speaking the basic for sure. :t_smile:

True. Ranos and Hexid for example can speak basic, even though our characters don't get to speak to them with voiced dialogue

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 2:30 PM, Traceguy said:

True. Ranos and Hexid for example can speak basic, even though our characters don't get to speak to them with voiced dialogue

Fair point, although by this point in the game's history, I wouldn't call either of them *new*.  Ranos was first available almost eight years ago when the game was less than five years old (measured against the official release date).

• Thanks 1

while i like the idea i don't know about everyone on imp side "loving" her, shes killable and i remember seeing quite a few people kill her off becuse while she is hot her personality is definitely cold and ugly, so bringing her back could be real issue to people that killed her, now this isn't an issue for me as i didn't kill her off on my main, in fact i'd love to see her return becuse we departed fairly friendly and then she just dissapeared this also creates amazing opportunity to bring her back becuse shes been gone for so long that they could easly make up a story about her return so personally i'd love this but on GS 5 a lot of people though that mysterious dark sider will be darth jadus then it turned out to be that lonely and boring twi'lek so yeah....i wouldn't get my hopes up about this.

• Thanks 1

Sigh.  Soooo many Players of this game still don't understand that the devs made it so that Thana's *death* looked AMBIGUOUS.  She was pushed off a balcony!  Do you actually see her die?!!

I would rather her come back in some sort of actual PVE story content and earn her as a companion through that manner.

Edited by JepFareborn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JepFareborn said:

Sigh.  Soooo many Players of this game still don't understand that the devs made it so that Thana's *death* looked AMBIGUOUS.  She was pushed off a balcony!  Do you actually see her die?!!

I would rather her come back in some sort of actual PVE story content and earn her as a companion through that manner.

Thana and Cytharat both for the bolded, italic, underline. I would've rather had them ascend to parts of the Dark Council in Onslaught instead of most of the characters they did introduce. And in a recurring role like Krovos. Krovos is the only one I like and probably since she's the only one that pops each update outside of Acina/Vowrawn (choose your leader, Acina's in all of my play throughs).

Side note: Going back to my original post. I'm not completely against Thana. My inquisitor and warrior are brothers. My inquisitor fancies the ladies. My warrior fancies the men. They let both live. I would take Thana for my inquisitor if I could also get Cytharat for my warrior.

7 hours ago, JepFareborn said:

I'll have to find (or make) an Agent who's ready to do that bit of story to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure my last Agent who topped her did it by *shooting* her, not by pushing her off a platform.

7 hours ago, JepFareborn said:

I would rather she returned exactly never.

On 3/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, JepFareborn said:

where did you get this idea from? i just watched a video of her kill to see is that true and its not true at all, the character charges at her but she manages to dodge the charge in the cutscene then a fight starts after the fight shes dead and lootable, quite literally her dead corpse is there for you to loot, besides the option says "(kill thana)" it is a kill option and you 100% kill her, i've noticed a lot of people like to say something is "open to headcanon" or left "ambiguous" when they don't like it but we need to face the fact that some things do in fact happen or can happen, you might take comfort in the fact that shes not dead in your playthrough but in someone elses she 100% is and thats confirmed. 

all this being said like i've said before i'd actually like something like this but the fact she was made killable decade ago makes this idea very complicated to make, they'd have to make a really REALLY good thana story to justify her being alive after shes clearly killable.

The issue with Thana is technically for the most part she is dead. I mean most of the storylines she gets a saber through her only lightside option and republic would probably only encounter her.  While she had promise and would have been probably more well received than Malora i dont think she would be a companion in the traditional season. Honestly i could see them releasing cartel companions from the story and unlocking more companions through collections through completing achievements on a server would add to your collections could be a thing going forward. Revan, Marr, Malgus, Satele, Jace Malcolm, Hylo Visz, Thexan, Vaylin, Lord Dramath, Oteg. Thana would be like bringing Scorpio, Vette/Torian, Koth, Theron back as a companion after they have been killed in story it would basically be for doing missions but really wouldnt affect any story content going forward.

I really dont think they know what to do with Galactic Seasons at this point if they are not giving out companions they really don't know what to do. Copera while a step in direction away from companions was not all that impressive of a stronghold. its a nice change of pace but working hard to unlock is probably the least appealing stronghold we have gotten. I do like the Mediterranean look but dont think it fits the game to well for a stronghold. Figure its mostly a trial run to see what people like and what they dont. 

As mentioned above, not only did a lot of players kill her, but even if they didn't, she doesn't have a track record that gives me a lot of confidence in her longevity. It seemed that every mission she had stormed off ahead and got cornered, knocked out or captured. She was on a fast track to an early grave.

10 hours ago, LaraMoonlock said:

As mentioned above, not only did a lot of players kill her, but even if they didn't, she doesn't have a track record that gives me a lot of confidence in her longevity. It seemed that every mission she had stormed off ahead and got cornered, knocked out or captured. She was on a fast track to an early grave.

Exactly.  Being bloodthirsty and arrogant is just being a Sith.  Being incompetent though?  The combo meant my light/neutrals AND my dark leaning alts all end up killing her.  Think I left  her alive on like one alt who I played as overly naive and nice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.