Return the Weekly Conquest Requirement to 50K Points Again, Unless Point Opportunities Are Changed Further

arunav

18 minutes ago, Rohndogg said:

I have no issues hitting conquest on 4-6 toons per week just playing missions and running endgame content. 3 of the 6 are low level characters that I hit conquest on just doing story missions...

I feel like it's not that hard to hit conquest if you play regularly

Do all 6 of them at level 80.   Low level toons are given multiple repeatable objectives to get CQ from.   It’s a bit harder when all of them are level 80 and you only get CQ on one toon per day per area. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Do all 6 of them at level 80.   Low level toons are given multiple repeatable objectives to get CQ from.   It’s a bit harder when all of them are level 80 and you only get CQ on one toon per day per area. 

I COULD but I have no desire to do that? I'm playing the game to play the game. Conquest is just a thing to do. It's not even tied to seasons.

I think that's the point, nobody is forcing anybody to engage with specific content. And on that point conquest rotates anyway. Some weeks I'd easily hit conquest on 5+ 80s because the objectives are favorable.

Conquest actually weirdly makes me play less because I feel like I'm wasting good content if I already hit my 100k.

Ultimately the goal isn't for one person to clear conquest on 10 toons, it was to promote guilds working together to a larger goal to the tune of people completing a character or a few characters every week.

Now, I would agree with the idea of adding more objectives or making some of the objectives repeatable that aren't.

But at the end of the day my personal opinion on it is that conquest is perfectly fine at 100k and I don't think they should change it. It's in a sweet spot. I used to hit conquest way too fast before. I still hit it within a day or two on most characters though and I play about 4 days a week on average. Sometimes more sometimes less.

But here, I just pulled up this week and see several easy ways to hit conquest with an 80.

Group Finder Flashpoints, CZ-198, and Black Hole all give around 10k for a completion and those can be done daily. Ziost Weekly is 14k (Daily repeatable) ANY master flashpoint is about 17k repeatable daily. 17k a day from raising a single companion level. You can buy gifts on fleet or odessen. ANY story ops is 20k and it's a daily objective. Surgok'k is 20k, daily repeatable. Gravak'k same thing. Yavin Dailies are 20k daily repeatable. ANY 3 Group finder activities is 30k, Ossus dailies are 33k and that alone is a 3rd of a conquest and it's REPEATABLE DAILY! :)

Starfighter weekly is an instant complete and it's repeatable daily (But people don't like starfighter) But Warzones have 150k for finishing the weekly too. Also repeatable. Uprisings. Warzones, story missions, Arenas, and Starfighter give between 7500 and 12k per run (Warzones and arenas you need 8 medals, but if you PVP, that's not hard to get)

Finally, any kotfe chapter can net you 28k daily and you can just run chapter 9 of kotfe for free points.

So in summary, there are SO MANY ways to hit conquest on an 80 if you run the right content.

Basically, care about conquest or don't but I don't personally believe it needs changed.

5 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Harder, yes, but not exactly difficult:  I hit conquest on my 13 level 80 characters each week without any real difficulty.

In the interest of full disclosure, two of these characters are basically 'inactive'* and would grind the GS rep each week (buy the tokens using the currency collected by the active characters and consume three per week (each) to get both 135k-ish conquest and the 3,500 reputation to keep me on track to cap in the final week of the season), but I've already moved on to other ways to hit conquest each week on them since GS5 came to an end.

*One is a 'duplicate' of another character of mine that I rolled on a different server but after a few server mergers it ended up on the same server as the rest of my characters, while the other was rolled for a leveling event many years ago:  Both are primarily Bank alts at this point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ominovin said:

I hit conquest on my 13 level 80 characters each week without any real difficulty.

Rookie numbers though. I was doing 30 level 80s per week before this year. That was extremely difficult, and now impossible

Edited by Traceguy

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Rookie numbers though. I was doing 30 level 80s per week before this year. That was extremely difficult, and now impossible

Yeah, I don't think any one person needs to be hitting conquest on 30 toons in a week. That's wild and also worth a TON of tech frags. Which means a ton of credits too. Only further illustrates 100k being a good number or at least better than 50k.

+1 to OP.

Weekly conquest on level 80s was the main way I got any tech frags to speak of, barely even get conquest on a single character level 80 character a week now 🥲 since I'm mostly playing lower level characters to level them up (and I have a lot).  Honestly if they would just give out tech frags/conquest comms for completely conquest starting from a lower character level, I wouldn't care at all that they reduced the conquest point for the rep tokens lol

37 minutes ago, Rohndogg said:

Which means a ton of credits too

Not true, for me. 30 toons need 60 implants, and 30 tactical. Times that by 2 if you have 2nd classes, or 3 if using multiple disciplines.

I'm still gearing up a good amount of these.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Rohndogg said:

Yeah, I don't think any one person needs to be hitting conquest on 30 toons in a week. That's wild and also worth a TON of tech frags. Which means a ton of credits too. Only further illustrates 100k being a good number or at least better than 50k.

What business is it of yours if they're hitting conquest on 30 toons or just 3? How are you harmed by it? Are they able to steal resources from you? How does this even remotely effect you in the negative? Did they farm those points legitimately? If so what's the issue? Who are you to try and dictate how many toons they should or shouldn't be able to run. I'll never understand why people in this game or any other are so threatened by the idea of someone farming their tail feathers off on multiple toons when it has literally zero effect on them as another person.

At best you're talking 750k credits assuming you get one of those 25k credit vouchers on each of those toons. I can sneeze 750k in this game. 

30 toons means a butt in the seat farming, engaging with the game, potentially spending money, and helping keep the game going. 

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Not true, for me. 30 toons need 60 implants, and 30 tactical. Times that by 2 if you have 2nd classes, or 3 if using multiple disciplines.

I'm still gearing up a good amount of these.

You know that all the tacticals and everything are legacy bound and can be shared yeah?

That's a choice to get multiple copies. I do it too, but I could've been fine with roughly 5 or so gear sets. And tacticals are a whopping 3k tech frags so really not that much.

I'll give you implants if you legit have all 8 sub classes and all 3 builds of each that's 1-2 tacticals per spec so max about 48 tacticals if you assume 2 for every spec. But it's not, most specs are only 1 tactical so it's probably closer to around the 30 you gave. If you have multiple copies of the same tacticals though, that's a choice for convenience not a necessity. basically going out to eat vs cooking at home to use the old analogies. I'm not gonna begrudge you the choice, but you represent an extremely small outlier on the overall graph of players. Especially considering the number of players I see that don't even have a tactical, let alone the right one for their spec.

So sure, fair enough, in your specific instance you are correct.  But there's some very credit valuable items you can buy for tech frags. And not even that much. Less than half the max. And I'd wager most people aren't gearing out that many different toons.

1 hour ago, captainbladejk said:

What business is it of yours if they're hitting conquest on 30 toons or just 3? How are you harmed by it? Are they able to steal resources from you? How does this even remotely effect you in the negative? Did they farm those points legitimately? If so what's the issue? Who are you to try and dictate how many toons they should or shouldn't be able to run. I'll never understand why people in this game or any other are so threatened by the idea of someone farming their tail feathers off on multiple toons when it has literally zero effect on them as another person.

At best you're talking 750k credits assuming you get one of those 25k credit vouchers on each of those toons. I can sneeze 750k in this game. 

30 toons means a butt in the seat farming, engaging with the game, potentially spending money, and helping keep the game going. 

I'm not harmed by them playing their toons. I just said I don't personally think any one person needs to hit conquest on that many and the game isn't really set up to allow that. I personally feel that changing it to accommodate those players would make it far too easy to hit conquest which is a detriment to the game experience. So at that point I would be hurt by it and I think the game as a whole would be as well.

As for credits, if you don't know what I'm talking about I have a feeling you've never really looked at the Spoils of War vendor. I can turn 4k tech frags into 25 million credits in about 5 minutes and it's trivially easy to do. Longest step is running from place to place (Not counting the frag gathering itself) So if we make conquest easier and therefore increase the output of tech frags then you're going to see huge economic shifts in a negative way. GTN prices will go up again.

You took my reply extremely personally as well and added a lot of hostility into it that I clearly did not intend and since the person I replied about has also since responded in a much better way, I don't really see a need to discuss this further with you specifically.

To quote you:

1 hour ago, captainbladejk said:

I'll never understand why people in this game or any other are so threatened by the idea of someone farming their tail feathers off on multiple toons when it has literally zero effect on them as another person.

You inserted yourself where you were not involved when it had zero effect on you, changed the tone to far more negative and hostile, and you attempted to put words and ideas out as mine with your leading questions and I did not say them. I did not say it robbed me, I didn't say they can't try to do it, all I said was I don't think the game needs to change to cater to that individual. This game is played by thousands of people with steam alone having 5k on right now. Most of them don't even have enough character slots for 30 toons. So yes, that player is a butt in a seat playing. But it's a small fraction of the many other people playing this game and as such I think the choices should reflect the benefit of the most people.

We can have these conversations without the vitriol and without taking them so personally.

1 hour ago, Rohndogg said:

You know that all the tacticals and everything are legacy bound and can be shared yeah?

Why on earth would I want the bothersome work of dropping them in legacy bank every time I log off a toon, and pulling them out every time I log in?

Edited by Traceguy

6 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Why on earth would I want the bothersome work of dropping them in legacy bank every time I log off a toon, and pulling them out every time I log in?

I don't like doing that either. But I also don't raid on most of my toons. I only have so many hours to play and I'm gonna run out of time long before I run out of lockouts on a toon. But the majority of people I've played with all just send their gear around.

Regardless it doesn't change the fact that it's an option. And ultimately not using that option is basically "paying for convenience" at that point. Like getting someone else to do a repair that you know how to do and have the ability to do. You can save money, or you can save your time. It's a choice. :)

7 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I've met other players with this viewpoint.

Oddly, to me it's the reverse.  Why spend the time making up multiple gearsets and augments when you can just share with alts?  I share as much as I can, such as my merc healer using the same main blaster as my scoundrel dps/heals do. 

6 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Oddly, to me it's the reverse.  Why spend the time making up multiple gearsets and augments when you can just share with alts?  I share as much as I can, such as my merc healer using the same main blaster as my scoundrel dps/heals do. 

That's the one I hear far more often. I sit somewhere in the middle. I have a few sets. One character always has her gear. The rest share more.