This game has the WORST raiding experience.

Onstriker

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operations being bugged is not good. But "raiding" in general is a gear-grinding, farming snoozefest. Once people figure out an efficient way to run a particular raid, then it just gets run over and over with a cookie-cutter strategy to farm it. Coming from CoH, their end-game trials were fun the first time or two and then they became boring farmville. End-game will need regularly added new content to keep from getting stale.

I call shenanigans. This game's raiding content is light years ahead of Star Trek Online, Champions Online and City of Heroes.

HAHAHAHAHA, do you actually think this game's raiding is better than City of Heroes'? CoH has over a dozen Max Level High end Raids for two different factions. CoH also offers one of the most difficult raiding setups in the mmo market, where key roles have to be filled with maximum efficiency through their enhancement/gear system. Don't talk about things you don't know biodrone.

Who gives a #$^@ about raiding this early in the game. If you are that concerned about it, please go take your meds. Or, don't, no one will miss you. If you suddenly disappear from the world, nothing of value will be lost.

This is a horrible thing to say.

This guy obviously never seen WOW raid content when it first released... I remember when strat and scholo were the end raids and were like crazy hard.. And the bugs... take an hour to list them all.. NO game is smooth at launch.. Use common sense.. and Do not even get me started on C'thun.. How many times did blizz nerf that guy before even a european guild could beat it? People are just so used to the new activision wow.. which is ez mode.. raids come out and beat that same day.. can u say? Welfare epics.. WOW could save time by just mailing everyone purples instead of making content that can be pugged.. This post is stupid and i am dumber for reading it.. Sorry to the intelligent hardcore raiders that i do respect for posting another rambling post.. I am just furious reading these idiotic posts..

This guy obviously never seen WOW raid content when it first released... I remember when strat and scholo were the end raids and were like crazy hard.. And the bugs... take an hour to list them all.. NO game is smooth at launch.. Use common sense.. and Do not even get me started on C'thun.. How many times did blizz nerf that guy before even a european guild could beat it? People are just so used to the new activision wow.. which is ez mode.. raids come out and beat that same day.. can u say? Welfare epics.. WOW could save time by just mailing everyone purples instead of making content that can be pugged.. This post is stupid and i am dumber for reading it.. Sorry to the intelligent hardcore raiders that i do respect for posting another rambling post.. I am just furious reading these idiotic posts..

so this post is stupid bcz its mentioning the flaws raiding has on this game. i guess u dont want raiding fixed on this game. just lost I.Q. by reading this

its not about "some bugs", every single boss in raids are bugged, every engage on the boss shows a new bug, u never know whats going to happen next time u engage the boss.

u do the boss trying to manage the bugs, u cant do this or the boss will bug, u cant do that cuz the boss will bug too, and if u get luck and manage every bug on the encouter u still needs luck to open the chest with the loots.

I was loving the game until i got to raids, that was very frustrating...

Edited by Kaloon

Seriously, bro, what did you expect at launch? Everything to be gold plated and chrome shined for you? I would probably like the game LESS if everything was free of bugs, and raids could be ran flawlessly each time with no problem. It adds so much to the whole experience of being involved in an MMO from launch when you get to go through all of the launch troubles and bugs which plague the system from the get go. I mean not even early release has been out for a month and you expect everything to be shiny?

To the people who keep complaining about all of the bugs, especially in flashpoints and operations, have you even submitted tickets about them? Or do you just whine about them on the forums and in guild chat? Anyone who played multiple builds of Beta knows that the majority of bugs which were in the previous build were all gone, except for maybe a few, by the next build. But what do you expect now? They don't have the game shut down for an entire week anymore with people only playing the weekends, giving them a whole 5 days to commit to bug bashing. Now they have other things to worry about; queues, server stability, people complaining about bugs, people complaining about lore, people complaining that X is OP and Y is underpowered - for ****s sake give the devs a break.

They've stated that they're going to be adding whole new Flashpoints and Operations coming in January, along with another planet or two - and that being not even a month after launch. Seems to be like a pretty good start for and indication for a steady stream of content which will be coming our way.

I agree that Operations should have perhaps been tested more thoroughly during Beta, but honestly BioWares chief concern during Beta wasn't that the end game content was working, it was that the leveling experience was enjoyable, and that bugs which plagued the 1-50 grind were smashed and fixed. In all honesty, there weren't even that many players who even reached 50 during Beta which could have been able to mount successful attempts at Operations - or at least enough attempts to discover any of the bugs which we're finding now.

People are so accustomed to WoW these days that they forgot what it's like for a brand new MMO, which has a lot of potential, to launch and have all sorts of problems. RIFT and AoC are the only ones which I can think of to be launched recently that had serious launch problems and subsequently flopped. Do you really think that BioWare hasn't learned from these launches? Or any other game's launch for that matter? I find it hard to believe that the Devs are sitting in their office right now, scrambling because they didn't expect people to want Raidi content to work properly, or have a wider range of Operations to run at this point. But, still, news flash - they're going to have to fix the current Operations before anything new is added, and they have stated that new Operations will be coming in early January, so it is a safe bet that we can expect everything to be fixed, mostly, before then - which is probably less than a week away, honestly.

I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that people are really giving this game, which has hardly been out for even 3 weeks, so much grief over **** like this which is to be expected. Really, the people who just cannot stand this lull in the game right now should take their lack of patience and go back to WoW where they will be spoon fed their purples on a nice, consistent basis.

It doesn't matter what other games and did not do. This game's raiding needs some tweaks regardless. No raid boss should drop no loot. This happened in Aion too, it was incredibly frustrating. Nothing like spending time to gather the people and go through the wipes to get a world boss, to only get a handful of XP for your time and effort.

OP is dead on.

I convinced two of my MMO friends to buy the game and give it a shot but they have both unsubbed already. I'm going to stick it out until at least one paid month is done but they really need to make some drastic changes.

14 days at an average of one hour a day...so 14 hours and you're lvl 30?

You sure about that? Remember you're under oath...oh wait, taking work home with me again :mad:

I've spent over 140 hours now on TOR. I'm lvl 46.

TOR. Is. A. Long. Game. Unless. You. Choose. To. Skip. Content.

I gotta agree here. I know im spreading my time thin leveling up 2 toons, but I even started feeling the grind on my first toon(at level 40 right now).

And I play a LOT, at least 4 hours a day(7 days before launch). So to hear others did it in 7 days shows they play WAY more than me or they know some tricks/secrets that I'm missing out on(assuming these aren't the ones exploiting the pvp system to hit cap. . .I heard this was happening before the game even officially launched).

I'm enjoying the game, enjoying the story. But I haven't even touched end game raids. . .nor have I really done many of the flashpoints. I'd rather level up solo and learn the game and it's mechanics more, before I start joining groups and potentially cause wipes/wasted time.

• 2 weeks later...
so this post is stupid bcz its mentioning the flaws raiding has on this game. i guess u dont want raiding fixed on this game. just lost I.Q. by reading this

You obviously do not read very well.. My complaint was toward people thinkng that Swtor at lauch should have 50 raids to do at end game.. How is that reasonable? Also, never stated that I did not want the bugs fixed.. Just pointed out that they are always going to be bugs especially at launch.. It is more about being patient.. You want everything right now or I will quit attitude is childish and only shows that you are spoiled..

By the way.. if you need any help learning to read... I can help you.. :)

It doesn't matter what other games and did not do. This game's raiding needs some tweaks regardless. No raid boss should drop no loot. This happened in Aion too, it was incredibly frustrating. Nothing like spending time to gather the people and go through the wipes to get a world boss, to only get a handful of XP for your time and effort.

I haven't been in a raid / operation yet where the boss dropped no loot. This goes for normal and hard-mode (which I've been clearing for the better part of three weeks).

Which boss in EV dropped no loot?

The excuse "Most people aren't level 50, so it's not actually a problem until at least X% of players are raiding" is fundamentally flawed.

For everyone already at 50, now they have to wait for raiding to get fixed, "eventually."

Obviously boss tuning takes a while, and the developers need a lot of input to tune bosses accordingly. However, that's what various stages of Beta should've been for, especially the last ones. The fact that so much of the endgame is bugged to degrees of unplayability for some is indication that the game was released too early. BioWare has to live with that, deal with it quickly, and ensure that their raider demographic remains satisfied if they intend to keep it.

OP is dead on.

I convinced two of my MMO friends to buy the game and give it a shot but they have both unsubbed already. I'm going to stick it out until at least one paid month is done but they really need to make some drastic changes to serve me and give me everything that I want

Fixed that for you.

Same thing people always say on the WoW forums. Raiding is fine in this game. Some people just have more trouble tackling stuff like this than others. Its like real life.

Disclaimer: This game is amazing, but end game content was not ready for release.

Compared to what? From the half dozen or so MMOs I have personally played, almost all of them have suffered from the "negligible end game content" issue at release.

EQ - Two whopping dragons to kill.

DDO - One whole raid with the pre-quest taking twice as long as the actual raid itself.

CoH - No true end game content until *6* years after release, unless you consider PLing dozens of alts and farming cash as endgame content.

DCUO - Do dungeons to grab gear you don't really need and umm, PvP?

Eve Online - This one I didn't play but I've heard that the engame was all about PvP, PvP and more.... PvP.

I'm sure I forgot a few other MMOs I've played but moving right along. Almost all new MMOs suffer from the "lack of endgame" content at release because it takes *time* for most of the players to get to max level.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Okey, so becuse you are slow to lvl compared to my standard. (and that of the other 12 people in my guild that is maxed now)

We should not havent accepteble content because YOU are not maxed ?

Casual's rule the market. Sorry but true.

Edited by Tiriensoul

Have people complaining about raiding even seen the *huge* update coming? I mean really the patch is full of bug fixes added content.

its beyond underwhelming if thats what you meant, refer to my post earlier where I pasted rift's 1.1 patch which was 10x the size.

You are simply expecting too much from a multi-million dollar company. Even still, you must continue paying $15/month for this.

I know right, freaking crazy to expect actual content or quality out of a release that nearly quadrouples any other game release expenses. :rolleyes: