Galactic Seasons: Progress -> stronghold bonus didn't apply

neichan

Hello,

i just logged in for the 4th day of the week on a character not yet played, the "Galactic Seasons: Progress" objective was completed, but it gave me only 3800 conquest points instead of the 9500 points displayed on the objectives list.

3800 points + 150% from Stronghold Bonus = 9500 points, so i think the stronghold bonus didn't apply.

Thanks to look at this issue.

GS-Progress-bug.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yep. Same here. Absolutely not acceptable.

Look, if they don't want us to get cq for our small guilds to help them unlock their ship and bonuses, fine, but why hide it like this? I am beginning, well at the middle, to hate this game with all my being. The devs decide what we like (apparently GSF and PVP since they have over 200K points for completion), and then nerf those of us who don't like, won't play (EVER) GSF and PVP to herd us into that. Bizarre. This game is old. We are all old. Not really herdable. But we are definitely reaching our last straw. I'm done if this is not corrected.

Between inflated grocery prices and inflation of my various taxes, I just can't justify spending ANY real cash on this game as it currently sits. This is the last straw for me. The updates recently have gimped our toons, cost us for using Quick Travel (or even exiting our ship!), and now, completely gimped our ability to get conquest for our smaller guilds. Am I willing to pay for this mass gimpage and nerf-a-palooza when a loaf of bread costs $5, NO. I cannot justify the expense. At all.

Posted (edited)

Tried again but this time without being a GS progress completed on login (used a 100k token after login on a char who didn't have any conquest yet) and it worked, so seems that it's on login, conquest stronghold bonus don't work (need to be checked with other conquest objectives).

GS-Progress-nobug.png

Edited by neichan

Check your strongholds completion, just in case. After the update, I found my Imperial Fleet Stronghold at 99% and Mek-Sha at 96% (both were at 100% before the update). Other people reported similar discrepancies as well.

Edited by VegaMist

17 hours ago, neichan said:

Tried again but this time without being a GS progress completed on login (used a 100k token after login on a char who didn't have any conquest yet) and it worked, so seems that it's on login, conquest stronghold bonus don't work (need to be checked with other conquest objectives).

It looks like it will happen the same with other conquest objectives:

I had a very bad week once when I got the infinite loading screen of death when beaming in to SD-0 and The First. So the group started without me. Once I logged back it, I still got the progress for the kill but I had only received the 13k (?) unbuffed conquest points. The objective was completed and the points were just lost.

I had never thought about those two things related, but they very likely are now you mention it.

• Like 1

Second week, and it happened again. Stronghold bonus again doesn't apply to the Galactic Seasons: Progress cq objective.

It does auto-complete upon login for subscribers on Fridays, so will be an issue going forward. 6.460 CQ points "lost" at 150% sh bonus.

(But won't be an issue for me any longer as my sub runs off next week anyways. So good luck to all subs to get this fixed.)

I'm actually genuinely curious if this bug has existed for a long time and we just haven't noticed because there haven't really been many, if any, conquest goals which payout on login. 
Hopefully we get a fix for this sooner rather than later and the other 'changes' they announce actually make things less painful for a change. 

On 3/23/2024 at 1:46 AM, khamseen_air said:

if this bug has existed for a long time and we just haven't noticed because there haven't really been many, if any, conquest goals which payout on login

Yes it must have, as I posted above.

I had it happen with both SD-0 and The First, when they got killed by my group while I had the infinite-loading-screen-of-death. After restarting the game, the bosses counted as killed successfully, but I only received the basic CQ points.

So, as you say, any payout on login will be without stronghold bonus. A bug that will likely have been in the game forever, but only coming to a broader surface now.

I did a try with the 5 craft missions objective by launching 5 craft missions & login later to complete, the stronghold bonus was applied, but i don't know if this is because there is 5 mission completion at login and this "let the time" to the system to "load" the stronghold bonus, need to be tried with other objectives that can be validated on login.

Great job checking to make sure that the GS completion to offset the stealth nerf of reputation advancement was working. First rate quality control you got going on over there at Broadsword.