Why the comms screw job

Isn't it bad enough you force worthless garbage outfitter gear on us that can not be sold, deconstruct for nothing, and make it almost impossible to get end-game gear, but you also remove getting tech frags, OP1, WZ comms drops as well, and of course, you knew this would make people mad, so you intentionally leave it out of the patch notes.

3 minutes ago, AussieAlan said:

Isn't it bad enough you force worthless garbage outfitter gear on us that can not be sold, deconstruct for nothing, and make it almost impossible to get end-game gear, but you also remove getting tech frags, OP1, WZ comms drops as well, and of course, you knew this would make people mad, so you intentionally leave it out of the patch notes.

Read the bug report before screaming, they already said they made a mistake with the fitted drops and that the rate at which we get them was not planned, that's why we get no tech frags or other, because the fitted drops took over.

• Like 1

have you tried actually playing the game and not just farming the same heroics over and over and over again

20 hours ago, AussieAlan said:

make it almost impossible to get end-game gear

ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaah

• Like 1

For one, this has already been reported as a bug. For another, as someone who has been farming the fitted drops while it's bugged: nah you definitely still get those drops, and I feel like the rate is more or less the same as always. You still get the odd 320 piece, too, it's just not at all common. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:25 AM, DawnAskham said:

Hanlon's Razor - no malice on their part, just their typical incompetence.

I learned years and years ago with this game that Hanlon's Razor is 100% applicable to the Dev Team that runs SWTOR.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." The changes and updates they make to the game are not done to piss off, they just done out of stupidity. Just how it is.

The thing is, you can apply hanlon's razor and the outcome is… they're incompetent. Which isn't a good thing. The two options is that they're either actively trying to mess with (changed from f word because that bad word!!) with people, or over 7 major versions in they have no idea how a game works nor development.

I used to pay $15/month for this

1 hour ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

The thing is, you can apply hanlon's razor and the outcome is… they're incompetent. Which isn't a good thing. The two options is that they're either actively trying to mess with (changed from f word because that bad word!!) with people, or over 7 major versions in they have no idea how a game works nor development.

I used to pay $15/month for this

I want to believe they are not actively trying to screw over customers or destroy the game, but you are right, regardless of whether all the bad decisions and low quality releases are due to incompetence or malice, the outcome is the same - unhappy customers evaluating their willingness to pay for the service.

Neither bodes well for their own future.

3 hours ago, Guyverarmor said:

I learned years and years ago with this game that Hanlon's Razor is 100% applicable to the Dev Team that runs SWTOR.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." The changes and updates they make to the game are not done to piss off, they just done out of stupidity. Just how it is.

Malice or hubris, it really doesn’t matter what the reason is if they never fix the things they mess up in a timely manner.
I don’t know about the rest of if you, but I’m over it. Why should I keep paying for something they keep making less enjoyable with every iteration?

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

The new gear drops aren't bad, but they lack organization and usefulness for people who don't play Space Barbie. For Example, I think the drops should be themed by planet, and/or faction. Like Hutt gear on Hutt planets. Balmorran Gear on Balmmora. Ord Mantel Gear on Ord Mantel. There should also be a way to track if you're repeating the same piece of gear. The icons are a bit pathetic. They should give stuff if disassembled and, they should be stackable.  

• Like 1

I assume it's malice, 1 it's in the game, 2 it is an American corporation, and they are infested with activists who hate us.

They rushed to push out a fix for the stupid speeder, but not this, nope no money in it.

5 minutes ago, AussieAlan said:

I assume it's malice, 1 it's in the game, 2 it is an American corporation, and they are infested with activists who hate us.

They rushed to push out a fix for the stupid speeder, but not this, nope no money in it.

there are some rumours going around the urgent patch was actually to fix an exploit to do with the Shae Vizla transfers allowing more than 16 transfers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

there are some rumours going around the urgent patch was actually to fix an exploit to do with the Shae Vizla transfers allowing more than 16 transfers.

If they would have launched the server without any restrictions like they should have, transferring more than 16 would not have to be fixed. I swear they do this on purpose just to see how much you will take before they break your will to play this game. Non of my friends play this game anymore. I am the last man standing and am laughed at every time I mention I still play this game.

Sad

3 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I assume you mean 16 free transfers not 16 transfers total