Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! We are happy to see the players who were unable to get past the loading screen now able to log into the game. As stated before, we are working on compensating impacted players regarding lost time, so please keep an eye on this thread for updates later this week.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

can't login. I'm stuck on the log in screen and for some reason the game just devoures my processor and ram (screenshot attached)

also as I have to close it manualy from task manage it messes up my desktop

I redownloaded and reinstalled, did not help.

Screenshot_3.png

2 hours ago, OnyxWarden said:

can't login. I'm stuck on the log in screen and for some reason the game just devoures my processor and ram (screenshot attached)

also as I have to close it manualy from task manage it messes up my desktop

I redownloaded and reinstalled, did not help.

Screenshot_3.png

if is affecting the desktop resolution, check the resolution listed for the 4 monitor settings in the clinet_setting file found per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

2 hours ago, OnyxWarden said:

Desktop resolution is the smallest problem. I want to play the game :( 

Yes but if the desktop resolution is affected then that means the game is trying to use an incorrect resolution that could cause the game to freeze at the initial loading screen

15 hours ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hello everyone! We are happy to see the players who were unable to get past the loading screen now able to log into the game. As stated before, we are working on compensating impacted players regarding lost time, so please keep an eye on this thread for updates later this week.

Will do and thank you soo much for fixing it

i have the same problem as everybody else, sometimes crash at the loading screen, sometimes at the character select, always when changing graphics at the character select menu, i haven't played the game since i got a new powerful high end computer with all 2023 tech and i  suspect that is doing something to the game, all other fixes and uninstalls and verifying and game file folders hasn't worked, it seems as something in the game hits a wall with the new tech and simply crashes 

39 minutes ago, ottlika said:

i have the same problem as everybody else, sometimes crash at the loading screen, sometimes at the character select, always when changing graphics at the character select menu, i haven't played the game since i got a new powerful high end computer with all 2023 tech and i  suspect that is doing something to the game, all other fixes and uninstalls and verifying and game file folders hasn't worked, it seems as something in the game hits a wall with the new tech and simply crashes 

That is not the issue the people in this thread had, check the resolution listed in the client_setting file if it crashes changing gfx at the character select screen, people in this thread couldn't even load that far - https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

otherwise make a post in the technical support  forum 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-unread-message

7 hours ago, ottlika said:

Above all, on the first link that @OwenBrooks gave, start with the DirectX 9 redist section.  (You have a new computer, and if you haven't already installed DirectX 9 by some other route(1), Windows 10 and 11 do not install it themselves.)

(1) Example: almost any DirectX 9 game that you install via Steam.  Example: the redist file cited in the paged linked by @OwenBrooks.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:14 AM, CommunityTeam said:

So glad it got fixed. Now I have both my accounts back and running.

I'm getting stuck on login screen. It says "The launcher is looking for available updates..." and can't get forward. I played the game in the last week. Now can't get in. Already deleted the game and reinstalled it.

1.jpg

Edited by Alteran_Ancient

10 hours ago, Alteran_Ancient said:

I'm getting stuck on login screen. It says "The launcher is looking for available updates..." and can't get forward. I played the game in the last week. Now can't get in. Already deleted the game and reinstalled it.

1.jpg

check the antivirus isnt blocking the launcher update would be the first place to look 
other then that if your reinstalling make sure your using the launcher from https://www.swtor.com/download older versions will be problematic on installing

Still waiting for the compensation for the time lost. I actually had it show up in my dreams last night- I dreamed I suddenly got a large amount of Cartel Coins (like 14,000+) whilst I was logged on. Does this mean I play this game too much...?

• Like 1

I have been having the same issue since Friday the 29th. I had just logged on the night before with no issues. We have to wait till April 3rd for a fix? What about the lost game time for galactic season rewards progression? 

20 minutes ago, LdyPirate said:

I have been having the same issue since Friday the 29th. I had just logged on the night before with no issues. We have to wait till April 3rd for a fix? What about the lost game time for galactic season rewards progression? 

Are you getting a no login server message ?  or stuck at the loading screen ?
if you have had an issue only since the 29th march your issue is not related to this thread, maybe reboot the router modem and check the antivirus/firewall isnt blocking the launcher

If stuck at the loading screen see first this guide https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

game appears to be working normally ,even after the latest update ( ive always had problems after updates ..only the second time in 10 yrs that i haven't had a problem of some kind ) , still would like to be compensated for the 11-12 days the game wouldn't run though ...actually longer for me because the "fix" date kept being moved so i stopped looking here every day 20x a day hoping that the game i payed to play would allow me to use their service..there is no way of ever finishing seasons now without "buying" my way, one of my guild is in ruins (a bunch of people quit thinking we were a dead guild with no objectives) and i got booted from 2 guilds but oh well..at least i can use up my sub time now

On 3/25/2024 at 12:14 PM, CommunityTeam said:

Any update on this @CommunityTeam? It has been over a week since this post was made and there is still no mention of any form of the promised compensation for our lost time and lost progress.

2 hours ago, NormericanEagle said:

Any update on this @CommunityTeam? It has been over a week since this post was made and there is still no mention of any form of the promised compensation for our lost time and lost progress.

lol you think we are getting anything?