Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

Just now, CarrieCutter said:

So it wont be tommrow :( ?

As soon as it is considered ready for deployment it will be

When it is ready there will be very little notice given, so deployment can occur shortly have that announcement 

Keep checking the thread at https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934309-game-update-741b/?do=findComment&comment=9806809  all information will be posted there 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeilTheClone said:

I think I've just discovered what it looks like watching someone take candy from a baby. :(

That is the hard thing about mentioning any potential timeframe on an emergency patch deployment

The emergency patch needs to be tested to be sure it doesn't cause more major issues from its release
a time frame is initially set on when that testing will end so the studio has an expected deployment timeframe, which Jackie provided, unfortunately if an issue in testing arises that needs to be resolved.

As Soon™ as testing is completed the patch will be released.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

That is the hard thing about mentioning any potential timeframe on an emergency patch deployment

The emergency patch needs to be tested to be sure it doesn't cause more major issues from its release
a time frame is initially set on when that testing will end so the studio has an expected deployment timeframe, which Jackie provided, unfortunately if an issue in testing arises that needs to be resolved.

As Soon™ as testing is completed the patch will be released.

I have hope and holding my breath.. You guys got this.. I am a positive person. This Game and the people I know are great and helping me thought not just this but with hospital times.. So I hope I can get back in and escape my medical issues  

• Like 2

I just decided to  try to get on the Shae Vizla server and had know problem with it So with mine it is the Star Forge server, however that is my main account. So i really would like to get that back

Ongoing for over a week now

Tried on a new PC that's never loaded the game - same problem 

I can confirm the brand new F2P account test works but my sub account does not. 
Wondering if this has to do with age of account maybe? Or the auth handshake? 

• Like 1

Subbed account - no load

intel graphics card 

everything was working pre-patch 

F2P test - confirmed works fine no issues. 

Had account 10+ years.. so maybe that's the issue? Legacy subs? 

I don't know what to think of it all either, too many examples across relevant threads do make logical deductions for any one 'single' cause. Perhaps to imbue some levity on my perceptions I'll change up the setting and maybe let's imagine our favorite game is like a used car... with a missing owners manual and an incomplete or missing vehicle history report? maybe even a salvage title? Guy who just bought this car is trying to install performance parts and a new engine designed for a newer make/model just to find he's not able do it and his SAE tools aren't adequately fitting the Metric nuts and bolts every time he lifts the hood to pull an old part out...   Maybe the game is best as an analogy to an apartment building.......

I intend absolutely no offense to BroadSwoard whatsoever, but this feels like they are the 'new' landlords of our apartment building, and Bioware are the 'old' landlords. Perhaps there were some holes BW slapped a fresh coat of plaster and painted over, or patched with duct tape instead of fixing it the right way before change of ownership? And the other side of that coin - BS maybe didn't inspect the property or ask as many questions as they should have? New owners are always met with surprises whether they occur naturally with time or were inadequately repaired in the past, But nevertheless I am grateful for Broadswoard and their efforts to keep the lights on, water flowing, and heat available for when its cold.

As a paying tenant I don't have the access to Structural Blueprints, Utilities Diagrams, or warranty information on the appliances in my unit either... but does the maintenance man have the tools, resources, and information he needs to get things fixed? Are there enough maintenance people to fix mine as well as an unknown/increasing number of other units when they all go out at the same time? How long can a landlord tell a tenant to wait without water while we work on getting it fixed before the landlord should bring in additional help? Do the owners have the blueprints? When the Landlord installs new fancy lights in the lobby, it causes our units' start flickering or not turning on at all does that warrant telling the tenant they need to go buy all new custom designer halogen or xenon bulbs to match? No... I think logically the new fancy lights are the problem and they didn't wire it up correctly, its not the budget friendly energy efficient bulbs in the tenants rooms.

I don't want to sleep in an vacant unit without my belongings, bed, clothing, etc.. I want my stuff. If I am locked out while the landlord is doing maintenance in my unit, I don't want to be told to sign a new lease on another unit while I wait, and I especially don't want to move into a different unit without being able to bring all of my belongings with me. And if my unit burns up in a fire as to destroy my belongings, my renter's insurance is supposed to re-imburse me for damages, but that can't replace everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spend the Lion's share of my gametime in my strongholds these days, acquiring decos's, crafting for creds, working for acquiring outfits, and a lot of the solo minded type content, 10+ years sub account as well but I have surprisingly little to show in my legacy tabs in content outside of how I like to waste my time here. - as to say I haven't really ventured out and accomplished even close to what some players could likely accomplish within a year. so it's not like I would really have a lot of ancient or archived items/chievos/titles, obsolete content etc... 

I do think it all is related to our in game settings or something we can't effect out of game, and how that does/does not interact with changes they make relevant to things like cutscenes, cinematics, in game lighting, 'the force lightening', ambient lighting etc... As a lot of noticeable changes have taken place recently like when all the lights were turned back 'on' or 'up' significantly on deco's, speeders, crystals, certain armors and the like that restored them to what they were previously or better. but with that being said..., was there a reason they were dulled down or turned 'off' in the first place? During Bioware times in the 'Onslaught' expansion in particular I remember a similar problem happening and soon after it was like turned the lights off, and it stayed as such until after the 64bit client patch, then to the following patches when Broadsword started restoring the shine and shimmer to things that had been dull for years. Mek Sha is another example of this IMHO, sooo many surfaces and angles, sooo many lights, graphics sinks, and processor vacuums. I cant get any of my deco's to get along in my Mek Sha SH, like they are fighting eachother on the programming level or something...  😑

as an edit, I'd like to add that this (Onslaught) was also the time when a number of mysteriously unavailable and unresolved decorations like the Osuss 'Void Crystal Container' and Ossus 'Shifting Crystal Container' (both non existant outside of list) showed up in the master list of decorations as Reputation Sourced Decorations. Every time I've scoured the internet for additional info about these it has always been a dead end, not to say others didn't go searching as well, but that their endeavors were never successful. To my eyes this seems relevant and possibly pertinent to current issues as there are a handful of visually exotic items recently introduced like the Metallic and Pearlescent Dye Modules.

Edited by mgorion
additional matter for consideration

14 hours ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Bunch of complainers in here that don't understand how long is takes to identify what is causing the problem and then have to create and deploy a fix.

As a developer, I understand the time it takes, and the many migraines to finding out the cause to a problem, but what I can't understand is that this problem has existed since last Tuesday. It's a major problem effecting paying customers. It's not just a minor inconvenience problem. Players are entirely unable to play on their accounts.  The devs failed to do anything before the weekend. And then they packed up and went home Friday, leaving this entire mess to just sit as-is over the weekend. Nobody likes working weekends, but when your careless software updates break something, sometimes you have to face the consequences and log into work on a Saturday.

Laughably, this could have been avoided if the devs actually did any testing. Where was PTS? Had they released 7.4.1 to PTS, a handful of players would have caught this bug while trying to play.

One a side note, the devs claim they have been unable to replicate the problem. That's just pure laziness. I'm guessing none of them are actually reading this thread. I am not facing this problem, but all I had to do was dust off an old laptop with 128mb VRAM, which I know is capable of playing this game, and I was able replicate the problem with my Satele Shan legacy.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Jade_Starchaser said:

Kinda like the game taking only 55(ish) GB to download, but needs 75 GB to run.

What's happening is compression and decompression. When you download large files/games, they will likely be compressed. Compressing data will result in smaller downloads, which means shorter download time, using less bandwidth, and taxing the server less.

As the client downloads the data, it's going to decompress it to it's full size. So a 55GB game download for example may bloat to 75GB when all is finished.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok I have 2 crazy ideas for anyone willing to try:

1) On a Free-to-Play account, create up to 4 characters per server & each time you create a character, log off completely after the intro & dialog cutscene. Then rinse & repeat on all servers until you find a point where you are no longer able to login.

2) Make a backup of the "_PlayerGUIState.ini" files under "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings" to a separate location & once that's done, delete those "_PlayerGUIState.ini" files in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings". Then try to login to yr subbed account & see what happens.

Good luck! 🤞

Edited by Xamodeus
Added "subbed account"

16 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

I was under the impression, Pinkish screen is usually associated with nvidia cards if tabbing out during loading, what video card do you have ?

Interestingly enough, on my old Windows 11 with Core i5, I often ran into the problem of having a pink screen. Usually just killing the program was enough and it would start back up with no problems. Very few times did I ever have to completely shut down or restart my PC. Might be useful to check graphics settings in the Preferences tab in the game if possible, and just reset them to medium at most until in-game? @Fordson

1 hour ago, Xamodeus said:

2) Make a backup of the "_PlayerGUIState.ini" files under "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings" to a separate location & once that's done, delete those "_PlayerGUIState.ini" files in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings". Then try to login to yr subbed account & see what happens.

My game isn't located in that same folder thread. In fact, I don't have that file, "_PlayerGUIState.ini" in my SWTOR game folders at all. At least when I searched the folder it wasn't found. So, I don't know. Thanx anyway.

FROM SWTOR DEVS THREAD LOCATED: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934309-game-update-741b/

• In the event that impacted players are able to log into the game when 7.4.1b goes live, we will work on compensating said players for lost game time. 

I just wanted to say that this problem has been going on for over a week. If I'm not compensated for a week+ of subscription time because of this, then I may stop playing all together. The subbed players need to be compensated for this missed time regardless of if 7.4.1b fixes the problem or not. Not all of us can play every day. Some of us only have specific times and days we can play, and this bug has really screwed all of us out of valuable game time that we PAID FOR. So, losing 25% or more of the subbed time we've paid for (and that's only what we've lost SO FAR) is already unacceptable and should be compensated. The upcoming fix shouldn't determine whether we get compensated or not. That should be a given. So, I don't understand this statement of if the bug fixes the problem then people will be compensated. It should just say, "We will work on compensating (or we WILL compensate) players who have been effected by this bug." Period.

Edited by Hollow_Stone

6 minutes ago, Hollow_Stone said:

FROM SWTOR DEVS THREAD LOCATED: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934309-game-update-741b/

• In the event that impacted players are able to log into the game when 7.4.1b goes live, we will work on compensating said players for lost game time. 

I just wanted to say that this problem has been going on for over a week. If I'm not compensated for a week+ of subscription time because of this, then I may stop playing all together. The subbed players need to be compensated for this missed time regardless of if 7.4.1b fixes the problem or not. Not all of us can play every day. Some of us only have specific times and days we can play, and this bug has really screwed all of us out of valuable game time that we PAID FOR. So, losing 25% or more of the subbed time we've paid for (and that's only what we've lost SO FAR) is already unacceptable and should be compensated. The upcoming fix shouldn't determine whether we get compensated or not. That should be a given. So, I don't understand this statement of if the bug fixes the problem then people will be compensated. It should just say, "We will work on compensating (or we WILL compensate) players who have been effected by this bug." Period.

I definitely will consider FTP instead of subbed if not compensated. because this is actually bs. I can pull it up on another server but not on my main. It should have been fixed a week ago. When people started reporting it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

I was under the impression, Pinkish screen is usually associated with nvidia cards if tabbing out during loading, what video card do you have ?

No idea where id find that, info out nor what a video card is 

1 hour ago, Hollow_Stone said:

I think you're misinterpreting Jackie's post.  I think she's basically saying WHEN its resolved, we'll figure out the compensation... cuz what exactly the compensation will be is kindof dependent on how long the issue persists.

Edited by Keirowyn
  • Like 1