Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

6 minutes ago, xXMikeanaXx said:

System Information
------------------
            System Manufacturer: HP
             System Model: HP All-in-One 24-f0xx
                     BIOS: F.49 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Tried the changing my gear from set to not it started playing music but then it froze again on art screen

This has a intel UHD 620 video card with 128mb so is affected 

21 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

its been 7 days its a new week..feeels like ive been in friggin prison waiting for my death sentence to be commuted or enforced in this game for months now its " " gonna be few more days and then we will try something " if it don't work we will have to start all over to find the problem " im losing my friggin mind over here jones'in for my fix

Have you tried going outside?

31 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

This has a intel UHD 620 video card with 128mb so is affected 

So I am guessing wait till Wednesday see if it fixes it, if not get a new computer. or just give up on playing star wars and go back to World of Warcraft

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

i got a simple solution..why not just remove the splash screen as that seems to be the hang up

That is not the issue. You can remove it yourself, like Owen said, but the actual problem is the game trying to load with the wrong graphics settings. Removing the splash screen will not make it any easier for your GPU to handle all those high quality texture files.

42 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

its been 7 days its a new week..feeels like ive been in friggin prison waiting for my death sentence to be commuted or enforced in this game for months now its " " gonna be few more days and then we will try something " if it don't work we will have to start all over to find the problem " im losing my friggin mind over here jones'in for my fix

Let's be patient now and see if this planned fix works. Considering they only figured out what the issue is today (or over the weekend when they were probably off work), it is probably best that they are taking another day before implementing it, hopefully to test it and make sure the fix does not cause any new bugs. We're not all going to die if it takes them another two days or even a week to fix the game. I'm frustrated about this too but calling it a death sentence is a little dramatic. There are other games, or books, or movies and shows you could enjoy in the meantime. They didn't lock us all in Shadow Town.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xXMikeanaXx said:

So I am guessing wait till Wednesday see if it fixes it, if not get a new computer. or just give up on playing star wars and go back to World of Warcraft

You can look in the Bios and see if you can increase the assigned vram to say 1GB it may or may not be similar to below ( just a sample photo for HP), so you may not have this option
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/308282i25B2A527980FEAEC?v=v2
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/308282i25B2A527980FEAEC?v=v2

Edited by OwenBrooks

go back to World of Warcraft

Sigh. I was totally addicted to World of Warcraft for a long time before I left it for Star Wars : The OId Republic.

It's not nearly as immersive. An interaction with an NPC amounts to reading some text and pressing a button instead of a fully animated, voiced-over cutscene ... but, on the other hand, at least Blizzard's team gives you something to DO.

• Like 2

In the event that impacted players are able to log into the game when 7.4.1b goes live, we will work on compensating said players for lost game time. 

Anybody even want to try to guess what this means?

• Like 1

I would hope at least an extension on remaining subscription time, and/in addition to an extension on term length of new Galactic Seasons track to equal the time between 7.4.1 patch and actual real resolution of this issue. And as a due diligence - taking serious consideration of what caused this problem in the first place before any other patches, game additions, new content etc... that may cause it to happen again. 

It's an understandable idea that future content can only involve technology updates and be reliant on largely what's considered to be benchmark levels of tech, but it's always going to be a fact that existing, new, and future players (especially paying customers) can not be expected to go out and pour money into their machines just to play a game.

Accessibility I think has been the saving grace for this game in the past, I and likely many others feel a general tone of elitist apathy at times in game or in forums sometimes when these issues happen to our favorite game. The fine line between cutting edge improvements to the game and maintaining the longer established  and loved content here may be blurry at times but we know that many games have come and gone by the wayside because they became exclusive by proxy - and I hope that doesn't happen to this game any time soon.

Edited by mgorion
self correction - patch reference
  • Like 2

@OwenBrooks, OK...tell me why others on better systems than mine can't get in...

MY SPECS

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
           Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
            DAC type: Internal
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_07A31028&REV_06
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 8261 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
       Shared Memory: 8133 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported

image.jpeg.773acb9e1a3db240d439fe6b87493729.jpeg

image.thumb.png.85958ced9f71b1381dfa58f63644cbcc.png

This is currently what I'm looking at RIGHT now. 

image.thumb.png.c259097449ed3d8074ee8f1fb9a084c6.png

So since my Intel integrated graphics chip is so "incapable of rendering high-resolution graphics"...then tell me why I'm playing my game right now and others with way better systems aren't capable of getting into their account? 

Yeah, I may be pleased as a bug in a rug that I'm able to play my game right now but my wife @KeiralynHalcyon is locked out of her account with this issue and I'm p***** off.  I want some answers and barking up the wrong tree claiming that "everybody who has problems has an inefficient system" is not the solution - because MY inefficient system is running just bloody peachy.  But my skin in this thread is I wanna be running missions and heroics with her being able to access HER account instead of her having to start ALL OVER! 

Edited by NikkeiSimmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NikkeiSimmer said:

So since my Intel integrated graphics chip is so "incapable of rendering high-resolution graphics"...then tell me why I'm playing my game right now and others with way better systems aren't capable of getting into their account? 

Simple answer - It matters how many characters are on the default server and outfits etc used on these characters 

Your screenshot shows 5 characters , if you try to load into a server with say 20 characters it will likely fail to load

Edited by OwenBrooks

Just now, OwenBrooks said:

Simple answer - It matters how many characters are on the default server and outfits etc used on these characters 

Your screenshot shows 5 characters , if you try to load into a server with say 20 characters it will likely fail to load

Bull****.  I have 24 out of 26 characters active and all dressed.  And I'm able to get in.  Did you even bother to take a look at the bottom of the character selection menu or shall I blow it up for you. 

image.thumb.png.90846ba5b067ebaf3301b543a64b9a87.png

Exactly where in the menu system can you find a character selection that displays ALL your characters in one page?  Last I knew SWTOR didn't have a character selection screen like that where you scroll to find your characters to play. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NikkeiSimmer said:

Bull****.  I have 24 out of 26 characters active and all dressed.  And I'm able to get in.  Did you even bother to take a look at the bottom of the character selection menu or shall I blow it up for you. 

thats interesting, Have you submitted a DXDiag for that system will flag to get your account looked at closer

24 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

But how can we fix that If I could log in right now i would delete all my old alts I dont use. I am really hoping this fix will get me in so I can. Or can we old a file not in game and delete

Which shinier armors?  I don't tend to buy a lot of stuff on the Cartel Market. 

Secondly my wife hasn't got any of the "newer" armors on her characters and is having this problem of being unable to get in to her account. 

I'm sorry, the only stuff I have bought on the GTN recently was my Jedi Consular's outfit which is only used in Outfitter.  image.thumb.png.c4dd82860c092907d91a1c3f273ac784.png

And that's an older outfit. 

Edited by NikkeiSimmer

On 3/18/2024 at 1:25 AM, Keirowyn said:

Ok... using MY laptop, I went back and started turning my outfits back on, one by one. I turned on my Destroyer armor on one of my Jedi and logged out... turned on the Suppression Trooper on one of my agents and logged out... then went to one of my bounty hunters and turned on the Reforged Mandalorian Hunter... logged out to character select and it froze.

@NikkeiSimmer if your wanting to test try the ones like listed above

On 3/18/2024 at 1:13 AM, Keirowyn said:

Holy crap... this worked.  I have 22 characters on Star Forge (plus one lvl 1 I just created yesterday as a test).

Logged onto my wife's Ryzen 7 laptop and went through all 22 of my characters and clicked "Show gear as outfit" or whatever it says... then switched to my Core i7 / Iris Xe laptop and now I can log into my account.

I wonder if its a certain newer / higher texture outfit that's causing it... like the Suppression Trooper armor a couple of my chars were wearing.  Or the Reforged Mandalorian Hunter.

This is a good way to try and reproduce the issue to be honest even for swtor

17 minutes ago, CarrieCutter said:

But how can we fix that If I could log in right now i would delete all my old alts I dont use. I am really hoping this fix will get me in so I can. Or can we old a file not in game and delete

Your account should load ok on a AMD or NVidia system right now

40 minutes ago, NikkeiSimmer said:

But add more. I have a old laptop I was using to help troubleshoot this problem.

37 toons on Satele Shan = Freeze

23 toons on Star Forge = no problem 

I'm just hoping this up coming patch on the 20th can fix this freeze loading screen problem. This is frustrating you have a subscription and you can't play the game. On Day seven.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.