Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No Companions for GS 6? What's the motivation to even try it?

2 minutes ago, DWho said:

Oh good, another daily area, just what we need.

Now you're giving them way too much credit. ;)

That's more than I can hope for, but I really don't think we'll get as much. Probably a Chiss NPC on the fleet asking us to complete his chore list on several base game planets before giving us keys to his spare mansion.

Edited by Traceguy

30 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Do you need 9 companions when you first hit the fleet? When us veteran players first hit the fleet, we didn't have 9 companions. We had 1. And when I first started each companion was locked into 1 role. Wanted a healer for Jedi Knight? Wait until Balmorra. Pretty sure Treek and HK-51 were the first chance at getting extra companions. I honestly don't remember what it takes to get HK-51 on an alt, but Treek costs like 1,000,000 credits on the fleet.

I'm not against getting a new companion, but I am against saying they are a "make and break" - "only motivation" for a season. Was Amity or PH4-LNX really motivation? When I completed Season 5, there was no companion, but my motivation was the same as every season before. FOMO+Completionist. Get level 100. Get max rep. Get the cheevos. But also, saying this now, I have to ask, since companions like Amity were given out at season track level 1, how were they motivation for the other 99 levels?

yes I do. Why shouldn't it?

As a veteran player, when I hit fleet it is because I create a new character, used a master datacron and instantly became level 80 with my ship.

I hit fleet, pick my 3 crafts, summon my 9 companions from Collections, then ignore the story since I don't care about it.

New players maybe hitting fleet with only 1 companion. Are you telling me new players won't find having a few Galactic Season companions useful after they hit fleet so they can use them to craft while out in the field with a companion set up for combat?

Are you telling me new players won't turn into veteran players and like me, insta themselves to 80 at one point and decide to skip the story and find Galactic Season companion and promotional companions who can craft useful?

All this hate against having companions in Galactic Season why? Because some lack the creativity to understand how useful they can be?

I'm at the point I have more than 9 companions to pick from in Collections that can craft. I don't need more companions, but I understand the desire for companions players can earn that aren't tied to the story.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

As a veteran player, when I hit fleet it is because I create a new character, used a master datacron and instantly became level 80 with my ship.

I hit fleet, pick my 3 crafts, summon my 9 companions from Collections, then ignore the story since I don't care about it.

For what it's worth. If you start Ossus on your instant level 80 character, you will instantly get all the KOTFE/KOTET characters, and Odessan has a terminal to instantly get all the story ones.

Edited by Traceguy

11 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

That's more than I can hope for, but I really don't think we'll get as much. Probably a Chiss NPC on the fleet asking us to complete his chore list on several base game planets before giving us keys to his spare mansion.

I guess, it could hardly be more pathetic than the GS5 "story", but who knows. We don't really know what rock bottom is.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DWho said:

I guess, it could hardly be more pathetic than the GS5 "story", but who knows. We don't really know what rock bottom is.

At this point I'm sure some people wouldn't mind a generic companion without a story instead of 200 filler tech frags or 5 rep tokens.

Edited by Darkestmonty

On 2/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, Traceguy said:

Now you're giving them way too much credit. ;)

I think that sounds where this  might end up....chores and guess what you get the reward  for a new room to display your goodies.

I'd prefer a companion who would not only fight alongside me but contribute in leveling up  or accumulating more XP. Easy choice when it comes to it.

GS seasons have lovely rewards beyond comps (which we have too many of already and no way at all to organize them to our own personal use). I agree that a new comp would not be unwelcome, but your question is "what's the motivation?". If you are only motivated to get a new comp, then there is none. 

For the rest of us, we love to get new armor pieces, new rides, new pets, cartel coins, and the cq points we get from completing objectives. Pretty much any Season objective has a tied-in cq objective, so it's incredibly fast and easy to get your cq (and the associated tech frags, comms, and cred bundle).

Also, the stories for the Seasons are usually interesting enough (if not riveting), though I would have LOVED a giant 3V comp, the Loth cat is so cute that I didn't cry too hard. I secretly think that the devs were not happy with forum players' response to new comps, so they showed us what we were missing by being so pi$$y. But forum posters are a teensy percentage of the actual game population, so it ended up an inside spite that really only harmed subs who don't frequent the forums (i.e. MOST subs).

Over all, seasons are fun and give you something new to do if you are stuck with a bunch of 80s and just can't stomach yet another hammerstation or Nefra.

The great thing about Seasons, though, is that you don't have to participate at all if you choose not to, so there really is no need to complain at all. I don't do the PVP Seasons (or really anything PVP), but I certainly don't care if others love it (and so many do!). Shrug. If you can't get a new comp and that's all that matters to you about Seasons, then just don't do them. Easy-peasey.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:50 PM, Darkestmonty said:

New players still benefit greatly from having companions not tied to their story advancement

The only thing that a dozen of instant companions at level 1 are good for is crafting, something that new players aren’t doing and don’t need to do. I don’t see the great benefit.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:08 AM, orichichan said:

The stronghold is nice but I realize we could have gotten Salana Rok as companion or a a female chiss companion as cool as Salana Rok with the galactic seasons :t_frown:

ChissScoundrel-TUR.jpg.d67bb74ca74a01b8d8b5cf47aa3a5f97.jpg

That's a good one. I would take this companion instead of any stronghold...hopefully they will consider other options for next GS 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 12:34 PM, BulbulusTheGreat said:

remains to be seen how long they'll be, my biggest issue with 5 was bad story writing and uninteresting characters as well as very mediocre sh, this one already has far better sh.

I can't even remember if Altuur has companion conversations, he definitely doesn't have achievements for them like Fen, PH4-LNX and Amity do

Fen's were just conversations, PH4-LNX was the first set to actually have goals even if it was just "go to these places and find and click a quest object" and I've already voiced my opinion on her story, Amity's story was trash but didn't even have an interesting concept in the first place

so really, what rock have you been living under where the galactic seasons "story" "content" has been enticing in any way, shape or form and why were your expectations so high for GS5

15 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

I can't even remember if Altuur has companion conversations, he definitely doesn't have achievements for them like Fen, PH4-LNX and Amity do

Fen's were just conversations, PH4-LNX was the first set to actually have goals even if it was just "go to these places and find and click a quest object" and I've already voiced my opinion on her story, Amity's story was trash but didn't even have an interesting concept in the first place

so really, what rock have you been living under where the galactic seasons "story" "content" has been enticing in any way, shape or form and why were your expectations so high for GS5

never said my expectations were high, idk where you pulled that one out, something being bad can get worse, which is the case with GS5, idk anything about altuur and fen, i joined when PH4 started as well as amity, so i can only judge last three GS's, these two weren't good but they still had a story more worthwhile than 5 had, 5's entire story revolves around angry twi'lek living in his basement and pranking everyone, even reputation track is a joke as we're supposed to earn a rep for an "army" that doesn't even exist, at least PH4'S G.A.M.E and Amity's cold moon faction actually do exist and aren't made up by crazy twi'lek living in mek-sha basements, at least these two had two seconds of some form of personality and some kind of relevant back story that the twi'lek lacked, again these two weren't particularly good, no GS story is especially if we compare it to actual ingame stories, but something being bad can go to even worse easly, rock bottom can always go deeper, story was worst in 5, sh was also mediocre and small.

i mean i keep calling main bad guy of entire story "twi'lek" becuse i cannot remember his name, thats how good 5's story was.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

7 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

never said my expectations were high, idk where you pulled that one out, something being bad can get worse, which is the case with GS5, idk anything about altuur and fen, i joined when PH4 started as well as amity, so i can only judge last three GS's, these two weren't good but they still had a story more worthwhile than 5 had, 5's entire story revolves around angry twi'lek living in his basement and pranking everyone, even reputation track is a joke as we're supposed to earn a rep for an "army" that doesn't even exist, at least PH4'S G.A.M.E and Amity's cold moon faction actually do exist and aren't made up by crazy twi'lek living in mek-sha basements, at least these two had two seconds of some form of personality and some kind of relevant back story that the twi'lek lacked, again these two weren't particularly good, no GS story is especially if we compare it to actual ingame stories, but something being bad can go to even worse easly, rock bottom can always go deeper, story was worst in 5, sh was also mediocre and small.

Altuur is amazing. Has a great debuff for single targets and probably the best single target companion you can use especially in a group setting. I like to use him on world bosses that don't disable companions or base invasions.

image.png.b5c0584a977114b47cd55228a1ec2544.png

DPS and Heal role respectively.

Amity has a ground target AOE for DPS role and reduces damage to you by 10% and neither are great.

image.png.535e433770fc65ac232a06424025596a.png

DPS and Heal role respectively.

The other GS companions are generic and offer no unique utility.

Edited by Darkestmonty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.