12 years with SWTOR!

KeithKanneg

1 hour ago, Shayddow said:

not every German, Frenchman, American or Asia-Pacific player either. I'd be more inclined to buy one at a time. Not 30 of them at once. I've only bought hyper 2 or 3 times in the whole life of the game, but I've bought one at a time many times.

notice they didn't answer? its still not available. 😐

On 12/23/2023 at 5:22 PM, VanessaBlackrose said:

i'll bet any credit that malgus will be around for a loooooong time to come. 😒

Most likely.  I will never understand why they keep bringing characters back, after they were dead......  Create a new evil character instead p.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see a post 7.*  roadmap, especially since BS have a rep as a "maintenance" studio.

Give some hope to us all :)

Also a thought, I'd love to see new classes, I think the opportunity for a rep agent and empire trooper was missed., but a new class (or two) would also bring some injection to the player base IMO. 

• Like 1

il y a 11 minutes, Nommaz a dit :

It would be nice to see a post 7.*  roadmap, especially since BS have a rep as a "maintenance" studio.

Also a thought, I'd love to see new classes, I think the opportunity for a rep agent and empire trooper was missed., but a new class (or two) would also bring some injection to the player base IMO. 

hey ^^

Better talk about new combat style cause new class with story and all that won't happen.
Long time no see any roadmap. Seems that Swtor needs a lot of backend work and has many suprises in developpement so roadmap publishing is not easy ;)
We'll have news about 7.4.1 (and a little 7.5) at devstream in january. Long is the wait ^^

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:23 AM, Nommaz said:

yeah, not making these two was a missed opportunity all those years ago.

• Like 1

Sadly the devs stopped giving roadmaps several years ago, as people took what was said as what we would get. When something that was said to come didn't, they got mad, and called the devs out for not delivering. Things got even worse with threats to the devs and so on, so no wonder they stopped.

Would it be nice with a roadmap? Yes, but some poeple will never understand that things change in game development, and certain things in a roadmap might not happen. I've seen it in other games that have roadmaps, and it even happens with a disclaimer at the top of the roadmap stating that nothing is set in stone, and things can and will happen that changes priorities.

Edited by Otowi
Corrected some typos.

3 hours ago, Otowi said:

Sadly the devs stopped giving roadmaps several years ago, as people took what was said as what we would get. When something that was said to come didn't, they got mad, and called the devs out for not delivering. Things got even worse with threats to the devs and so on, so no wonder they stopped.

Would it be nice with a roadmap? Yes, but some poeple will never understand that things change in game development, and certain things in a roadmap might not happen. I've seen it in other games that have roadmaps, and it even happens with a disclaimer at the top of the roadmap stating that nothing is set in stone, and things can and will happen that changes priorities.

It’s never a good idea to threaten the devs. It’s not acceptable at all. But stopping road maps because of it is also a really poor excuse.

Honestly, how many games do road maps & then dont deliver on said road map? Because a road map is basically a business plan for game developers. So they are actually making one internally to use themselves. Not delivering on it shows there was a big problem that prevented it or it was a poorly written business plan / road map. 

I think the problem is they got overly ambitious with what they wanted to deliver. So everything went on the public road map instead of holding somethings back. Then something happened, probably BioWare Management or EA pulled some funding or a key developer left & they couldn’t do “x” in time anymore. 

There is nothing stopping them from providing a more conservative road map to the players with what they know they can deliver. And keeping the more risky or untested possibilities off it. Then providing the players with a surprise when they release it.

The premise is to simply under promise & then over deliver. Which always makes people happy. Sadly, in the past, they have over promised & then under delivered. Which just pissed people off. So instead they’ve decided not to promise anything because then they can’t under deliver. It comes across to the players that they have no confidence in their own plan or work. Which will ultimately have a negative effect on the player retention.

Thats why they should at least release a conservative road map. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s never a good idea to threaten the devs. It’s not acceptable at all. But stopping road maps because of it is also a really poor excuse.

Honestly, how many games do road maps & then dont deliver on said road map? Because a road map is basically a business plan for game developers. So they are actually making one internally to use themselves. Not delivering on it shows there was a big problem that prevented it or it was a poorly written business plan / road map. 

I think the problem is they got overly ambitious with what they wanted to deliver. So everything went on the public road map instead of holding somethings back. Then something happened, probably BioWare Management or EA pulled some funding or a key developer left & they couldn’t do “x” in time anymore. 

There is nothing stopping them from providing a more conservative road map to the players with what they know they can deliver. And keeping the more risky or untested possibilities off it. Then providing the players with a surprise when they release it.

The premise is to simply under promise & then over deliver. Which always makes people happy. Sadly, in the past, they have over promised & then under delivered. Which just pissed people off. So instead they’ve decided not to promise anything because then they can’t under deliver. It comes across to the players that they have no confidence in their own plan or work. Which will ultimately have a negative effect on the player retention.

Thats why they should at least release a conservative road map. 

A conservative roadmap might work, but it would need to have a BIG disclaimer that things may change between the release of the roadmap, and what is delivered. Then they could say that due to time constraints or something turned out more complicated than originally thought, they are not able to deliver said content or features, but should hopefully get included in the next patch or two.

That would give them more wiggle room, and also keep communication with the player base. An informed player base is a lot happier than one filled with doom and gloom and rampant speculation.

And you're not wrong on the fact that they have promised much, and then somehow managed to under deliver. One that's more recent is the 10 year celebration. It seemed they had a lot in store for us, and what we got turned out to be dissapointing. What exactly happened there is a mystery, but something must have gone pearshaped, and some content got left on the cutting room floor as it were.

I hope they can turn it around, but their track record is not exactly stellar in that regard sadly.

Edited by Otowi

5 hours ago, Otowi said:

A conservative roadmap might work, but it would need to have a BIG disclaimer that things may change between the release of the roadmap, and what is delivered. Then they could say that due to time constraints or something turned out more complicated than originally thought, they are not able to deliver said content or features, but should hopefully get included in the next patch or two.

That would give them more wiggle room, and also keep communication with the player base. An informed player base is a lot happier than one filled with doom and gloom and rampant speculation.

And you're not wrong on the fact that they have promised much, and then somehow managed to under deliver. One that's more recent is the 10 year celebration. It seemed they had a lot in store for us, and what we got turned out to be dissapointing. What exactly happened there is a mystery, but something must have gone pearshaped, and some content got left on the cutting room floor as it were.

I hope they can turn it around, but their track record is not exactly stellar in that regard sadly.

Most of BioWares & now Broadswords poor public relations issues (that piss players off) has always been about their lack of communication & transparency. So many issue could have been avoided over the years by communicating more & having some transparency. But they are so hung up on everything being top secret or keeping players in the dark, that it’s actually been detrimental to their reputation & player’s loyalty & ultimately led to less player retention. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Otowi said:

One that's more recent is the 10 year celebration. It seemed they had a lot in store for us, and what we got turned out to be dissapointing. What exactly happened there is a mystery, but something must have gone pearshaped,

You’d think that now they are under a different company, they could shed some light on what happened. I’m sure players would be more understanding if they were actually told what derailed the 10 year anniversary. It’s not like these guys need to stay loyal to BioWare anymore. Of course it may have been EA that pulled the rug out their feet & they are still the publisher. 

15 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You’d think that now they are under a different company, they could shed some light on what happened. I’m sure players would be more understanding if they were actually told what derailed the 10 year anniversary. It’s not like these guys need to stay loyal to BioWare anymore. Of course it may have been EA that pulled the rug out their feet & they are still the publisher. 

Malgus did it. It's part of his secret plans... :mon_trap:

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2024 at 4:19 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

You’d think that now they are under a different company, they could shed some light on what happened.

I don't think it's that mysterious. They simply overpromised. Yes, a statement would have been nice, even if it was just something along the lines of "oops sorry lmao", but it's been two years since then so I doubt anything is coming. Especially because Bioware has never done apologies. The best way to make things right anyway is releasing good updates, and I think they are doing an alright job. The 7.x cycle may be slow, but it can't be denied that there have been some very good changes, especially since 7.2. 

On 1/2/2024 at 11:14 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

Most of BioWares & now Broadswords poor public relations issues (that piss players off) has always been about their lack of communication & transparency. So many issue could have been avoided over the years by communicating more & having some transparency. But they are so hung up on everything being top secret or keeping players in the dark, that it’s actually been detrimental to their reputation & player’s loyalty & ultimately led to less player retention. 

This was Wow's problem also, it only took 20 years for them to realise they needed to communicate more, companies should look at FFXIV for the way to communicate with players, they are pretty on to it, and Wow has improved over the years so there is some hope :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.