12 years with SWTOR!

KeithKanneg

Very interesting that new ultimate reward for GS will be Stronghold. Nice. I think it will be either Ilum, Ziost, Zakuul, Iokath, Oricon. 

Btw I would please that you add new rewards for GS vendor to spend tokens, like new decorations that we never got or were cut.

I hope we'll also get some info about if we are going to get Night Date stuff that was datamined like 2 patches ago.

And of course I hope 7.6 will be also released on 2024.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello.
Thx for the letter.
Can't wait the part "I have so many more things I want to tell you about with the upcoming releases" as soon as possble.. mabye seasonal servers ? multi servere party finder ? Legacy friendlist ? Companion system update ? Levelling up odessen reputation more than lvl 20 with h2 ? Craft update ? ... Ok I'm a little greedy here ;)

Thx to the team and enjoy all the end of the year fiesta ! ;)

• Like 1

It really has been quite a year for the game. Declared dead around 6 different times, yet still going strong with some nice under the hood improvements. I hope the team continues to work on performance issues that happened for some players after the last updates.

7.4.1 livestream is great news, I always enjoy those. Hopefully you'll find ways to actually interact with the community and a better way of distributing rewards ^^

• Like 4

Thanks for the letter i guess ( sort of underwhelming, in my opinion, only because people forget this is not some chump-change IP  this is  the goshdarn  *STAR WARS* IP  for Yoda's sake!  )  but yet again  @KeithKanneg  i see no mention at all in your  "things to come"  carrotease  about  this wonderfully appropriate aspect of SWTOR called...... GSF ( Galactic Starfighter ) . :sy_starship:

Nor do i see anything about  Player CRAFTING either.  This is, after all, still a  MMO , is it not?   Please tell  EA to think outside of their little  Cartel Market  profit$ box  since other games like ESO are able to micro-transaction AND  at least give the impression they care about  Player Crafting.

We still have a great game here, with great potential ( obviously ) , but please please please, i beg you to talk with  @EricMusco about  incorporating more crafted schematics  instead of  CM reskins x infinity ...and then also, please just devoting just ONE  Development  cycle to  GSF , since u guys  basically haven't touched it in ohhh i dunno 6+ years now. :(

Thanks and have a nice holiday. :ph_use_the_force:

• Like 4

Nice post. Good with confirmation that development will continue.

Could the planet(s) with a nice view be Alderaan or Illum? Doubt it's Hoth, with a view of white snow and not much more, same with Tatooine, except sand, which get everywhere as we all know.

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a minor typo.

I have so many more things I want to tell you about with the upcoming releases, and everything else we have planned for next year with story and events, but alas today is a celebration of our 12th anniversary.

Thanks for the update, but this is carrot on a stick communication is pretty frustrating. Especially as other MMO's this week have received pretty fleshed out roadmaps. I know we got some info on 7.4.1, but I was hoping after getting out from under Bioware the communication would improve, but it feels like cloak and dagger. Not trying to rain on the 12th anniversary parade, but as a player since closed beta this communication needs to be better especially in a game with a subscription attached. I want to at least reiterate that I want this game to succeed.

Edited by Kirax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont see much here it only talked about what you've already done, didn't give us any clear direction for next year, and then told use about sales in the end. 

With promises not being kept its clear we shouldn't expect much for next year. We all just keep on trucking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Article gives next to nothing away about the coming year - we are like mushrooms Keith; being kept in the dark and fed s....well you know what I mean.  I'd like to see something for crafting in 2024. The recent GTN changes have decimated a lot of basic crafting abilities and the game is really missing a vital component without decent crafting options.

New maps for both 8 v 8 warzones and GSF and some time limited non repeatable mini events would be nice to keep the world fresh and alive feeling.

Also can you give something to guildleaders who want to take a small break from the game but don't want to lose ship and other guild rights.

Thanks to all for better communication this year - room for improvement but a step in the right direction.

• Haha 2

I love the new warzones and arenas, tacticals, implants, the class overhaul and the regular PVP balance, you obviously put a lot of thinking into it.

I also welcome the revival of combat team playing regularly, especially the braveness of playing non-stealth melee against the ranged self-healing tanks.

I really appreciate how much you emphasized the importance of improving PVP experience by teaching us how to play and justifying the same damage output for both melee and ranged.

I also can not wait for further ability pruning (especially for the overperforming sentinels) and the anniversal operative buff.

And on behalf of all melee players, I wish for more ranged/stealth roots, stuns, slows, because we don't really enjoy if our character moves at normal speed or can hit the enemy. We need more challenge.

Edited by varietasplus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Thx for the letter Keith. Really appreciate the increased communication by the team!

Looking forward to next year and what you have in store.

My 3 most important wishes for next year: lots of new (voiced/cinematic) content, do something for GSF (favourite game mode), bug squishing.

Wish the team and my fellow players a merry christmas, a healthy new year and a nice holiday with lots of SWTOR!!!

12 years. I still remember the palpable anticipation during the months before launch. I remember getting my log in time and the wait time associated as there were so many people logging in. I'm happy to see SWTOR is still going. I really hope Broadsword does a realistic evaluation of what is needed for this game, because I want it to continue for years to come, and there are some issues that need to be addressed. That's a post for another time.

This response is to thank the devs and all associated with the game for their efforts and hard work. Happy holidays to all. Happy Anniversary SWTOR.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

I’m so happy swtor will keep updating it’s the last expanded universe game still active 

can’t wait for the stream in February so I’m assuming the release for 7.4.1 will be sometime in March not to bad of a wait 

hopefully more eu lore and gear 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, VanessaBlackrose said:

speaking of cartel market place, why take down the single purchase of the ultimate cartel hypercrate that was only 200 cc? not every canadian can afford 60$ for 30 of them in a pack.

not every German, Frenchman, American or Asia-Pacific player either. I'd be more inclined to buy one at a time. Not 30 of them at once. I've only bought hyper 2 or 3 times in the whole life of the game, but I've bought one at a time many times.

• Like 1