Holiday and Cartel Market sales for 2023

JackieKo

I'm a founder, and long-term critic in the name of trying to make the game better. I actually came back with high hopes that we'd be in for some good changes now that the game is under new management. I would have expected new management to embrace what the players are looking forward to. At least that, if not even going a step further. First impressions, right?

The feedback in this thread should be patently obvious as to what we will, and will not accept. You need us on your side, and this does not earn it from us.

Rethink this urgently. Give us a proper sale event including generous collection unlocks, and re-evaluate your decision-making process. If you're considering a decision and a likely outcome is "this is going to be pretty unpopular with the majority of our player base", it means you're on the wrong track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to say that I see your comments and I'm taking them back to the team to have more conversations about the Collection Unlock sale. So hang tight! I'll pop back in here when I have an update for you all. 

Thank you for making sure the team listens to us, even if the final decision isn't yours. Hopefully, everything works out, and wecan have a happier Christmas :) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to say that I see your comments and I'm taking them back to the team to have more conversations about the Collection Unlock sale. So hang tight! I'll pop back in here when I have an update for you all. 

Please, put all those life day items on CM as well. Including the Snowtacular flair, Snowfall tuning, Wampa companion etc etc. Not just the collection sale.

Edited by BEE_Stark

@JackieKo

Hi everyone, 

Thank You for your intervention, listening, response, and caring for this community... hope it works out for the best...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cupelixx said:

I'm a founder, and long-term critic in the name of trying to make the game better. I actually came back with high hopes that we'd be in for some good changes now that the game is under new management. I would have expected new management to embrace what the players are looking forward to. At least that, if not even going a step further. First impressions, right?

The feedback in this thread should be patently obvious as to what we will, and will not accept. You need us on your side, and this does not earn it from us.

Rethink this urgently. Give us a proper sale event including generous collection unlocks, and re-evaluate your decision-making process. If you're considering a decision and a likely outcome is "this is going to be pretty unpopular with the majority of our player base", it means you're on the wrong track.

Too right.

I'm not overly impressed with what is on the Cartel Market to begin with.

A lot of the Color Crystals just look bad. And the weapon/armor glam pieces look generic and like nothing more than padding to make Hypercrates have a harder time giving you something decent. Not encouraging me to buy any of it outright.

If dyes are going to be high price, then they need to become Collection items. $10+ for a single use item is crap and something I'd never purchase. I'd make do with in-game dyes before I ever spent that much for coloring a single item. Same goes for these Metallic/Shiny pieces. $15 apiece? No thanks.

If they want to make money, instead of padding the market with garbage, they should make quality stuff. Not just crappy items akin to tourist trap items at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Saw a few questions about what sales/events are happening this month and during the holiday break. We are rolling out a different sales format this year, so I’m going to be breaking them down below for clarity and so you all know what to expect in the coming weeks. 

Events

• Life Day starts today and will run until January 9th! 
  • Double XP event will run from December 24 to January 4, 2024

Sales

The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 12 credits (down from 5000) until the next game update

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales, players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market. 

Below is a breakdown of all the starting dates for each of these sales!

To celebrate Life Day, we will be running unique daily sales beginning December 13 to December 20: 

• Life Day Tinsel Bomb Toy (Dec 13)
  • Life Day Surprise Toy (Dec 14)
  • Life Day Robes Armor Set (Dec 15)
  • Merry Ice Tromper Mount (Dec 16)
  • Life Day Snowball Cannon Toy (Dec 17)
  • Life Day Orb Toy (Dec 18)
  • Festive Tauntaun Mount (Dec 19)
  • Life Day Fireplace Decoration (Dec 20)

The below are our special Anniversary sales and will run from December 20 to January 4: 

• 5-pack: Major Experience Boost
  • Commander's Compendium - 3 Pack
  • Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle
  • Thexan's Armor Set
  • Satele Shan's Dualsaber
  • Darth Nul's Lightsaber
  • Tulak Hord's Lightsaber

We’re featuring some popular items from December 21 to January 4. These are daily sales: 

• Elite Mandalorian Bundle (Dec 21)
  • Executioner Lightning Weapon Tuning (Dec 22)
  • Mischief & Anarchy Blaster Pistols (Dec 23)
  • Tau's Lightsaber (Dec 24)
  • Armor of Darth Revan Set (Dec 25)
  • Onderon Guardian Bundle (Dec 26)
  • Dark Side Hssiss Mount (Dec 27)
  • Zakuul Knight Armor Set (Dec 28)
  • Stronghold Cantina Decoration Bundle (Dec 29)
  • Sensuous Dress Armor Set (Dec 30)
  • Heartless Pursuer Armor Set (Dec 31)
  • Imperial Reaper's Armor Set (Jan 1)
  • Incinerator Weapon Tuning (Jan 2)
  • Twisted Fang Lightsaber (Jan 3)

I hope this breakdown was helpful and that you all enjoy the holiday sales coming up! 

In addition to the comments already made on Collections, I was also very disappointed that the items that can help increase the rate of drops during this event were not already on CM.  The snow ball cannon significantly increases snow covered packages and holo trees, and for players that may not have had that item as a carry over from the previous years, the inability to get this item for 5 days just doesn't feel right.  I strongly urge you all to use the layouts from previous Life Days for this year too.  The long-time players are really disappointed in the changes for this year, as is shown in your feedback and is really flying around in Gen Chats.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

With the over whelming response simply being: "I will keep my CC's and you can keep your Sale."

That should quickly get someone's attention.

lol yeah this is one of few occassions where i've seen massive revolt from people quickly change devs minds within few hours, its healthy really, they make mistake and then see that people don't like it and (probably) fix it.

I have so much stuff I'd love to unlock, but only if there's a sale. Would be extremely disappointing if there wasn't a sale this year, as they have been every year. 

I'm not gonna rage like a child and be all butthurt and pissy, but I'm +1 for a simple 50% off collections sale. +2 for 75%

Edited by euroDSMtuner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Good. Hopefully this will change, which it should. Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in the minds of developers/publishers, and would really like to be the fly on the wall during such meetings.

That no one even said that this would be a monumentally bad idea, is beyond me. Now we see what the result of the devs "offer" led them. 

Edited by Otowi

1 minute ago, euroDSMtuner said:

but I'm +1 for a simple 50% off collections sale. +2 for 75%

As I see it:
50% is them trying to get as much profit as they can before the game fails.
75% and there is some hope that things will stick around for awhile.
That EA isn't going to pull a Wildhearts and shut down TOR.

38 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

We also need APAC server transfers before Xmas. Surely your data can show what’s going on & why we need them.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks, Jackie! I don't like to be negative with the game, and the Dev team, but this was one of those times when it just felt like I (And I bet others) needed to say something. If we had both this, and a Collections Unlock/Character Transfer sale, that would be nice.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

It's a pleasure when we're given an indication that our feedback is heard and being considered. Thank you for taking it back to discuss it, and also for updating us. I heavily encourage this sort of behavior to continue! :)

Edited by AlCiao
  • Like 3

I'm late to this party but just wanted to add my support to those upset about not getting a Collection unlock sale. Wish we would also get better sales for entire groups of things, outfits, weapons, toys, ect. but that ain't gonna happen now. 

Edited by Banthabreeder

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the work that goes into a game like this and I understand that there are multiple issues and perspectives that must be balanced; however, after playing this game and being a subscriber almost continuously since 2012 there seems to be a disconnect between the company and the customers / players.

I realize some individuals might be quite happy with this sale, since each customer / player is different; however, this 'plan' for the holiday sales is beyond 'meh' and is actually just more annoyance and disappointment on top of other recent things.

Being that I have been playing since 2012 many of those Life Day items under 'unique daily sales' I already have, along with many of the other listed items.

I know I had been looking forward to the Collection Unlock sale (and so were several friends), so that I could unlock some additional items to use for alts, and now this . . .  😞

While character transfer sales does not impact me, it seems like a slap in the face to those who had been asking for a new server, only to have no easy way to transfer their main characters who they may have played for years and no sale on transfers. What a way to reward loyal customers / players.

The game feels as if it has increasingly become punitive towards the customers / players - play exactly the way we want you too or else. This sale just feels like more of the same.

I had actually hoped things would improve with the move to Broadsword, but it appears it is not getting better.

There were a lot of changes that I have not liked and some activities I have given up such as flashpoint weeklies, recently the GTN and a few other things; however, I have continued to play and sub so that I can spend time with my remaining friends in the game.  My continued subscription relies on my friends continuing to play. 

While many friends have already left for other games I still have several who have stuck around, but with all these recent changes they are actively discussing what other games we could move to, and this sale is just another 'nail'.  While I know all things eventually come to an end this is just a shame when it is for these types of reasons - still like the game but hate various changes and decisions.

Edited by NaiadL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Please don't forget to mention the snowglobes and other Life Day stuff such as the wampa companion, snow weapon tuning, and other things!

20 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

JackieKo, thx pls do. BS management, pls change this disappointing decision

I am happy to be a continuous subscriber almost since launch for a game I truly enjoy almost daily.

But I really hate that I have to pay a second time for the collections unlock (at least at the regular prices). And I know there are a lot of people who share my view. And I guarantee we will not buy collection unlocks anyway, regardless if discounted or not. So, beside having disappointed players, you'll probably even have lower sales overall. 

this is my first forum post in 12 years, take that as a measure of my frustration 

PS: It might have been just bad judgement and lack of understanding how negatively this will be received (although I hope that the team knows better than that) but at least explain yourselves. Tell us why you do what you do because if such things are communicated "just like that", it just makes you look greedy (or worse, financially so tight that you have to cling to straws)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XBKWG said:

this is my first forum post in 12 years, take that as a measure of my frustration 

This DOES speak volumes.

Jackie, thanks for taking our concerns to the team. I truly believe that having a collections unlock sale + making the seasonal Life Day rare CM items available again + server transfers will make an extremely large portion of your player base extremely happy this holiday season.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Okay! I'm going to be updating my OP with the following info:

• A 50% Collection Unlock sale will be running from December 20 - January 9, 2024.
  • The Life Day daily unique items are still being run daily, however, players can see other items (including the Wampa Companion, snow globes, and festive weapon tuning) on the Popular tab for a more comprehensive list of other Life Day, festive, and winter themed items that are on sale. These sales will run from today until December 20th.

Appreciate the feedback and thanks for your patience!

Thank you so very much to you and the team, Ms. Jackie! :D

Edited by AlCiao
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.