IMPOSSIBLE TO GET NOTES OF REFLECTION AFTER SEASON END

OverDrone

On 1/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, McDunnough said:

Has the fix for the unintentional reduced drop rate been rolled out yet?

quoting/replying to you AGAIN because  THIS---> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/933292-game-update-74b-coming-the-week-of-january-22nd/

Thankyou  @BryantWood & DEV Team,   re:  "Fixed an issue where the drop rates of Galactic Seasons reputation currency were lower than intended in previous seasons. "

Everyone looting shall hopefully rejoice in 10 days!!! :D

14 minutes ago, Fleudermaus said:

After killing a few hundred Black Sun on Coruscant with Fen Zeil equipped today, I can say that as of 08:34 PST on 23 Jan, 2024; this is not fixed.

Premature testing.  7.4b won't be deployed until tomorrow.  Test again after the servers come back online with 7.4b tomorrow.

But to get dark spores now, i have to kill enemies without a companion anywhere or do you have a higher chance on getting dark spores on certain planets? And with Fen and PH4 out as active you get higher chance on Syndicate worlds? 

Edited by iamnotacrook

Managed to get 2 notes of reflection from single run of hutta roof heroic with amity. Before patch (and after 7.4) I didn't get a single drop on hutta for half a year. So definitely something changed, let's hope drop rates returned to normal on all planets.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, OverDrone said:

Managed to get 2 notes of reflection from single run of hutta roof heroic with amity. Before patch (and after 7.4) I didn't get a single drop on hutta for half a year. So definitely something changed, let's hope drop rates returned to normal on all planets.

Good to hear. I'm hoping Dark Spore drop rates are good too. I want that Top Secret title for my Sniper on Shae Vizla. :jawa_biggrin: 

1 hour on Tatooine with PH4-LNX gives me 10 G.A.M.E. Analysis modules, i did this on 2 characters in different areas (heroic areas). 

1 hour on Coruscant (Heroic areas and Black sun area) only gave me 1 and 1 hour on Nar Shaddaa gave 2. Though i've only tested with 1 character on both planets.

Edit: Just went to Nar Shaddaa and tested 1 hour again, i got 8. (Heroic areas and Red light sector)

Edited by iamnotacrook

On 12/21/2023 at 7:30 PM, Whykara said:

Interesting, thanks. But who goes around without a companion? Seems counterintuitive.

The drops of a GS are related to having the companion, either they only drop when you have the companion of that season active (for past seasons), or their drop chance increase if you have the companion of the season active ("current" season, whatever that current season in).

In this season, however, there is no companion, so the genius idea has been... Blocking their future progress, because if next season there is also no companion they will have to either remove Seeds of Darkness, or have them drop as well for no reason, or come up with yet another system.

1 hour ago, Eneriango said:

Can anyone verify that Dark Spores still drop?

i'm betting  @BryantWood can....  Please?

18 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

In this season, however, there is no companion, so the genius idea has been... Blocking their future progress,

wait  wut?

Maybe im on the wrong planet or was just unlucky, but 1 hour killing spree without a companion on Dromund Kaas outside Dark tempel, gave me 4 Dark spores.

I wish they could drop anywhere everywhere with non gs companion.

Edited by iamnotacrook
  • Like 1

I do wonder if its possible to get dark spores anymore as there was no companion for this season.

I dont have season 2 companion, so my season 2 reputation has been stuck ever since and I cannot get more reputation anymore, I am curious if it will be like that for this reputation too.

15 hours ago, iamnotacrook said:

Maybe im on the wrong planet or was just unlucky, but 1 hour killing spree without a companion on Dromund Kaas outside Dark tempel, gave me 4 Dark spores.

I wish they could drop anywhere everywhere with non gs companion.

The drop rate was always pretty terrible for Dark Spores. I averaged around 5 per hour without buffs, not really worth the effort. However, the drop rate is pretty good with Jawa Intel / Brazz's Gift. I did a test in the Dark Temple approach area just now. I was in the big flat area outside the temple and got 42 in an hour with a Brrazz's Gift I had leftover from the season rewards. Also, Brrazz on the fleet (behind some crates in the Cartel Bazaar) sells Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army for 500 purple jawa scrap. Both buffs give the same drop rate for one hour.

Jawa Intel having the name "Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army" indicates there will be other ones they can add for future season reputations. There will just be a choice in the dialogue menu for each buff. Players will decide which currency to farm by the buff they choose. The downside to this is that 500 purple jawa scrap can take some time to farm, but at least it gives Slicing more of a use.

Also, they can make new versions of "Brrazz's Gift: The Master's Tope Secret Army" for each season as rewards for gaining season levels just like season 5. Guess we'll see if that's their new approach when season 6 comes out.

Edited by ThanderSnB

8 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

The drop rate was always pretty terrible for Dark Spores. I averaged around 5 per hour without buffs, not really worth the effort. However, the drop rate is pretty good with Jawa Intel / Brazz's Gift. I did a test in the Dark Temple approach area just now. I was in the big flat area outside the temple and got 42 in an hour with a Brrazz's Gift I had leftover from the season rewards. Also, Brrazz on the fleet (behind some crates in the Cartel Bazaar) sells Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army for 500 purple jawa scrap. Both buffs give the same drop rate for one hour.

Jawa Intel having the name "Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army" indicates there will be other ones they can add for future season reputations. There will just be a choice in the dialogue menu for each buff. Players will decide which currency to farm by the buff they choose. The downside to this is that 500 purple jawa scrap can take some time to farm, but at least it gives Slicing more of a use.

Also, they can make new versions of "Brrazz's Gift: The Master's Tope Secret Army" for each season as rewards for gaining season levels just like season 5. Guess we'll see if that's their new approach when season 6 comes out.

I bought a Jawa intel and went back to the same area on Dromund Kaas, i did get 71 dark spores.

It's such a good area for this kind of farm without a companion, big open area with easy kills and good respawn time.

Edited by iamnotacrook
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:11 PM, Nee-Elder said:

wait  wut?

If next season is also without a companion (which they have hinted to)... What currency will we get when we fight without a companion? And if it's the new one, what if I want/need Dark Seeds for the reputation? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quendorite said:

If next season is also without a companion (which they have hinted to)... What currency will we get when we fight without a companion? And if it's the new one, what if I want/need Dark Seeds for the reputation? 

Hopefully, Broadsword will give info about this. I think they will go with one of these options:

• Without a companion, both Dark Spores and the Season 6 currency have a chance to drop. - Each would have their own separate drop rate (some kills would give no currency, some would give both, some would only give one or the other).
  • Season 6 currency drops without a companion as Dark Spores do now, but to get Dark Spores you have to use Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army (sold by the jawa Brrazz on the fleet). - With this option, Dark Spores wouldn't drop unless you have the buff from the jawa and then fight without a companion.

Next season won't have a companion? Meh it better have a stronghold then. They said the big S6 reward will be in a location we "haven't been too in a while with nice view"... Zakuul? Hoth? Can't think of any other potential planet that would fit the description

Edited by Pietrastor

This is a bit of an offtopic but I noticed that new characters can grab Galactic Season 5 missions from collection tab and completing those missions reward you dark spores. I am wondering if creating multiple alts then getting dark spores from those missions is more efficient then farming dark spores manually from mobs?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eneriango said:

This is a bit of an offtopic but I noticed that new characters can grab Galactic Season 5 missions from collection tab and completing those missions reward you dark spores. I am wondering if creating multiple alts then getting dark spores from those missions is more efficient then farming dark spores manually from mobs?

You could do that with any existing alts (if you've paid the cartel coins for collection unlock). I don't think creating new characters would be very efficient when you can just kill mobs and get a Dark Spore every 5-15 minutes or so. You can avoid combat in the first and third missions, but the second mission requires level 24-28 because you have to kill a tough champion mob on Tatooine. If you have to level to 28 it's going to be a lot slower than farming mobs. If you only do the first mission, you still have to travel to fleet, get the mission, travel to Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, finish the mission, and return to the fleet. All that for just 1 Dark Spore. It's your time though. If you find that more palatable, go right ahead. :jawa_biggrin:

On 2/2/2024 at 5:18 PM, ThanderSnB said:

You could do that with any existing alts (if you've paid the cartel coins for collection unlock). I don't think creating new characters would be very efficient when you can just kill mobs and get a Dark Spore every 5-15 minutes or so. You can avoid combat in the first and third missions, but the second mission requires level 24-28 because you have to kill a tough champion mob on Tatooine. If you have to level to 28 it's going to be a lot slower than farming mobs. If you only do the first mission, you still have to travel to fleet, get the mission, travel to Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, finish the mission, and return to the fleet. All that for just 1 Dark Spore. It's your time though. If you find that more palatable, go right ahead. :jawa_biggrin:

Oh no I don't mind just grinding regular mobs to get Dark Spores. It's just that from reading it appears that Dark Spores drop once every 1 - 2 hour and it seems very slow (unless they fixed it in a patch, I haven't tried farming Dark Spore myself). So just to be clear that Dark Spores absolutely drop but that you cannot equip a companion to get them? (since Dark Spores do not have any companion tied to it).

4 hours ago, Eneriango said:

Oh no I don't mind just grinding regular mobs to get Dark Spores. It's just that from reading it appears that Dark Spores drop once every 1 - 2 hour and it seems very slow (unless they fixed it in a patch, I haven't tried farming Dark Spore myself). So just to be clear that Dark Spores absolutely drop but that you cannot equip a companion to get them? (since Dark Spores do not have any companion tied to it).

Yeah, Dark Spores requires no companion. They dropped for me about 5-8 per hour on average farming Dark Temple Approach on Dromund Kaas. You can buy Jawa Intel from Brrazz on the fleet (cartel bazaar) for 500 purple jawa scrap to get 30-50 per hour on average. I used a Sniper because they have good AoE and Vital Regulators in the ability tree for passive healing (never need to stop and rest). Some combat styles will be slower and won't be able to farm Dark Spores as fast.

I am still not getting Notes or Dark Spores despite doing operations, flashpoints, and heroics, as well as story missions. In fact the game zeroed out my inventory of these items. I had 100+ of each in inventory and the game reset it to 0/200,   So now I have 0/200 across the board of these reputation tokens. I saw where they intended to fix it. If they did, they need to fix the fix, because before at least the game did not zero out my inventories. Its worse now. Not happy about it either.

Edited by MotorCityMan

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or have the drop rate been reduced again?

It so slow again for G.A.M.E. Analysis modules, it was in a good rate but now for a while its been slow. 2 updates ago i think it started? Im not sure. Got used to get 10-30 modules within a hour or two, now yet again it is 1-3 in a hour if im lucky. Yes with PH4 out as a active companion and in daily and heroic areas. Courusant, Nar shaddaa and Tatooine was good areas, now its not. 

• 1 month later...

As of 5/2024, I have been testing this with Fen Zeil for Underworld Syndicate Plans.  I have killed 1000's of mobs and 100's of heroic quests with Fen Zeil out at various influence.  NOT a single one has dropped.  This is not fixed, at least not for underworld syndicate.

• Like 1