Reputation currency still not dropping

racknut

Is anyone else still experiencing extremely low drop rates for Galactic Seasons reputation currency? I've played for probably 5 hours with PH4-LNX now and only received 1 GAME Analysis Module. That really doesn't seem better.

• Thanks 1

Yea it's been a week for me and I haven't seen anything either, yet sadly the last Season has no Companion to increase your drop chances.

I also however wonder, if any of the old currency even drops once that season is over.  This seems like a really bad idea, because then you'll always have a bunch of partially completed reputations.  I mean it won't help you earn any Seasonal Rewards, yet you should be able to achieve the Reputation Titles at least.  

*sigh*

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

I've been getting Dark Spores from Dark Temple Approach area on Dromund Kaas using Brrazz's Gift leftover from Season 5 rewards. If you don't have any of those, you can buy Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army from Brrazz on the fleet for 500 purple jawa scrap. Somewhat steep price, but it does do what it says. It's around 5 Dark Spores per hour without the buff vs. 50 Dark Spores per hour with the Jawa Intel / Brrazz's Gift buff.

Sorry, I don't know about PH4-LNX, Amity, or Fen Zeil currencies. I would try a low-level planet in an area with lots of normal mobs like Dark Temple Approach I mentioned or Black Sun area of Coruscant. You can also try starter planets like Tython, Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell. Just remember Fen Zeil's requires underworld criminal mobs like Exchange, Black Sun, or Hutt Cartel. For the other two, I think any mob outside a phase or instance should work. That means private class story areas probably won't drop them. Same with flashpoints and operations. When I was farming during each of those companion's seasons, I was getting around 3% drop rate for the currency, but it could be lower these days.

Hope the RNG gods are with you all. :jawa_biggrin:

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I've been getting Dark Spores from Dark Temple Approach area on Dromund Kaas using Brrazz's Gift leftover from Season 5 rewards. If you don't have any of those, you can buy Jawa Intel: The Master's Top Secret Army from Brrazz on the fleet for 500 purple jawa scrap. Somewhat steep price, but it does do what it says. It's around 5 Dark Spores per hour without the buff vs. 50 Dark Spores per hour with the Jawa Intel / Brrazz's Gift buff.

Strange, you claim without the Brrazz's Gift buff (leftover Season 5 Reward) and I have at least 2 Character's who have 2 each of those.  Still it's always nice to buy more if the Dark Temple Approach seems to work for Dark Spores.

I admit not having not tried that area of Dromund Kaas (Dark Temple Approach) as I've always been busy catching toons up on Story content.  Yet still having done several planets on both Republic & Imperial Characters since the 8 days our Season ended; I hadn't received a single Dark Spore.  Yet you claim to be getting 4-5 Dark Spores per hour without the buff, and possibly 50 with the Brrazz's Gift Buff yet only at the Dark Temple Approach...  

Off to the Dark Temple Approach on Dromund Kaas, to see if I can duplicate your even a few spores per hour without it's buff. 

Edited by Strathkin

52 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

Strange, you claim without the Brrazz's Gift buff (leftover Season 5 Reward) and I have at least 2 Character's who have 2 each of those.  I admit having not tried the Dark Temple Approach, yet done several planets since the 8 days our Season ended; I hadn't received a single Dark Spore.  Yet you claim to be getting 4-5 Dark Spores per hour without the buff, and possibly 50 with the Brrazz's Gift Buff yet only at the Dark Temple Approach...  

Off to the Dark Temple Approach on Dromund Kaas, to see if I can duplicate your even a few spores per hour without it's buff. 

I haven't noticed stronger mobs having better drop rates. It really does seem just the number of mobs killed that matters. With such low drop rates, killing speed really matters. That's really down to combat style and gear rating. The two fastest combat styles for AoEing weak mobs are Lightning Sorcerer / Telekinetics Sage and any Sniper / Gunslinger discipline. For gear the higher item rating, the more Mastery you have which adds to your damage, even with the level-scaling penalty. Just for reference, I was killing about 960 mobs per hour with a Sniper in 340 blue gear (except 326 implants and no augments). If you're only at, say, 300 mobs per hour, it's going to be noticeably slower.

• Thanks 1

Most my Character's are well above 335+, yet as I said I wasn't focused, or trying specifically near the Dark Temple Approach either. 

I was mostly spending this last week trying to catch several character's up on the Story Missions to get them to Kessan's Landing.  Yet I surely had cleaned up close to 25,000 or enemy because I've been gain several 100, 1000, and 2500 defeated with Companion Achievements; simply as I hadn't focused on those before.

Edited by Strathkin

18 hours ago, Lord_Janosch said:

Beware that for dark spores to drop you need to dismiss your companion.

No one ever mentioned that before, still perhaps something to try this weekend.  I know in other Seasons they give you Companions, so they improve DROP currency for you when summoned.  This season they didn't offer a Companion with a currency Buff for the Improved Drop Chance Buff, still they would previously drop without the buff & companion it was just horrible before.  Still it's not any better after 7.4b, and if true you need to dismiss Companion Broadsword should clarify that in Patch Notes... 

Given what @ThanderSnB said he was defeating 1000 mobs an hour, or about 5,000 Enemy per hour, and he never stated without Companion either...  without the Buff on Dromund Kass (Dark Temple Approach) he was getting often 5 Dark Spores an Hour, or as many as 50 with Brrazz's Gift.  While that # seems high, yet being a near Starter Planet as it would likely double perhaps triple the speed to defeat enemy; and I admit I haven't tried that, yet given the enemy I've defeated after the 7.4b (patch) clearly expected a few by now, not 0 like I've gotten.  

On 1/29/2024 at 6:17 AM, racknut said:

Is anyone else still experiencing extremely low drop rates for Galactic Seasons reputation currency? I've played for probably 5 hours with PH4-LNX now and only received 1 GAME Analysis Module. That really doesn't seem better.

I played for probably close to +15 hours, yet in the week or more since it ended, hadn't earned a Single Dark Spore either.  Your Companion or the Brrazz's Gift is supposed to improve your Drop chance by a factor 7.5x possibly even 10x or more given they are so infrequent.  You earned at least 1 GAME Analysis Module in 5 hours with the buff, yet in more than 15 to 20 hours having defeated well more than 25,000 Enemy and not 1 Dark Spore without the Gift.  I haven't used them only because I'd though to have earned at least 2, 3, if not closer to 5 or even 10; given the # of enemy I'd defeated over an entire week.  

Still I haven't yet tried the advice to focus on Starter Planet, or Capital Planet like Coruscant or Dromund Kaas.  While that certainly would improve the speed for sure, still given the # I've defeated and not even 1.  

So Jury is still out, what if anything did they really do?

Edited by Strathkin

23 hours ago, Strathkin said:

No one ever mentioned that before, still perhaps something to try this weekend.  I know in other Seasons they give you Companions, so they improve DROP currency for you when summoned.  This season they didn't offer a Companion with a currency Buff for the Improved Drop Chance Buff, still they would previously drop without the buff & companion it was just horrible before.  Still it's not any better after 7.4b, and if true you need to dismiss Companion Broadsword should clarify that in Patch Notes... 

Given what @ThanderSnB said he was defeating 1000 mobs an hour, or about 5,000 Enemy per hour, and he never stated without Companion either...  without the Buff on Dromund Kass (Dark Temple Approach) he was getting often 5 Dark Spores an Hour, or as many as 50 with Brrazz's Gift.  While that # seems high, yet being a near Starter Planet as it would likely double perhaps triple the speed to defeat enemy; and I admit I haven't tried that, yet given the enemy I've defeated after the 7.4b (patch) clearly expected a few by now, not 0 like I've gotten.

Oh, that would definitely make a difference. For Dark Spores it has to be without a companion. The drop rate is 0% (no drops at all) if you have any companion summoned. They need add that to the Dark Spores tooltip. That text was part of the Gathering the Seeds season objective to collect 40 Dark Spores, but for some reason they didn't add it the Dark Spore currency tooltip. You can see the text for these below:

Dark Spore
A very small, seemingly worthless, non-descript stone. Doesn't seem to be very dark at all and is most definitely not a "spore."

Turn these in to the Depository of Dark Wisdom next to 3V-1L on the Fleet to earn Reputation with The Master's Top Secret Army.

Only drops for those who are below Legend rank with The Master's Top Secret Army.

No mention of "without a companion."

Gathering the Seeds
Obtain Dark Spores by completing Daily Objectives, Season Objectives,
Season Reward Track, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Operations, or by defeating enemies
across the Galaxy.
- Daily Objectives grant 2 Dark Spores
- Season Objectives grant 10-15 Dark Spores
- Some Reward Track levels grant 10 Dark Spores
- Flashpoints grant 2-4 Dark Spores
- Uprisings grant 3-5 Dark Spores
- 8 Player Operations grant 12-18 Dark Spores
- 16 Player Operations grant 14-24 Dark Spores
- Lair Bosses (including Event Lair Bosses) grant 2-6 Dark Spores
Combat outside of the above content without a companion is prone to
produce higher yields of Dark Spores. Speaking with an 'Informative Jawa' on the
Fleet may offer aid in locating Dark Spores.

Without a companion is mentioned here (at the bottom, I made it bold). They need to update the tooltip for Dark Spores with that information.

Anyways, I was killing about 960-980 an hour, not 5,000. For the drop rates, my final numbers were:

• 10 Dark Spores per hour average (0.99% drop rate) without a companion and without the buff. Low: 7 in one hour, High: 14 in one hour
  • 46 Dark Spores per hour average (4.76% drop rate) without a companion and with Jawa Intel / Brrazz's Gift. Low: 30 in one hour, High: 59 in one hour
Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 2:05 PM, ThanderSnB said:

No mention of "without a companion."

Without a companion is mentioned here (at the bottom, I made it bold). They need to update the tooltip for Dark Spores with that information.

Anyways, I was killing about 960-980 an hour, not 5,000. For the drop rates, my final numbers were:

• 10 Dark Spores per hour average (0.99% drop rate) without a companion and without the buff. Low: 7 in one hour, High: 14 in one hour
  • 46 Dark Spores per hour average (4.76% drop rate) without a companion and with Jawa Intel / Brrazz's Gift. Low: 30 in one hour, High: 59 in one hour

Alright, thank you kindly for the Clarification, I'd never heard that before when  @Lord_Janosch said it, and thank you as well for clarifying!    

Your very correct, Broadsword really should ADD that to the Dark Spores tooltip!  Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to see some Dark Spores Drop without my Companion summoned, and then also use the Brrazz's Gift to increase it.  

Currently as I said, I'm just trying to finish a few more Shared Companion Achievements, so hope to then start very soon earning Dark Spores!

• Sadly you have to do it without your Companion Summoned.  :( 
Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:46 PM, ThanderSnB said:

Sorry, I don't know about PH4-LNX, Amity, or Fen Zeil currencies. I would try a low-level planet in an area with lots of normal mobs like Dark Temple Approach I mentioned or Black Sun area of Coruscant. You can also try starter planets like Tython, Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell. Just remember Fen Zeil's requires underworld criminal mobs like Exchange, Black Sun, or Hutt Cartel. For the other two, I think any mob outside a phase or instance should work. That means private class story areas probably won't drop them. Same with flashpoints and operations. When I was farming during each of those companion's seasons, I was getting around 3% drop rate for the currency, but it could be lower these days.

the last month or so of GS i didn't have 1 dark spore drop. after the GS ended 2-4 dropped for me.

Dark Spores and Notes of Reflection are not dropping at all for me. Even though I have been active in game doing heroics, Operations, and flashpoints this week, nothing has dropped. Not only that, the Dark Spores and Notes of Reflection I had in inventory are gone. I had several (100+) of each in my inventory and now I am 0/200 in inventory for both currencies. These types of major bugs need to be addressed soon.

On 2/8/2024 at 11:13 PM, MotorCityMan said:

Dark Spores and Notes of Reflection are not dropping at all for me. Even though I have been active in game doing heroics, Operations, and flashpoints this week, nothing has dropped. Not only that, the Dark Spores and Notes of Reflection I had in inventory are gone. I had several (100+) of each in my inventory and now I am 0/200 in inventory for both currencies. These types of major bugs need to be addressed soon.

I don't think the rep items drop in Operations and Flashpoints now that the Season is over (while the Season is active they are a last boss reward only). Dark Spores will only drop in the open world if you are not using a companion. Notes of Reflection will only drop if you are using Amity as your companion. Drops rates are low unless you are using the Brrazz's Gift. As others have mentioned, I have also found killing enemies in the Dark Approach area of Dromund Kaas can net you around 40 per hour using Brrazz's Gift with the right companions (or no companion in the case of Dark Spores). You should see some drop doing Heroics if you are using the right companion (or no companion to get Dark Spores).

I have not had any issue with the items disappearing from my currency tab. Maybe restart the game in case you are getting a visual bug and check that you are on the right server if you play on multiple servers as currencies are server specific.

• 3 weeks later...

Reputation tokens that I had earned disappeared from my inventory as GS5 came to an end. The drop rate was bugged to be too low plus there was no way anyone could have known that the special condition of playing without a companion was necessary to force drops.

Devs really need to restart reputation drops as recompense for having improperly managed the event in the first place.

I feel like only select enemies drop the currency. I only see them drop form starter worlds like Tython and Hutta. And the drop chance feels like < 1%

I see a dark spore drop like once every other week.

Edited by Traceguy