Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Issues after New Update

GeneralLumbert

Is anybody else having the issue with not even being able to launch the game after the Update? It opens to the loading screen after launching, but ends up freezing and not responding every time. Even after I verified integrity through Steam.image.thumb.png.a28f6cbaf9974cd27dcaf8d2b9fc4691.png

Edited by GeneralLumbert

" If that still doesn't  work, send a detailed email to: support@swtor.com "

so if the game i pay to play will not work after 2 days of the update..i am to send a detailed email to support ? what to tell them i click on the damn game and it freezes ?  to a support i have written to many times on other updates and never heard back from ?..the only damn thing support ever said to me was ..oh you need to call us in florida to fix that..how the hell is calling anyone gonna make the game work ? ,i used to think it was my system but after 3 pc's and the same damn problem i now know its not .. scary part is i can't even cancel my sub..there is no place to do it..ive about had it with this BS i really like the game but after every update the game is unplayable what is the damn point.

It's still happening, even after the patch. It maxes out my CPU before completely freezing and stopping responding completely. I'm honestly extremely sad to see this. I've been playing The Old Republic since 2015, been subbed since late 2020, and have over 6,000 hours in the game according to Steam. It's the one game I play the most and have put the most money into, yet after a single update, I can't even launch it anymore. And it was JUST FINE before the update mind you. Granted, I admit that I'm not running the most powerful rig in the world, but from what I hear, even people running mid and top tier Gaming Rigs are having similar issues.
image.thumb.png.b3c2a5e388e0558a4e6387c24248c8a2.png

Edited by GeneralLumbert
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phangoria said:

I have the same issue, I was on steam, then uninstalled, installed the game from website, still same issue.. is that it? Like.. my 3 week old computer can't run this?

Follow the 'Dev Tracker'  , so you can always see potentially helpful ( official )posts like this: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932345-game-update-74-chains-in-the-dark-updates/?do=findComment&comment=9789086

Otherwise,  u guys in this thread might have to wait for  @OwenBrooks  to come along and offer his advice ( from EA ) .

Good to see that we have our own thread 🤪

Same here, computer was running the game just fine in very high settings, then 7.4 came and I am on board the freeze on initial loading screen ship. @JackieKo recommended emailing support and I did that.

The support fellow's recommendations included windows update, GPU drivers update, to run the game as admin and to run the game in compatibility mode for windows 8. Nothing worked and then he said I should uninstall and reinstall the game, which did not work either. Then he asked for my MSINFO file and his final verdict was that my computer is not good enough to run the game, a conclusion that I cannot accept as I was playing the game in very high settings and with high fps before 7.4.

Now I just make forum posts hoping that someone will pay attention and find us a solution.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Melaras said:

Good to see that we have our own thread 🤪

Same here, computer was running the game just fine in very high settings, then 7.4 came and I am on board the freeze on initial loading screen ship. @JackieKo recommended emailing support and I did that.

The support fellow's recommendations included windows update, GPU drivers update, to run the game as admin and to run the game in compatibility mode for windows 8. Nothing worked and then he said I should uninstall and reinstall the game, which did not work either. Then he asked for my MSINFO file and his final verdict was that my computer is not good enough to run the game, a conclusion that I cannot accept as I was playing the game in very high settings and with high fps before 7.4.

Now I just make forum posts hoping that someone will pay attention and find us a solution.

I've ran the game on Windows 10 since about 2017/2018, (on the exact same computer mind you), and Windows Vista for a few years prior and never had issues like this. I know flippin' well it isn't a case of the computers not being able to run things anymore. Because with the same Windows 10 Computer I managed to run everything all the way up through the latest Update before 7.4.

Up until yesterday, my account had been working just fine.

Last night, I logged in to four Legacies (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus, The Leviathan, and Tulak Hord) and everything went smoothly. although more slowly than usual. But when I tried to log in to Star Forge, it froze up, giving me the dreaded "Not Responding" message.

And now, every time I try to launch the game, it attempts to go into Star Forge, because that was the last server I tried, and freezes up again. I can't even get to the server selection menu so that I could access the servers that I was able to reach last night.

This computer is being used for three Star Wars : The Old Republic accounts. My account is the only one that encounters this freezing problem on log in. The other two accounts are able to log in just fine.

I downloaded the new patch today, but nothing changed. I am becoming increasingly pessimistic.

4 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

My account is the only one that encounters this freezing problem on log in. The other two accounts are able to log in just fine.

if you go to 

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

and delete the file called "YourAccount name"_AccountDev.ini and then login does that get you to select a server again ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

Up until yesterday, my account had been working just fine.

Last night, I logged in to four Legacies (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus, The Leviathan, and Tulak Hord) and everything went smoothly. although more slowly than usual. But when I tried to log in to Star Forge, it froze up, giving me the dreaded "Not Responding" message.

And now, every time I try to launch the game, it attempts to go into Star Forge, because that was the last server I tried, and freezes up again. I can't even get to the server selection menu so that I could access the servers that I was able to reach last night.

This computer is being used for three Star Wars : The Old Republic accounts. My account is the only one that encounters this freezing problem on log in. The other two accounts are able to log in just fine.

I downloaded the new patch today, but nothing changed. I am becoming increasingly pessimistic.

That's where my game usually automatically logs me into as well, (Star Forge), and it keeps freezing and not responding before even getting to the server selection. I wonder if it might be something specifically with that server?

1 hour ago, GeneralLumbert said:

That's where my game usually automatically logs me into as well, (Star Forge), and it keeps freezing and not responding before even getting to the server selection. I wonder if it might be something specifically with that server?

Nah, I am experiencing the same issue and all my characters are on Darth Malgus.

if you go to 

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

and delete the file called "YourAccount name"_AccountDev.ini and then login does that get you to select a server again ?

That didn't work for me, either.

I saw two files :

ShadowyKai_Account
ShadowyKai_AccountDev

Your instructions only said to delete the one marked "AccountDev," so I did, and left the other file intact. Would it matter if I deleted the other one, too?

Before I did anything, I made a backup copy of the entire folder on my hard drive, just in case something went wrong.

1 hour ago, ShadowyKai said:

Before I did anything, I made a backup copy of the entire folder on my hard drive, just in case something went wrong.

The best thing to do indeed.

I also tried to delete the whole folder before reinstalling the game, but it kept buggy before the patch, so I guess you'll have to wait another patch 😕

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.