Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

@JackieKo 7.4a doesnt seems fix my  freezing issues on the first screen loading to character selection or server menu list thing , i can't do anything and i was do repair as well , nothing fixed it , i am pretty much needed the issues to be fixed , the crash of memory usage is been fixed but i can't still playing the game , after 7.4 doesn't seems like me to be playable the swtor , i guess if it my last time play swtor because 7.3 was fine until 7.4 & 7.4a doesnt fix it , i hope this can be priority to be fix because maybe not only me has this issues but the others guy who might think to stop play as well , i am wasted all my time playing SWTOR now the game has issues... , how i am not sad with this been happening in this patch than 7.3 , and i should leave my guildies member do their thing alone without me , hopefully it will be listened cuz i need a fix ASAP for it , thank you .

• Like 1

• Dev Post
5 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

@JackieKo 7.4a doesnt seems fix my  freezing issues on the first screen loading to character selection or server menu list thing , i can't do anything and i was do repair as well , nothing fixed it , i am pretty much needed the issues to be fixed , the crash of memory usage is been fixed but i can't still playing the game , after 7.4 doesn't seems like me to be playable the swtor , i guess if it my last time play swtor because 7.3 was fine until 7.4 & 7.4a doesnt fix it , i hope this can be priority to be fix because maybe not only me has this issues but the others guy who might think to stop play as well , i am wasted all my time playing SWTOR now the game has issues... , how i am not sad with this been happening in this patch than 7.3 , and i should leave my guildies member do their thing alone without me , hopefully it will be listened cuz i need a fix ASAP for it , thank you .

@HanniShindeiruHi there, I sent you a PM yesterday with instructions to send your launcher logs to the support team so they can take a look at what's happening. Please follow those instructions, so the team can see if they are able to troubleshoot what the issue is. Thanks! 

• Haha 1

Yesterday the game crashed to the desktop only once, but so far everything is fine. I'm glad I bought a new computer this year and can play on ultra settings. Already finished fixing? There will be no more corrections? Can I finally start the previous Old Wounds story? Very good. Meanwhile, others will discover bugs in this new patch just for me. Good plan. As always. I never play new story update not sooner than few months later.

Thanks for the update. I hope that thanks to this new studio, another one will be created faster than in previous years.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

20 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

@HanniShindeiruHi there, I sent you a PM yesterday with instructions to send your launcher logs to the support team so they can take a look at what's happening. Please follow those instructions, so the team can see if they are able to troubleshoot what the issue is. Thanks! 

@JackieKo sended my launcher logs to EA help website

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

then look is really good on the clip from it then you understand it why it is a problem.

the link from it is a few post's back.

I watched it, I'm not saying it isn't possible...I just don't understand why its an issue that needs a fix, let alone really fast.  

In prior GTNs, you couldn't purchase items from the same toon, but you could purchase them from other toons on the same account.  So the only difference I see in this iteration is that you could potentially make the mistake on the same toon.  

I don't like that they removed the seller name, as i liked that because I could easily see if something sold on another toon, or if someone undercut me, how much time was remaining, etc. without having to swap toons.   I do wish they'd bring that back which could also help with your issue.  I guess where I differ is I see that as "would be nice if you could add that back" as opposed to "an issue that needs to be fixed really fast"

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

@HanniShindeiru, @VinnieTate, @ShadowyKai and to all the rest who happened to write here due to the fact that after the release of 7.4 they face the initial loading screen freeze as I do, it's game over for us unfortunately. As per @JackieKo's instructions I've contacted support and a fellow named Alexandre told me that:

We would advise to make sure your windows 11 is up to date. Check even for optional updates.
-Please make sure you have the lastest Graphic crad driver - Locate the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic locate the "launcher file " right click on it then select "properties " / compatibility
Tick run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8
Also Tick "Run this program as an administrator " and click on "apply"

Most of the above I have already figured out via forum posts, reddit and so on and I told him that the problem persists. Then, although I have mentioned in my original email that I have already done so twice, he told me to uninstall and reinstall the game. When I said that this won't do anything either he asked me to send him the MSINFO file which I did.

In the meanwhile the "fixing" patch went live so I did download that and tried to login hoping against hope but that did not solve the issue either. Then, I received the verdict of Alexandre the not so Great which was that my computer is not good enough to play SWTOR. When mentioned that this cannot be the case as up until 7.4 I was playing with high fps and in very high settings he simply repeated that I need a better laptop.

I suppose at this point all I can I do is unsub and claim a refund for the CC I bought one day before the release of 7.4 and for the rest of my sub but I do not keep my hopes high on that score.

It's a shame really, I had nothing against Broadsword, I mean how can one have something against someone who is unknown anyway, but it appears that they are very bad at what they do and deflecting liars on top of it. Their main talent appears to be their superior skill in alienating loyal subscribers and fans of the game they ended up managing out of the blue.

At the end of the day, according to what I read on the posts of others who do manage to login still, they have broken everything so maybe we are the lucky ones after all.

Edited by Melaras
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ok, i see people are having problems with this patch, but personally i experienced no difference, and i'm saying this as someone who is playing on an all-in-one PC that is barely clinging to life and i play on the lowest settings possible because it can't handle the medium and higher settings. yet it's working the same as it was in 7.3.

For context i play the steam version.

49 minutes ago, curulz said:

I watched it, I'm not saying it isn't possible...I just don't understand why its an issue that needs a fix, let alone really fast.

you really think that it not need to have a fix at all?

this problem with the GTN is a problem that has been report all since 28 oktober when the 7.4 update was on the PTS server and people not like it at all so it needs to fix since it can curse a lot of problems now when its live.

the reason it needs to be fix fast is that its almost christmes and that means also there are going to take a break from it that means there not going to work on it.

and i think most of the playerbase wane play this game on christmess with less problems there are.

3 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

you really think that it not need to have a fix at all?

The specific problem you listed about nothing preventing you from buying your own listing on the same toon?  No, I don't think that is an issue in need of fixing.  The solution is simple...pay attention to what you're buying and selling. 

20 minutes ago, Melaras said:

@HanniShindeiru, @VinnieTate, @ShadowyKai and to all the rest who happened to write here due to the fact that after the release of 7.4 they face the initial loading screen freeze as I do, it's game over for us unfortunately. As per @JackieKo's instructions I've contacted support and a fellow named Alexandre told me that:

We would advise to make sure your windows 11 is up to date. Check even for optional updates.
-Please make sure you have the lastest Graphic crad driver - Locate the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic locate the "launcher file " right click on it then select "properties " / compatibility
Tick run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8
Also Tick "Run this program as an administrator " and click on "apply"

Most of the above I have already figured out via forum posts, reddit and so on and I told him that the problem persists. Then, although I have mentioned in my original email that I have already done so twice, he told me to uninstall and reinstall the game. When I said that this won't do anything either he asked me to send him the MSINFO file which I did.

In the meanwhile the "fixing" patch went live so I did download that and tried to login hoping against hope but that did not solve the issue either. Then, I received the verdict of Alexandre the not so Great which was that my computer is not good enough to play SWTOR. When mentioned that this cannot be the case as up until 7.4 I was playing with high fps and in very high settings he simply repeated that I need a better laptop.

I suppose at this point all I can I do is unsub and claim a refund for the CC I bought one day before the release of 7.4 and for the rest of my sub but I do not keep my hopes high on that score.

It's a shame really, I had nothing against Broadsword, I mean how can one have something against someone who is unknown anyway, but it appears that they are very bad at what they do and deflecting liars on top of it. Their main talent appears to be their superior skill in alienating loyal subscribers and fans of the game they ended up managing out of the blue.

At the end of the day, according to what I read on the posts of others who do manage to login still, they have broken everything so maybe we are the lucky ones after all.

i feel it 😕 7.3 was fine but 7.4 changed alot in graphical i guess

glad to know its not just me and one or two others..well this PC is new in February..i will not be running out to buy a new PC every time you add wrinkles to the toons faces ..every single time they update the game i have problems i tried everything to play... deleted the game reinstalled ,de-bugged ,repaired NOTHING WORKS..i deleted the game again for the 6th time last night and waited to see if the "fix" would fix it..it did not..when i dlete it again today it will be for the last time..you just lost another paying sub

• Sad 1

Freezed on login.. reinstalled, not working.. I get to the picture of " chains in the dark " bald girl holding the cube, then not responding..

New PC 4 weeks ago

I play from steam.. nothing I can do with launcher, tried all the compabillity stuff, admin... Just stop responding at the picture..

Edited by Phangoria
  • Sad 2

Just now, Trebor-droffig said:

glad to know its not just me and one or two others..well this PC is new in February..i will not be running out to buy a new PC every time you add wrinkles to the toons faces ..every single time they update the game i have problems i tried everything to play... deleted the game reinstalled ,de-bugged ,repaired NOTHING WORKS..i deleted the game again for the 6th time last night and waited to see if the "fix" would fix it..it did not..when i dlete it again today it will be for the last time..you just lost another paying sub

yeah , its remind me of warframe , before low end pc able to play it until they too many update to graphic update and remove the old settings that arealdy good for people , which very sad to see your only game become unplayable.

1 minute ago, curulz said:

The specific problem you listed about nothing preventing you from buying your own listing on the same toon?  No, I don't think that is an issue in need of fixing.  The solution is simple...pay attention to what you're buying and selling. 

how to pay attention what i am buying or selling when there have remove the sellers name from the item on the GTN.

and most of all the items are also stackt in to one that means it also make's it harder to look from who i am buying.

9 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

i feel it 😕 7.3 was fine but 7.4 changed alot in graphical i guess

One cannot go from playing with very high settings to being below the game's minimum requirements in 1 day. My laptop is new too and it's not that this game is a rather modern one. It's a lame excuse, they did break the game and as they do not want to admit it because they are unable to fix it, they put the blame on us.

Edited by Melaras
  • Like 1

i feel like i have been robbed..been playing for 10 yrs almost all of it as a sub ..then the developers decide "heh lets add wrinkles to their faces" and bam no more  game for me or anyone who doesn't buy a PC every other day..it a shame as this is the ONLY online game i play and now i have nothing but 24 days of sub burning away that i can't play anymore

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

i feel like i have been robbed..been playing for 10 yrs almost all of it as a sub ..then the developers decide "heh lets add wrinkles to their faces" and bam no more  game for me or anyone who doesn't buy a PC every other day..it a shame as this is the ONLY online game i play and now i have nothing but 24 days of sub burning away that i can't play anymore

i feel it , i have my subs run too , 7.4a patch seems not fixed anything only some memory usage and something on ord mantell , SWTOR where i am meet all my best friend too , i am not sure if the time for me goes up to leave SWTOR yet , but i am waiting and leave everything to Service of Swtor team fixing our issues ... , and i am just want to make sure if they will return some graphic settings or some 7.3 settings in 7.4a for optimization i hope and remove the issuess we had currently in effect of freezed loading in first screen into server selection or character selection menu.

3 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

I got a Brand NEW PC.. same problem , so that's not it. I played earlier today, but after downtime, can't get in

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

how to pay attention what i am buying or selling when there have remove the sellers name from the item on the GTN.

and most of all the items are also stackt in to one that means it also make's it harder to look from who i am buying.

You're asking how do you pay attention to what YOU are selling and buying?  I don't know, just do it.  Maybe before making a large purchase, double check if you think it might be yours, or don't and live with the loss of the fees/taxes.  We used to call that paying the stupid tax.  

The stacking, unit price and seller name are things I also wish they would address.  But you asked them to come up with a way to prevent you from buying your own supply, listing the name of the seller might help, but it wouldn't be a prevention. 

4 minutes ago, Phangoria said:

I got a Brand NEW PC.. same problem , so that's not it. I played earlier today, but after downtime, can't get in

It's definitely not it mate, that's rather obvious.

And yes I feel for you fellas, this is the only game I play and now I have to quit against my wishes because they made it unplayable for some of us with their 7.4 update. 

Trust me though, you want to have nothing to do with companies that instead of fixing problems come up with excuses, blame their subscribers and treat us like we are ignorants.

I mean the apathy of this Alexandre support fellow is very annoying, he was like yeah nothing we can do your laptop is not good enough to play the game and of course when I asked him how come and I could play the game with very high settings mere hours before the release of 7.4 he would offer no further answers.

All they had to do was keeping the game playable for those of us who still pay for it, sell CC, and offer mediocre short stories from time to time. Apparently they cannot even accomplish that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Melaras said:

It's definitely not it mate, that's rather obvious.

And yes I feel for you fellas, this is the only game I play and now I have to quit against my wishes because they made it unplayable for some of us with their 7.4 update. 

Trust me though, you want to have nothing to do with companies that instead of fixing problems come up with excuses, blame their subscribers and treat us like we are ignorants.

I mean the apathy of this Alexandre support fellow is very annoying, he was like yeah nothing we can do your laptop is not good enough to play the game and of course when I asked him how come and I could play the game with very high settings mere hours before the release of 7.4 he would offer no further answers.

All they had to do was keeping the game playable for those of us who still pay for it, sell CC, and offer mediocre short stories from time to time. Apparently they cannot even accomplish that.

and the sad thing is, that is the reality of things.

• Sad 2

i pay to play and can't !...well i should say i payed to play ( just cancelled my sub )..actually got 31 days of sub that will go to waste..i hate to leave my guilds in a spot but nothing i can do THEY MADE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE AGAIN ..was hoping anyone would figure the problem out but i guess the majority of people are allowed to play the game so screw the rest of us..i hear starfield isn't bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1