Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stop with the maint times!

ShaggyDA

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 4th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET. All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

WTH gives, for me 8am to 4pm, well thanks alot. You taken everything else from WoW, how about treating the Europeans like Blizzard does and do Maint at NIGHT?!?

Or better yet, treat your own country like you treat us, and see if they appreciate those sort of maint TIMES!

So pull down Euro server at 2am not a idiotic time like 8am

WTH gives, for me 8am to 4pm, well thanks alot. You taken everything else from WoW, how about treating the Europeans like Blizzard does and do Maint at NIGHT?!?

Or better yet, treat your own country like you treat us, and see if they appreciate those sort of maint TIMES!

Get out and get some fresh air.... better yet... work?

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 4th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET. All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

They already said why multiple times they do this. If they do Euro Servers and US servers at different times, 1, it causes them to have to do more then 1 maintenance a week, which they're trying to avoid, 2, the region under maintenance will flood the other servers causing issues and likely queues, and 3, they've already stated that while they admit that the time is unfortunate, it's when the data shows the least amount of people playing.

What I find annoying is that we pay the same amount of money, but another region is favoured for this

That sucks

No one region is favored by the developer. What is favored is the MAJORITY PLAYERBASE. Servers comes down when the LEAST amount of people WORLDWIDE are playing. :rolleyes:

They pull down all servers when the least amount of players globally are online. Get over it.

Hey... its clear that the OP is the most important subscriber out of the 1.5 million... his needs should come first. Know your role!

You go to work at 2am to do maintenance on a server for a bunch of cry babies.

WoWs maintenance screws over a ton of players, its an AMERICAN based game its going to go by there time, dont like it? dont play.

Can't say it bothers me as I work for a living but its an American company so of course Americans will get the better end of the deal, that's life mate :-)

ps its a little harsh to say people hate americans I have served with quite a few and they are decent people but just like we have knobs in the UK they do too!

I take it you don't have a job, then? I could only WISH for maintenance times like that, here it DOES happen at night, from 8pm to 2am, that's a good chunk of primetime in most places.

Midnight pst has ajunta pall, harbinger, Vrook something, Bergen colony, all FULL since release or heavy. I still see harbinger at FULL at 2 am PST.

If they are willing to tell the west coast (you know that huge percentage of players from the same countRy as the company) eff uuuuu, what on earth makes the eu so special?

Get over it.

Edited by Froteus

You're all dancing to BioWare's flute in this thread.

If you want it to change, stop arguing and squabbling amongst yourselves and calling eachother names for being from America or Europe.

Sign a petition, flood the forums, whatever. Just don't fall for the age-old divide-and-conquer-tactics, it won't get you anywhere and it'll let BW off the hook as they can sit safely from a distance and just watch you wasting your time being ignorant and thick-headed.

I don't see the problem with 2 separate times for EU and NA, one during the night for NA and one during the night for EU - just like in WoW and certain other MMORPG's. 8 am GMT - 4 PM GMT is what I would consider prime-time for alot of people; youth, school kids, unemployed, moms and dads off work etc.

Lol...

Go outside maybe, lose the weight that is causing your heart disease...get in a relationship?

lol these people are really pathetic the way they cry about a once a week maintenance day. They must come from the mmo that never has server down time at all..Oh wait there isn't one like that.. ;)

Having come from EVE with its 30min daily downtime, frankly EIGHT HOURS a week seems ridiculous. I know it's a new game and maintenance times 'should' come down later on, but it's a bit of a shock to the system.

The time doesn't affect me personally, I work/travel from 7.30 till 6.30 and then I have little people to put to bed, so 'my' time doesn't start till 9pm. That being said, this is a kick in the teeth for the 'roughly' 50% of the player base (eu) who are affected by this.

All the people who keep saying 'get out, get a life, stop whining'. Frankly, how would you respond if it was file reversed?

Okay so they leave them up and then you have every NA playing will be flooding your servers and you will be crying foul then.

At any time during the day someone is going to be inconvenienced. Don't like it don't play it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.