Just end premades for solo queing

Warped

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

For all your complaining about Premades, it's people like you that get people to want to group up. People are tired of solo queu'ing and getting stuck with people like YOU on the same team making it harder for them to win, because your SD'ing is losing them matches. They group up to counter your ability to sabotage the matches they're in.

People like you are exactly the reason many people may group up MORE. I know when I solo queu and get stuck with people like you, all it does is frustrate me, until I've had enough. Then look for experienced pilots to join me. Then finally I can have some fun, because I don't have to worry about your kind sabotaging matches on me. 

people group up because they want quick and easy wins while face rolling new players.

people like me exist because dailies and weeklies are poorly designed and it is faster to end losing games than drag them out for 14 minutes.

39 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

people group up because they want quick and easy wins while face rolling new players.

people like me exist because dailies and weeklies are poorly designed and it is faster to end losing games than drag them out for 14 minutes.

People group for multiple reasons, but my point is More people will group because of people like you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

People group for multiple reasons, but my point is More people will group because of people like you.

and people will self destruct more when premade groups are dominating game after game against solo players.

so we both get what we want, you get quick and easy wins, we get shorter games and more daily and weekly points per time played.

there is currently no reason to drag out a lost game for 14 minutes when you can end it in 5 minutes or less with the current daily and weekly structure.

Edited by Darkestmonty

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

And more people will just stop pvping because of premade groups.  It's a vicious cycle that only ends up hurting the game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

with all the deaths from the premade group/elite pilots who swear they aren't on a premade team but happen to keep getting on the same team over and over and over again.

We can all drag out a losing game for 14 minutes or end the losing game in 5 minutes or less.

My choice is either 1 weekly point every 14 minutes of game play or about 3 weekly points in that same amount of game play.

Counting win or loss as the only measure for earning daily or weekly points makes drawing out a game when you know you are going to lose pointless.

So you DO care about fun in gameplay, and not just "efficiency".  And if I'm understanding you correctly, you believe that premades are the primary cause of unfun in GSF and that SD'ing is the only appropriate solution.  I just can't agree.

Can't losing matches still be fun (example:  I think it's a blast when I'm up against a premade and 4+ of them have to pay attention to me to take me down)?  Doesn't SWTOR offer other (less efficient) ways of getting daily/weekly points or tech frags or whatever?

Do you really think that creating more unfun is going to lead to anything good?

Edited by StrixHiraeth

55 minutes ago, StrixHiraeth said:

So you DO care about fun in gameplay, and not just "efficiency".  And if I'm understanding you correctly, you believe that premades are the primary cause of unfun in GSF and that SD'ing is the only appropriate solution.  I just can't agree.

Can't losing matches still be fun (example:  I think it's a blast when I'm up against a premade and 4+ of them have to pay attention to me to take me down)?  Doesn't SWTOR offer other (less efficient) ways of getting daily/weekly points or tech frags or whatever?

Do you really think that creating more unfun is going to lead to anything good?

I don't think premades in solo queues are fun whether I am on their team or against them. The matches are no longer fights, they are one sided kill farms.

The problem I have with the Daily and Weekly system is they don't reward a player any differently whether they were the top player on a losing team with 15 kills and 1 death or the bottom player zero kills and 15 deaths.

If there is no additional reward for actively participating and doing well there is no point in dragging out games that are already lost.

Edited by Darkestmonty

34 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

I don't think premades in solo queues are fun whether I am on their team or against them. The matches are no longer fights, they are one sided kill farms.

The problem I have with the Daily and Weekly system is they don't reward a player any differently whether they were the top player on a losing team with 15 kills and 1 death or the bottom player zero kills and 15 deaths.

If there is no additional reward for actively participating and doing well there is no point in dragging out games that are already lost.

I do see your point -- it's a valid beef.  But, I think it's an issue with game design rather than player behavior.

• Like 1