Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" coming December 5th!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! 

Pleased to announce that our next game update is right around the corner! Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" is coming December 5th! Full details can be found here

https://youtu.be/S-BsRZkRgqY

Launch Details

We will be taking down servers on December 5th at 7am CT / 1pm UTC to deploy the update. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

Important Note

Because this update contains the GTN revamp, we will be expiring all GTN auctions. During maintenance, your items will be sent back to your in-game inboxes and can be relisted when then servers come back up. 

EDIT: Post updated with 7.4 patch notes which can be found here

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

Can hardly wait to see how you NOT nerfed madness sorcs. Good to know you are listening.

BTW some are still playing sentinel in PVP, so you might consider some more ability pruning for that class and then remove it from the game for good.

And don't forget to buff operatives, that is an anniversary tradition afterall.

Edited by varietasplus
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone! 

Pleased to announce that our next game update is right around the corner! Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" is coming December 5th! Full details can be found here

https://youtu.be/S-BsRZkRgqY

Hi, @JackieKoIs it possible to get more details about the reasoning behind the GTN and trading changes that will be implemented with 7.4?

From what I have read on the forums, the provided explanation doesn't track. It puts an enormous strain on new players in the game - and those who are trying to help them - without addressing the real issue. These fees and taxes are exorbitant and punish all players for the actions of a few. Have other options been explored that will NOT so heavily impact new players?

New players do not have a lot of in-game credits, so charging these trade fees and taxes is really detrimental when people are trying to help them. I really am trying to understand the reasoning behind these insane fees. I do not see how this is helpful to the game. It is already having the opposite effect and driving people away from the game - even with what's already been implemented.

Edited by Meshla_Naast

2 hours ago, Meshla_Naast said:

New players do not have a lot of in-game credits,

But the community with lots of credits help new players to gain credits by having in game stuff at high prices on gtn (buy RPM/OEM for tech frags, get plans from conquest, pick materials from the ground etc), so new players can also list at those prices and get rich. Of course, the really new players who just arrived at Tython/korriban are poor, but that is intended (I hope, got to keep some sense of progression). Shae Vizla server gives us a look on how things are when everyone are poor, with the inevitable server transfer this should smooth out. Although 7.4 might shake things up in trades with the gtn revamp, who knows.

8 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Important Note

Because this update contains the GTN revamp, we will be expiring all GTN auctions. During maintenance, your items will be sent back to your in-game inboxes and can be relisted when then servers come back up. 

can we put together an auction for a whole set of armor and have it reboxed and sell the boxed version or will the box be a Bind on Pick Up deal like daily log in boxes after 30 days.

39 minutes ago, GeneralGyro said:

Why are you going to permanently remove the direct purchase of the new dye packs in January? and only be obtainable from hypercrates after that?

that's simple, force people to buy hypercrates to win dyes.

just a note, on the PTS I opened up around 50 hypercrates and found 6 of the new dyes. Not great odds, almost 1 in 10 hypercrates.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

just a note, on the PTS I opened up around 50 hypercrates and found 6 of the new dyes. Not great odds, almost 1 in 10 hypercrates.

yikes thats wow , do you know how much they cost CC?

1 hour ago, GeneralGyro said:

Why are you going to permanently remove the direct purchase of the new dye packs in January? and only be obtainable from hypercrates after that?

Lol is this for real? That’s going to encourage so much hoarding too. Maybe they can take a middle ground and make a crate type thing that’s like, random premium dyes so it’s not so blatantly obvious 

Edited by SoyElSenado
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SoyElSenado said:

Lol is this for real? That’s going to encourage so much hoarding too. Maybe they can take a middle ground and make a crate type thing that’s like, random premium dyes so it’s not so blatantly obvious 

I have a hard enough time justifying using 240 CC dyes that are always available on one character, I'm probably never going to use what I assume will be 2000 to 2500 CC dyes that are one time use.

30 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

I have a hard enough time justifying using 240 CC dyes that are always available on one character, I'm probably never going to use what I assume will be 2000 to 2500 CC dyes that are one time use.

something id only use on my main character 

3 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

I smell the utter removal of the Dye System and it's making me M O I S T

3 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

I'd like to know as well, I was looking forward to these new dyes they look really great but if they'll only be available for a limited amount of time then chances are I'll maybe buy one and that'll be about it. Don't have hundreds of Brazilian Reais to burn on a single month before the dyes are removed from the store.

3 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

That's terrible, so they'll be pretty much unavailable after this single month of being sold. Quite frankly it makes me way less excited for these new dyes, its not a smart decision on Broadsword's part to have this limited sale just let it remain in the cartel market so people can continue buying them. Because they will, as those dyes look quite good.

I oppose dyes being in hypercrates instead of in cartel market.

When I want a specific color, I don't want to play russian roulette to get the colors I want. I have artificers trained on 5 of the 6 servers that can make in-game dyes, the ones I buy on the cartel market are ones NOT available in-game. And there are probably other players that do likewise, Space -barbie is fairly popular.

For instance, for one character I have all their (non-droid/animal) companions in Czerka colors. Which aren't available in-game. 

You are shooting yourself in the foot with this change. This will mean less RL $ coming to the cartel market.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

To be clear so there is no misconception, because I misread your post at first, this ONLY affects the 4 new dyes & not the other dyes on the CM.

While I don’t agree with their plan to make them only available in hypercrates, I can understand it from a purely business perspective. 

Im sure they realise this will create excessive prices for these dyes on the GTN because they’ll become super rare. If they restrict the flow of them into the game via hypercrate drop, then these dyes will quickly become the highest priced items on the GTN. 

They also know it will create demand when they inevitably put flash sales on the Cartel Market. It’s a smart business move. Sadly, its a little underhanded as a sales tactic to those of us who can see right through it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

To be clear so there is no misconception, because I misread your post at first, this ONLY affects the 4 new dyes & not the other dyes on the CM.

While I don’t agree with their plan to make them only available in hypercrates, I can understand it from a purely business perspective. 

Im sure they realise this will create excessive prices for these dyes on the GTN because they’ll become super rare. If they restrict the flow of them into the game via hypercrate drop, then these dyes will quickly become the highest priced items on the GTN. 

They also know it will create demand when they inevitably put flash sales on the Cartel Market. It’s a smart business move. Sadly, its a little underhanded as a sales tactic to those of us who can see right through it. 

4000 CC per dye pack.. ima be so laughing if theyre that pricey. 

I haven't seen the Devs respond to any of these yet... are they monitoring this thread still?  Well, just in case.... you guys (devs) are trying to add credit sinks but the changes to the GTN are grossly punitive to people selling high ticket items which will just make them use the trade chat more... and won't effectively reduce the credit float. it will simply chase people off the market where you can control it. Rather than get punitive, why not create some new high ticket items every time you introduce content. You now have more than a few new planets and new areas of older planets that have no strongholds purchasable. Buying and building strongholds are really high Conquest point items as well, which makes them highly sought after. My suggestion is to put a SH out for every new area at somewhat higher prices and increase the cost to expand them slightly, Which will remove credits from the float FAR more effectively than punishing GTN users ever will. And, that is just ONE possible example to reduce the credit float, there are so many others that will work more effectively than chasing folks off the GTN.

• Like 1