Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Concerning Griefers on Fleet

Blackholehead

3 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Your analogy is relevant but flawed.  Imagine if the biker is just sitting there (rather than riding by) and annoying you by revving the engine, burning rear-tyre rubber in a circle(1), etc....

(1) Ref: Toe-cutter in Mad Max.

yeah but im talking about the loudness itself, if said biker is just passing through on loud bike then even if it can be annoying its not on purpose and not malicious intend towards you, same thing if someone passes with loud speeder by you on fleet, its not malicious intend they're just using loud mount and they have a right to.

of course if  said loud noise is being done on purpose then thats different thing.

also regarding this topic, why aren't there RP servers for this issue to be avoided? i remember hearing that SWTOR had RP servers designated so people can RP in peace, are those all gone? if this is such big issue to rpers maybe devs should consider making them one.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

True, but on The Leviathan, they often use /say, which floods chat (and pops up in my cutscenes) any time I'm in a standard questing area like the Dealer's Den cantina (Coruscant) or Slippery Slopes cantina (Nar Shaddaa).

That could be a problem, which is why RP should have their own chat channels, but that is a problem when you are trying to RP with the opposite faction.    Most of the ones I RP with have our own channels, but we have a problem with opposite faction members.  The only solution is using Discord, but not everyone likes to use Discord.

9 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

to be fair i don't see how mount being loud is trolling, its like saying being on the street where loud motorcycle passes means that person is doing it to annoy you, its a fleet, theres a lot of players, its bound that some will have and use loud mounts, you can always lower games sound.

This.

I had a friend who was complaining he can't hear me in voice, but I could hear him and his game sounds loudly through his mic, it was so loud it actually annoyed me. I told him to lower the game volume to be able hear me, and he said "oh yeah, that thing never occured to me..."

Simple solutions are usually the best.  I've ran into some loud mounts on the fleet, and if they bother me, I'll move further. If I am at the vendor and can't move, I'll lower the volume.  I'm very noise sensitive up to a point that sometimes I can't use any mechanical mounts because of their sound, even when my volume is low. That's why I usually prefer animal mounts. However I don't expect the game needs to be changed just so that people can't use their mounts around me, when I can easily turn the volume down and avoid places with too much noise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As someone who doesn't RP and regularly accesses the VIP area for the GTN, I would be absolutely furious if I was forced to dismount. Furthermore, I paid real money for the VIP access. And overall it'd just be frustratingly inconvenient to not be able to use my mount in the centre section.

Just force the devs to make an RP chat/instance. If I read one of the replies in this thread correctly, that's what they promised in 2016 anyways. And they never got around to it.

Edited by Freeze-Dry

On 11/27/2023 at 12:37 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

True, but on The Leviathan, they often use /say, which floods chat (and pops up in my cutscenes) any time I'm in a standard questing area like the Dealer's Den cantina (Coruscant) or Slippery Slopes cantina (Nar Shaddaa).

This is exactly why I turn "say" off, as well as many of the other "RP related" chat options.

I don't mind that people RP.  It isn't something I understand or get enjoyment out of, but if they do, great.  But all those emotes and /say and /yell can gum up the chat flow and that is what irks me.

As for pulling large mounts and parking on the people doing RP, I can see how that would be annoying.  I get annoyed when people are on large mounts close to a Vendor that I'm trying to access.   USUALLY a quick /whisper to the person makes them realize they're blocking the vendor for everyone else and they dismount.

Usually.

Maybe try that first, before trying to convince the other players to give up their fast mode of transportation on fleet just so a few people don't affect your gameplay.

Fixing your gameplay shouldn't mean changing mine.

I've said that many times, here, over the years.  I still hold true to it.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see who posts in the "snowball griefing" threads once the Life Day event starts and snowballs start to fly. How many common posters will there be complaining about snowballs but "supportive" of griefing RPers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DWho said:

It will be interesting to see who posts in the "snowball griefing" threads once the Life Day event starts and snowballs start to fly. How many common posters will there be complaining about snowballs but "supportive" of griefing RPers

thats always funny to see that there is always one complaining about the snowball's when life day event starts.

lets see if there are going to use this thread or we get a other new one about it there not like it and cry about it.

On 11/29/2023 at 12:48 AM, DWho said:

haha yeah

i think someone genuinely pissed about this has some deep problems, i mean if you want to complain on forum its fine but i remember seeing few people get extremely angry on fleet and start insulting others and stuff, like they'd see who threw the ball at them and go insane on that person, its similiar to rakghoul event thing but this is even worse becuse its not like snowball infects you or affects your gameplay in any way, the argument i saw once regarding this went on for hours with the two sides being toxic and insulting each other, like just chill and play.

On 11/29/2023 at 5:03 AM, Spikanor said:

thats always funny to see that there is always one complaining about the snowball's when life day event starts.

lets see if there are going to use this thread or we get a other new one about it there not like it and cry about it.

Why exactly is it funny?

I'm one of those players who find things like snowballs and those dance bombs aggravating.  I also know that there are NPCs in the game that throw those snowballs, which clearly shows the dev's won't do anything about removing players abilities to affect other players characters.  The dev's think like you apparently and think it's hilarious to annoy players.

Sadly for you, I don't entertain trolls in the game by saying anything since I know it's useless.

Doesn't mean I will ever like it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Why exactly is it funny?

I'm one of those players who find things like snowballs and those dance bombs aggravating.  I also know that there are NPCs in the game that throw those snowballs, which clearly shows the dev's won't do anything about removing players abilities to affect other players characters.  The dev's think like you apparently and think it's hilarious to annoy players.

Sadly for you, I don't entertain trolls in the game by saying anything since I know it's useless.

if you not like it then not go to the fleet that is what i am going to do with the life day event and each time there is a rakghoul event so easy is it.

its only becoming funny now since it always is the same thing what is going to happing when there is a rakghoul event or life day event that we find a thread when somebody is not happy about it and not cant understand there not going to do notting about it.

i think if i remember it good was it 2 years ago that somebody call it harassment that snow ball trowing.

2 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Why exactly is it funny?

honestly? it is funny when people rage about dumb stuff like this becuse of how minor it is, actually starting fights and calling snowball throwing "trolling" is just looking for a fight and often when people go into a rage fit for problems that don't exist it becomes funny to others, i know you said you don't say anything (and its really for the best) but some others do, i've seen people go into fits of rage over a fricking snowball, and even though you're not raging on fleet you're still pretty much insulting everyone (majority) of players here who do participate in the event by saying we're trolls for doing it i mean  even discussing this is a bit comedic becuse we're discussing some peoples hate of a virtual snowball....

lets think for a second here, you play an MMORPG, you come to a vast fleet where numerous people are in and interact with each other on daily basis, its a special day, a life day, fleet is decorated and snowballs are added, now get this - the VERY purpose of these snowballs IS to throw them at others, like thats quite literally what snowball is for, theres reward and all for throwing it on other people so you have to understand that devs are encouraging this, they quite literally want you to do this and its completly harmless fun, like come on what kind of harm is anyone throwing a snowball or two at you doing to you? the game might not look like it sometimes but at the end of the day its still an MMO and one of its fundemental things is interaction with others and don't even try to compare this to ruining rp or being annoying with mounts  becuse its simply not the same thing, its not even same as rakghoul thing becuse rakghoul thing actually infects you and forces you to buy vaccine for credits and generally its annoying to be infected but the very fact snowball throwing is encouraged by devs means it can't be trolling, its like saying you're trolled in a shooter cop-op game becuse the other guy shot you, it simply doesn't hold, snowball throwing is harmless fun on a big fleet on a special day and im sorry but people will throw them at you becuse you're a random player standing there and their opportunity to get reward for doing so, theres nothing bad in this, you're having a virtual snowball that has little to no visual effects thrown at you for fun and thats all there is to it, i can respect a lot of opinions and complaints but i really don't like when people try to find an issue where there clearly is none such as snowball throwing and its all the worse when you call pretty much everyone else a troll becuse they are having fun and doing what game actually intended them to do.

at the end of the day if you really hate virtual snowballs that much you can always be in your sh or on some random planet where nobody will do it.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

honestly? it is funny when people rage about dumb stuff like this becuse of how minor it is, actually starting fights and calling snowball throwing "trolling" is just looking for a fight and often when people go into a rage fit for problems that don't exist it becomes funny to others, i know you said you don't say anything (and its really for the best) but some others do, i've seen people go into fits of rage over a fricking snowball, and even though you're not raging on fleet you're still pretty much insulting everyone (majority) of players here who do participate in the event by saying we're trolls for doing it i mean  even discussing this is a bit comedic becuse we're discussing some peoples hate of a virtual snowball....

lets think for a second here, you play an MMORPG, you come to a vast fleet where numerous people are in and interact with each other on daily basis, its a special day, a life day, fleet is decorated and snowballs are added, now get this - the VERY purpose of these snowballs IS to throw them at others, like thats quite literally what snowball is for, theres reward and all for throwing it on other people so you have to understand that devs are encouraging this, they quite literally want you to do this and its completly harmless fun, like come on what kind of harm is anyone throwing a snowball or two at you doing to you? the game might not look like it sometimes but at the end of the day its still an MMO and one of its fundemental things is interaction with others and don't even try to compare this to ruining rp or being annoying with mounts  becuse its simply not the same thing, its not even same as rakghoul thing becuse rakghoul thing actually infects you and forces you to buy vaccine for credits and generally its annoying to be infected but the very fact snowball throwing is encouraged by devs means it can't be trolling, its like saying you're trolled in a shooter cop-op game becuse the other guy shot you, it simply doesn't hold, snowball throwing is harmless fun on a big fleet on a special day and im sorry but people will throw them at you becuse you're a random player standing there and their opportunity to get reward for doing so, theres nothing bad in this, you're having a virtual snowball that has little to no visual effects thrown at you for fun and thats all there is to it, i can respect a lot of opinions and complaints but i really don't like when people try to find an issue where there clearly is none such as snowball throwing and its all the worse when you call pretty much everyone else a troll becuse they are having fun and doing what game actually intended them to do.

at the end of the day if you really hate virtual snowballs that much you can always be in your sh or on some random planet where nobody will do it.

not forget that the devs also have add the snow ball cannon in the cartal market you can buy and use to shoot other players with snowballs and not trow then.

there is also a snow ball tank speeder there sell in the cartal marekt.

then we have also the droid's that trow snowballs on you in DK and coruscant.

so that is also a reason why life day event is becoming easy year funny to read the hate threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoyElSenado said:

Imagine being annoyed and irritated by people throwing snowballs in game. I can understand the rhakgoul thing since it literally can kill your character, but snowballs? Come on lmao

Snowballs do have a cosmetic effect.  It can be distracting.

That's part of the problem with the life overall, too many people are unwilling or incapable of seeing things from any viewpoint but their own.

3 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Snowballs do have a cosmetic effect.  It can be distracting.

That's part of the problem with the life overall, too many people are unwilling or incapable of seeing things from any viewpoint but their own.

I am glad to see other viewpoints. I personally find the random rhakgoul deaths at fleet funny. But not everyone does so I get why people complain about it. I don’t RP but I get why the loud/oversize mounts are annoying to those player even though it isn’t an issue for me. 

I’m not there on the viewpoint that a freaking life day snow ball is game disrupting. It’s a seasonal event that’s fun and silly in an online game. You can unclick the cosmetic snowball effect if you hate it so much. And seriously, come on. What are the snow balls “distracting” you from at the fleet? What fleet tasks are so high level and delicate that your concentration and focus is sapped by a snow ball?? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.