Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

@KeithKanneg

• To qualify for the 16 free transfers to Shae Vizla, players must be a current Subscriber and have been an active Subscriber since January 2, 2024. 

Appreciate all of your comments. We’ll continue to keep an eye on feedback that comes in. 

you know all those players that left because of bad communication during the server launch, through January to the 20th when @JackieKo dropped her bombshell, through another 3 weeks before you @KeithKanneg utterly gutted the APAC community.

yeah those players are not posting here because you do not allow Preferred players on the forum.

enforce a sub requirement sure, but make it in the future. Allow yourself to wipe the slate clean.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Quaggmar said:

I suggest you use something you already have in play ESCROW!! 

Escrow is not a good idea sorry it seems it on the outset, but it's just another system that feels like it's designed to punish players that earn credits. the whole system is wrong incoming and outgoing, as such one thing alone is not going to fix it.

42 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

@KeithKanneg

you know all those players that left because of bad communication during the server launch, through January to the 20th when @JackieKo dropped her bombshell, through another 3 weeks before you @KeithKanneg utterly gutted the APAC community.

yeah those players are not posting here because you do not allow Preferred players on the forum.

enforce a sub requirement sure, but make it in the future. Allow yourself to wipe the slate clean.

I find the lack of community support for preferred players baffling rather than controlling the narrative and understanding the player base and the people most likely to resubscribe they alienate them and block them from communicating on their platform it's insane. I guess by blocking players who unsubscribed they don't have to listen to what they're doing wrong.. If they didn't see it it didn't happen, right?

• Like 2

Just want to pop in and say though I still think 240 million is too little, it is certainly much, much better, and closer to a compromise. I would assume over time they are going to open transfers for the remaining amount of credits eventually anyway, starting small I understand. I'd still prefer a little more, but that is enough to jumpstart the server I think.

For those saying the "sub x amount of time" is an unnecessary restriction, you are not taking into account credit sellers. They are trying to keep credit sellers off the server, please stop complaining about it being there, the new limit is much better and will do much more toward what they are trying to do. That is the only reason for the restriction, has nothing to do with "punishing" players who didn't sub when the server came out. It is a very necessary restriction.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

For those saying the "sub x amount of time" is an unnecessary restriction, you are not taking into account credit sellers. They are trying to keep credit sellers off the server, please stop complaining about it being there, the new limit is much better and will do much more toward what they are trying to do. That is the only reason for the restriction, has nothing to do with "punishing" players who didn't sub when the server came out. It is a very necessary restriction.

There are other ways to stop credit sellers, they are certainly punishing those of us that responded to them behaving poorly.

For instance, previously subbed for at least 90 days. 
Global location.
Account in good standing.
Long term recorded spending.
Thats just a few off the top of my head without putting any though into it, I am sure there is countless other ways, they have all that info at hand.

The one they have chosen is unfair, simple as that, and you are assuming the same as I for the reason FYI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

Just want to pop in and say though I still think 240 million is too little, it is certainly much, much better, and closer to a compromise. I would assume over time they are going to open transfers for the remaining amount of credits eventually anyway, starting small I understand. I'd still prefer a little more, but that is enough to jumpstart the server I think.

I also think it's a bit low, BUT I can work with that if the remove the per character restriction and make it legacy. 

54 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

I also think it's a bit low, BUT I can work with that if the remove the per character restriction and make it legacy. 

Easy enough to make mules, level 20 takes a couple of hours at most. Just do Esseles or Black Talon on the way to capital world and get your ship. Spacebar and 1 spam.

So you're happy to just kill the server like the rest? I don't understand. Why are you folding to people who clearly don't even play the game and just want to ruin the economy? This will not end well. Everything is going to cost 10-20x more than it currently does(initially, but will only go up) because of the huge influx of credits. If people can't afford to buy things then what's the point of playing anymore? Chasing character customisation options is literally the only thing we have. If you can't grind for it through heroics etc. then we're left with nothing to do.

Please re-consider. 32m was more than enough, it didn't need to change.

Edited by heeeysa
Update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

So you're happy to just kill the server like the rest? I don't understand. Why are you folding to people who clearly don't even play the game and just want to ruin the economy? This will not end well.

Its dead already Jim

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

So you're happy to just kill the server like the rest? I don't understand. Why are you folding to people who clearly don't even play the game and just want to ruin the economy? This will not end well. Everything is going to cost 10-20x more than it currently does(initially, but will only go up) because of the huge influx of credits. If people can't afford to buy things then what's the point of playing anymore? Chasing character customisation options is literally the only thing we have. If you can't grind for it through heroics etc. then we're left with nothing to do.

Please re-consider. 32m was more than enough, it didn't need to change.

If you think that much is going to kill the server then you clearly haven't been paying attention to the server. The server was dying, this is the only way to save it. Also buying cosmetics off the GTN always required playing the GTN in the past, why should it be any different now? You also need players on the server to sell those cosmetics in the first place. I don't think prices are going to go up as much as you think, in fact I think the extra supply will drive prices down. It might go up but I highly doubt for more than the max amount, and don't forget all the credits that will be spent other places than the GTN. Guildship unlocks, gear, gear repairs, companion gifts, etc. Not all of that 240 million is going onto the GTN, and frankly you can just sell whatever you aren't going to use on the GTN and make plenty for the cosmetics. It really isn't that hard.

• Like 3

No, it's not. There's no issues finding groups. The server isn't 12 years old, it's still maturing. It was only going to get better. Now it's going to be dead before it even had a chance.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Engeopathichero said:

If you think that much is going to kill the server then you clearly haven't been paying attention to the server. The server was dying, this is the only way to save it. Also buying cosmetics off the GTN always required playing the GTN in the past, why should it be any different now? You also need players on the server to sell those cosmetics in the first place. I don't think prices are going to go up as much as you think, in fact I think the extra supply will drive prices down. It might go up but I highly doubt for more than the max amount, and don't forget all the credits that will be spent other places than the GTN. Guildship unlocks, gear, gear repairs, companion gifts, etc. Not all of that 240 million is going onto the GTN, and frankly you can just sell whatever you aren't going to use on the GTN and make plenty for the cosmetics. It really isn't that hard.

Everyone that plays the game has already earned and spent their credits on those things. Of course they're going to run to the GTN and ruin the game for everybody else. 

1 hour ago, Engeopathichero said:

I understand their wanting to stop credit sellers, And if they only offered this to APAC accounts from the last Transfer it would not be an issue. Every single Aussie I've heard talk about this have been either founding players or started day one of AU servers who purchased the game And have years of recorded subscriptions on their account. These current changes just mean every active credit seller from around the world is now going to transfer 240 million on level 20 characters that take two hours to grind out. This change just made it no longer a fresh start server and there are no reasons for these restrictions. Just when I thought I couldn't make any more baffling decisions they called this one out. If anything this change is going to encourage credit farmers to flock to the server as they will make a lot more bang for their buck grinding bounties. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heeeysa said:

No, it's not. There's no issues finding groups. The server isn't 12 years old, it's still maturing. It was only going to get better. Now it's going to be dead before it even had a chance.

No issue finding groups? Have you actually tried? PvP is dead, ops are practically non existent, the only thing that pops at a moderate rate is Vet FP's. Also I've been playing for nearly all of that 12 years, prices have always been at a level where you had to play the GTN to buy cosmetics. 240 million was a comfortable amount of credits, and that was before the drain on credits that just because you don't go through doesn't mean don't exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

No issue finding groups? Have you actually tried? PvP is dead, ops are practically non existent, the only thing that pops at a moderate rate is Vet FP's. Also I've been playing for nearly all of that 12 years, prices have always been at a level where you had to play the GTN to buy cosmetics. 240 million was a comfortable amount of credits, and that was before the drain on credits that just because you don't go through doesn't mean don't exist.

Playing the GTN isn't something that should exist. I've already made a post about that asking for re-selling to not be allowed.

PvP hasn't lived, the server isn't old enough yet. OPS haven't been a thing for 5 years or so. That's expected.

There's also no seasons active which is always going to be the time when populations are at their smallest.

Edited by heeeysa

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I understand their wanting to stop credit sellers, And if they only offered this to APAC accounts from the last Transfer it would not be an issue. Every single Aussie I've heard talk about this have been either founding players or started day one of AU servers who purchased the game And have years of recorded subscriptions on their account. These current changes just mean every active credit seller from around the world is now going to transfer 240 million on level 20 characters that take two hours to grind out. This change just made it no longer a fresh start server and there are no reasons for these restrictions. Just when I thought I couldn't make any more baffling decisions they called this one out. If anything this change is going to encourage credit farmers to flock to the server as they will make a lot more bang for their buck grinding bounties. 

I think you overestimate the amount of credit sellers that actually sub to the game. Also underestimate how quickly BS finds and bans them.

1 minute ago, Engeopathichero said:

I think you overestimate the amount of credit sellers that actually sub to the game. Also underestimate how quickly BS finds and bans them.

That's not a thing. People have been buying creds for 12 years. Why do you think everyone is mad they can't bring their bought credits over?

Edited by heeeysa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, heeeysa said:

Playing the GTN isn't something that should exist. I've already made a post about that asking for re-selling to not be allowed.

PvP hasn't lived, the server isn't old enough yet.

There's also no seasons active which is always going to be the time when populations are at their smallest.

I'm not going to argue with you, just know that after playing the game for most of it's existence instead of just the past couple months you apparently have, know that not only in this game, but every MMO, that is how it works. Also I have no clue what you are talking about with PvP, server age has nothing to do with that, and it was popping quite a bit when the server first launched, more so than now so that argument doesn't make sense. Seasons are part of it but not the main issue. 

I know you won't listen because you are obviously not the type to, but I would stop talking about something you have limited experience in and let those that have been playing far longer and understand the game better talk about. Not just this game either, MMO's in general. You don't know how it works, stop pretending to, and for the love of all that is holy please don't spread the nonsense to the devs.

• Thanks 2

Unfortunately I've been playing since beta, over 3 years longer than you have and MMOS since the mid 90s. Making up stories isn't going to help your case, sorry. I just want what's best for the server and the people that play on it.

Edited by heeeysa

18 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

A quick Google search will show you the truth. I absolutely despise the practice of selling or buying Credits but I know how much money they make and I know many players who have spent thousands on game credits or mats. 

@KeithKanneg @JackieKo @EricMusco 

Thank you for listening & acting on the feedback regarding the restrictions around free transfers & credits. 

But I think you still haven’t gone far enough with the credit limits. 20 million would be the bare minimum in my opinion & 25 million would be the sweet spot. Please consider this increase as I’m still seeing feedback on other social media that 15 million still is not quite there for credits & end game players are still unsubbing & posting images of themselves unsubbing. 

I have one other suggestion too with regards to free transfers. Please offer 4 free transfers for preferred APAC players who aren’t subscribed at the moment. 

Lastly, this would be an ideal time for you to run a marketing campaign to bring some old APAC players back to the fold.

Send out another marketing Email to old APAC subscribers who aren’t currently subscribed. Offering 8 free transfers for 30 day subs or 16 free transfers for people who buy the 60 day subscription. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

At this point I'm curious why they don't just make both groups happy and start a fresh start server in another region. Let APAC have a regional server and the fresh start people have a home where ping doesn't matter and credits do. It would boost sales and subs, I simply don't understand why they haven't done it at this point, there is obviously a market for both and they are losing money when they could be gaining it in both subs and cartel coin sales. Heck just open up a new server in APAC and leave SV as a fresh start, let any transfer off SV but not let anyone transfer to. That way everyone is happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.