Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

7 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

Neither of these make any sense, GTN prices are going to go up with more credits available, and transferring a character will transfer all legacy perks.

I am referring to the maximum you can sell something for on the GTN (cap) 3 billion I think
Also referring to setting the kegacy perks for a new toon up not getting the perks paying for them to be active, its about 200 million I think

7 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

great for the poor but the rich are gonna be mad

Yeah NGL I don't really care about annoying the super rich, I don't even have the GTN cap, close but not quite there, and that is more than enough credits to both make more, and give me and my alts what I need repairs, perks, teleports etc, any more than that and its just a bank to be fair.
But then I don't buy gear sets of the GTN, unless they are no longer available set I don't have.

• Haha 1

I guess with this news it also means dead is the hopes they were going to combine the GTN's across all the servers.

something I thought they were headed towards with the recent revamp, no seller names hinted to it being a possibility.

Edited by FrontLineFodder
hops->hopes

4 hours ago, NeoBlakkrstal said:

Nothing was mentioned in the post regarding Legacy when transferring characters to the server. Is this something that is going to be the standard? Or something that has yet tbd? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Hopefully this means they don’t intend to change how legacy works with transfers (achievements not blocked from moving) Currently the the server obtains achievements from transferred toon and legacy becomes/stays the highest level.

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Also hoping the minimum character lvl won’t be something silly like lvl 60-80. Because most returning old players who left in the first server closure, may not have even had all lvl 50’s at that stage because lvl 50 was the max lvl. Could I suggest you just make the minimum lvl 10 or 20. 

I think it will be near the free to play Level cap. Personally I think LV 10 or 20 is too low. 

Edited by AFadedMemory

2 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I wonder how many FTP players on SV there are, given comments such as this:

How much is being able to buy things off the GTN as FTP players one of the main deciding factors in people wanting the economy kept down.

More like new and returning players. Cartel items( at least the popular ones) are still at prices that require a subscription to buy.

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

I am referring to the maximum you can sell something for on the GTN (cap) 3 billion I think

If they allow anything in the billion range I think the economy will instantly die. With 3 billion you could instantly buy out about 90% of everything that's currently listed on the GTN on SV.

• Like 1

With the exception of server transfers coming out late/not knowing what kind of restrictions will be placed on server transfer, what is the consensus of everyone in this forum? Are you excited/happy/relieved that server transfers are happening? 

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

I personally think a limit on the amount of characters that are free transfers is fine, we all have a lot, well those of us being here forever, but even I find myself only playing actually a handful and then some for making stuff, I personally think 8 max free, and then as Trixie said before allow transfers at a reduced rate 1 a month for a little while to build up.

But a free for all yes I think that could cause issues, unless of course they give a stupid amount for credit transfer like 500k lol then I want all my characters here..

I feel it should be limited to the max cost of something on the GTN personally, but I can see them going lower than that, A happy medium would be the amount it costs to fully setup a new toons legacy perks IMO

I have no real suggestions for Free Transfer amount

I think the limited should depend on how many free transfers per person there are. If there are like eight I would say 1-3 million credits per toon. If it’s one or two 10 million per toon should be fine. (Definitely think there should be a limit to how many toons can be transferred to a given server in a 30 to 60 day period)

I agree with a max price listing on gtn (there technically is one it’s the current toon credit limit 4,294,817,295 if my source is to be believed.) I think adding a stricter toon carry limit coupled with a change to escrow would not only limit credits that transfer but also limit the max price on the gtn (granted I would say 10 million would be the lowest I’d accept. Bs would have to modify how people pay for GS catch up and how some achievements are calculated if they went that route)

Edited by AFadedMemory

17 minutes ago, Eneriango said:

With the exception of server transfers coming out late/not knowing what kind of restrictions will be placed on server transfer, what is the consensus of everyone in this forum? Are you excited/happy/relieved that server transfers are happening? 

It still depends on the announced limits. This makes me believe SV isn’t going to be closed. Which is nice.

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

Also referring to setting the kegacy perks for a new toon up not getting the perks paying for them to be active, its about 200 million I think

It’s actually around 30 million (if you’re referring to global unlocks and per toon page) won’t some of that transfer over though?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eneriango said:

Relieved.

Questions answered, won't be paying for a sub anymore.

5 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

If I interpreted the op correctly they were stating the limit is currently around 3 billion not that they want it to be 3 billion. I’m also pretty confident they were talking about the gtn not transfer limits.

nope, I interpret it as the transfer cap, allowing himself to transfer all his wealth and be able to buy all the perks for his alts.

and I support his statement, but if they allow 3B, may as well allows the character max of 4B.

Just because Nommaz only has 3B does not mean other players don't have more that would be left behind.

23 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

It’s actually around 30 million (if you’re referring to global unlocks and per toon page) won’t some of that transfer over though?

OK its been awhile since I filled in all the blanks but 30 seems low.. 
Yes I am referring to new toons, so I may only transfer say 3, and then want to make more for instance. 

13 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

nope, I interpret it as the transfer cap, allowing himself to transfer all his wealth and be able to buy all the perks for his alts.

and I support his statement, but if they allow 3B, may as well allows the character max of 4B.

Just because Nommaz only has 3B does not mean other players don't have more that would be left behind.

That is indeed what they were meaning (the credit limit anyway), granted they were willing for it to be lower.

Yeah might as well have no credit limit at that point. (BS should definite have a credit limit)

Edited by AFadedMemory

10 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

ust because Nommaz only has 3B does not mean other players don't have more that would be left behind.

I checked its more lol but the fact I didnt know shows how much I actually needed of it hahaha.

11 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Yes exactly

I don't however believe its fair to just limit to SV, which is what they said, the limits should be on ALL server transfers, what's good for one etc..

3 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

I don't however believe its fair to just limit to SV, which is what they said, the limits should be on ALL server transfers, what's good for one etc..

I'm starting to wonder if SV wasn't a test bed for reset economy servers in other regions where they will have strong limits on credits transferred in as an attempt to reset the economy to what it was years ago, before the explosion of credits in the economy (an economy reset would be a lot easier than trying to drain the obscene number of credits in the game right now).

That way you don't take away people's credits (they can still use them on the "old" economy servers) and yet reset the economy to something workable for the rest bringing in game credit generation in line with GTN costs. Right now in order to afford anything "nice" on the GTN, you have to spend real money either with credit sellers or by buying and selling CM items on the GTN.

I agree, the limits should apply to all server transfers.

3 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

I think it will be near the free to play Level cap. Personally I think LV 10 or 20 is too low. 

Why make it any different to what is already the requirement to transfer between servers. I’m pretty sure it’s lvl 10 or lvl 20. 

2 hours ago, Eneriango said:

Relieved. But I have concerns that it’s too little too late. But we’ll see 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

It still depends on the announced limits. This makes me believe SV isn’t going to be closed. Which is nice.

Let’s hope they going to do some marketing too & not take too long to make this happen. 

29 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Why make it any different to what is already the requirement to transfer between servers. I’m pretty sure it’s lvl 10 or lvl 20. 

It really depends on the limits.(transfer # limit, credit limit, etc) 

low levels don’t really deter credit farmers from moving tons of throw away toons from multiple accounts. I would rather have a higher level restriction then a low number of free transfers.

6 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Well I'll be transferring main characters with all the crafting skills. then unsubscribing.

If SV survives great, I'll have a local server to play on.

BroadSword are intent on trying to maintain the economy, which I believe is a fools errand.

I wonder how many FTP players on SV there are, given comments such as this:

How much is being able to buy things off the GTN as FTP players one of the main deciding factors in people wanting the economy kept down.

I only play when subbed and I've spent thousands on cartel coins. I'm not sure why you had to assume in completely the wrong direction because I don't want to see the last server we have as dead as the rest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eneriango said:

I'll transfer 1 char that has all the mounts I've collected. I've already grinded up 20 chars on the new server so they aren't an issue. I would not care if it didn't happen at all but I will definitely care if they allow more than a few hundred thousand credits per char to be moved over. You can buy anything you want in a day or two of grinding currently; would hate to see that change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Let’s hope they going to do some marketing too & not take too long to make this happen. 

Definitely would be nice.

I suggest they make changes to the entire transfer system that why they can email everyone who have created an account. It’s technically not advertising but informing people of a policy change that was caused by transfers being opened for a new server😉

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, heeeysa said:

I'll transfer 1 char that has all the mounts I've collected. I've already grinded up 20 chars on the new server so they aren't an issue. I would not care if it didn't happen at all but I will definitely care if they allow more than a few hundred thousand credits per char to be moved over. You can buy anything you want in a day or two of grinding currently; would hate to see that change.

See, this is what I'm saying: build your legacy and characters now and transfer isn't going to be an issue. I'm just amused and relaxed here, not affected by this issue since I already have six characters past chapter 3 and my Agent is now in chapter 3, so soon I'll have the Legendary title. I'm at Legacy 30 going to 31. I have around 4m credits across all characters in SV. I'm not worrying about transfer because I acted and did things from server launch. It's as simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.