Suggestion: remove PVE world phases it's immersion breaking.

DarthSealth

How can one be a Sith killing Jedi throughout his/her story to then walk out of a story phase and be greeted by a Jedi, like : "Hi Bob, how's your Jedi peacekeeping thing going on?"

No I want to see Bob's face mushed into the Tatooine sand.

Because Bob chose the wrong faction.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

3 hours ago, DarthSealth said:

How can one be a Sith killing Jedi throughout his/her story to then walk out of a story phase and be greeted by a Jedi, like : "Hi Bob, how's your Jedi peacekeeping thing going on?"

No I want to see Bob's face mushed into the Tatooine sand.

Because Bob chose the wrong faction.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

You can already do that: go to pvp instance. 

I had a clown jumping at me on a daily area today (pvp instance). I stealthed out and swapped to pve instance so that clown wouldn't bother me anymore. Didn't even get my scoundrel face mushed into anything, but I guess that guy forgot to read the memo about "long live the empire". :) 

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Can you give an example of where this *really* happens?

I saw a guy named B0B in Tatooine, doing Jedi stuff and I wanted to mush his face like Jedi Master Yonlach & his tonk Padawan.

3 hours ago, Vendettus said:

So you want to make all phases PVP?

Hard pass.

World phases yes, imagine the fun carnage. Imagine the Sith Vs Jedi battles we could have on Tatooine, with the twin suns setting in the background, the victor sipping juma juice and smoking a death stick on the beach?

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I think DS wants the studio to make them not phase-walled.

Nah I'm not really bothered by the story phases, I mean the actual world/environment phase. No more PVE just PVP.

3 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

You can already do that: go to pvp instance. 

I had a clown jumping at me on a daily area today (pvp instance). I stealthed out and swapped to pve instance so that clown wouldn't bother me anymore. Didn't even get my scoundrel face mushed into anything, but I guess that guy forgot to read the memo about "long live the empire". :) 

Oh I know but its dead because people are wossy. It may be, because I originated from a PVP server before the merges.

P.s. Maybe me, maybe not me. I did try smashing a Han Solo lookalike...

5 hours ago, DarthSealth said:

Oh I know but its dead because people are wossy. It may be, because I originated from a PVP server before the merges.

Pvp instance being "dead" is the indicator on how much people want to get ganked by enemy players when they are doing their story or daily areas. If you force everyone into pvp instance, it would still be dead very soon because people would quit playing.

Having a separate instance for pvp guarantees that only the people who like open world pvp will end up participating in it.

I do my dailies in pvp instance because it's usually empty and no-one else is clicking my clickies so I don't have to wait. Sometimes I see players from the other faction there, but they are usually also just minding their own business and leaving me to do mine. If they attack me, I will just change instance and continue on my missions because I don't care about open world pvp. 

• Like 1

This game just doesn't have the population and to be honest, i love good pvp but ganking and chain stuns make PVP less fun IMO.  People might be more inclined to pvp if there were an advantage to some pvp rewards .... i dont see that ever happening.

2 hours ago, jyork said:

This game just doesn't have the population and to be honest, i love good pvp but ganking and chain stuns make PVP less fun IMO.  People might be more inclined to pvp if there were an advantage to some pvp rewards .... i dont see that ever happening.

The ironic problem with advantages to PvP rewards is that they actually had to, as I understand it, remove bonuses from gear awarded through PvP seasons because win-trading and other forms of cheating were being used by toxic PvPers to get the gear for those bonuses...

On 11/9/2023 at 1:18 AM, DarthSealth said:

I saw a guy named B0B in Tatooine, doing Jedi stuff and I wanted to mush his face like Jedi Master Yonlach & his tonk Padawan.

OK, but that doesn't explain *anything*.

World phases yes, imagine the fun carnage. Imagine the Sith Vs Jedi battles we could have on Tatooine, with the twin suns setting in the background, the victor sipping juma juice and smoking a death stick on the beach?

🤮

Nah I'm not really bothered by the story phases, I mean the actual world/environment phase. No more PVE just PVP.

🤮

I detest open PvP.  Warzones, maybe, but open PvP == Hell No.

Pretty sure this a troll post.

Remove PvE instance?  Why?  You don't like them, you don't have to use them.

"It's immersion breaking"?  That's just a nonsense statement.  If you find PvE instances immersion breaking then you can run in the already existing PvP instance and attack any opposing faction player you see.

• Like 3

So this was the case a long time ago. Unfortunately people ruined it by griefing certain missions like the scoundrel who hid in the heroic area on Ilum. I personally would love to see this make a comeback I feel like the game was much more exciting when it was like this. There is just no way to stop the trolls from ruining it for everyone else.