Daily Area Missions Feedback PTS Thread

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Please answer the questions below regarding the Daily Missions for Kessan’s Landing! 

Daily Missions

• Did the completion time for daily missions meet your expectations?
  • Were any missions frustrating or confusing? Which ones and why?
  • Did you have difficulty completing any of the daily mission objectives?
  • Were there any daily missions you particularly enjoyed? Which ones and why?
  • Overall, what are your impressions of the Kessan's Landing daily missions?
  • If you completed the Heroic 4 boss mission, did you find this mission appropriately challenging?
  • Did you notice any bugs or missions that you could not complete?

Geothermal Shielding Missions

**These are the additional side missions we mentioned during the livestream. The first mission is titled “Schematic Aspirations”. 

• Were you able to complete this series of missions? If not, where did you stop?
  • Did you encounter any bugs that prevented mission progression? If so, provide as many details as possible.
  • Keeping in mind that these missions are not intended to be as straightforward as most missions, were there any objectives that were too confusing or frustrating?
  • Did you particularly enjoy any of the mission objectives? Which ones and why?
  • Was it clear how to use the Geothermal Shielding Unit once you completed the mission series?
  • Are there any improvements you'd like to see in these missions?
  • Were you able to complete the post-mission puzzle? If so, what could we improve in it? Did you encounter any bugs?

If you have feedback about the world boss, please post it in this thread

• Like 2

I'm at the step of Geothermal:

{Schematic Aspirations}
Recover Security Datasticks: 0/3
Hint: Search the mainframe area for clues

Another player was on the same step and they somehow had the macrobinoculars but I didn't. Which made things extra confusing. I think they confused one of the other quests with the geothermal quest.

My guess was to either a) the datasticks are shoved in a computer in the room, definitely didn't find any where or b) some enemies nearby had them in their pockets. The Marker is confusing though, it's showing the spinny circle as the whole tunnels area as well as up top near the world boss.

I eventually found the "Communications Array Control Panel" but the enemy in front of it had already been killed (i even killed him earlier in the day myself) and so didn't find anything up there either, because all the officers were dead. So I was looking and looking around the Freedom world boss, but there was nothing to find which was very confusing haha. I also couldn't find the hint downstairs, so I didn't even know to look for NPCs that had been defeated. Eventually I saw "Henck" alive and killed him with an "ah-hah" moment, and the spinny symbol near Freedom world boss disappeared and I got my first key-code. Then knowing it is an "item" to drop and not a blue-glowy-thing-to-click I went back down into the tunnels and started murdering anything that looked unique and found the one from the hungry kitty, there is more than 1 of those which is nice, but I also didn't think to kill them because I'd killed them earlier before I had the quest and nothing happened haha. Only then did I realise the "green marker" on the map near Solitude's Laze was indeed NOT the same tunnel map as the one the mainframe was, due to the map bugs where the map doesn't always change. Oops. I found the tech-devouring trainer without too much trouble once I got in there. But I never found the "Hint: Search the mainframe area for clues" that the quest referred to.

Daily Missions

Did the completion time for daily missions meet your expectations?

Some of the dailies are far longer than others as they make you traverse the entire map for them; however, they were in areas other dailies were located so in the end I didn't mind it, it felt good being able to do multiple dailies as I went along.  It ultimately balanced out once I figured each one.

Were any missions frustrating or confusing? Which ones and why?

The Heroic 2 enemies were quite frustrating, I understand they have to be harder, but those beasts just push you around a lot and at one point I ended up stuck in a computer because they pushed me in there in that corner. Their difficulty is right for a heroic otherwise, is just that pushing mechanic was problematic for the small rooms they spawn in. But otherwise, was still able to complete it.

Did you have difficulty completing any of the daily mission objectives?

Yes, I had difficulty with Grateful Grazers, I took down a lot of separatist poachers that did not drop the keycard I needed, it took me over 10 minutes to do this step. The problem with it is that on top of it being rng if they do drop the keycard, there's a small number of poachers, and if there are other players doing the mission, that means even less poachers for you take down to get the key, and their respawn time took some time. So, I feel some adjustments need to be made there because it could become a big pain when the area is super active. It reminded me to the coruscant heroic where you also need a key to drop but usually have to wait for the enemies to spawn because others cleared the area. But it can be more troublesome here because many will be on this new area for a while.

Were there any daily missions you particularly enjoyed? Which ones and why?

I enjoyed them all overall except the one above due to how much it took for an otherwise short mission. I like the creature you do get from that mission however, that was a cute element, although it stayed following me after I finished the mission, and well it got distracting when doing other missions haha.

Overall, what are your impressions of the Kessan's Landing daily missions?

I liked how things overall were located, like the heroics taking place in the same spot and the heroic 4 not being far either so is easy to create a group and all move around the same area. Same thing for the dailies, I like how the overall map design is open enough for you to explore relax if you wish to but when you do get inside the actual objectives is where the action starts, instead of having every corner crawling with something. 

If you completed the Heroic 4 boss mission, did you find this mission appropriately challenging?

I did not, but I tried it and it looked quite interesting to try out with a group. I know players want to play more mechanics bosses and I think this fits the bill pretty well.

Did you notice any bugs or missions that you could not complete?

Aside from one taking a long time, it was thankfully not bugged overall, and I managed to complete every daily and heroic 2+ just fine, so its overall working all good, just some balance to take care of, if possible, with Grateful Grazers.

Didn't get a chance yet to try Geothermal Shielding Missions,

The Heroic 2 enemies were quite frustrating, I understand they have to be harder, but those beasts just push you around a lot and at one point I ended up stuck in a computer because they pushed me in there in that corner. Their difficulty is right for a heroic otherwise, is just that pushing mechanic was problematic for the small rooms they spawn in. But otherwise, was still able to complete it.

Yes, I found the heroic enemies to have way too many roots, stuns and pushes, especially when there are 3-4 at once. Not hard, just irritating.

Havent finished the Geothermal Kit quest but up until the 'There's Always a Backup" Mission everything felt doable but this quest me and others cant seem to figure out where it means to go since the logs dont seem to make sense. Other then that everything was fine

Since there is not a good place to post about this bug on the PTS I will post it here. When I logged in to my copied character and was checking things over I went to pull up my titles to change my title that button also pulls up the details window showing your stat breakdown not letting you adjust your titles.

Lava Problems

I gave up on figuring out the sequence. I had ideas, and they were close, but there was too many permutations for me to want to sit there plunking them in. I waited till my friend got it right by chance. I would have to consult a guide. Was there a clue somewhere I missed?

PS for anyone struggling lol:

Spoiler

System Access Terminal
Operation Control Station
flush
safety off
Routine Execution Unit
= YES

Geothermal with a Friend

this quest seemed to work well with a buddy!

The only part the BROKE and was very disappointing:

Quest: Test Plan
Step: Repair Test Subject

Right-click the workbench with the green arrow over it (it does not glow blue) and right-click it.

[[BUG WITH FRIEND: this phase got FUNKY when me and a friend were doing it together – the workbench disappeared so Zahk had nothing to click to move forward :( :( :( He tried leaving group, but then he couldn’t go in the door once outside ,it was just a red door. He reset the quest and went back to Iokath. Itseemed to have worked after redoing it and we regrouped later.]]

Quest: There’s Always a Backup

Step: Find the Backup Terminal

This one was.. surprisingly hard. So I read the personal datalogs. For anyone wondering, here is what they say and the solution:

Personal Log: Career Goals

The researcher’s log contains mostly mundane details, but there are some notable entries: “I don’t know, it’s just so much more… fun, I guess, working with the geothermal plant here. Much more interesting than hypermatter manufacture oversight. I really feel like I’m helping develop technologies that can make people’s lives better… and yes, I still have the dream of exploring the INSIDE of a volcano with a shielding unit of my very own design! I have it all planned out, I just need to get approval for all the materials I need (and the time off).”

Personal Log: IMPORTANT

This personal log contains an unusual sentence: “Very important! Remember: HELLO. MEAN. HEAD. …GLURPLE?”

Personal Log: Invaders

Scanning the detailed personal log, this section stands out: “I’ve decided to leave some of the research data with my eldest brother (you know the one). I used to work very closely with him, and it seems less and less safe around here these days…”

Solution:

The first clue is that the researcher used to work in “hypermatter manufacture oversight” – this hints towards the Black Hole area of Corellia where Hypermatter is made. There’s no specific location shown on the map, but if you explore [[more specific directions]] it’s the area wher there are litlte fuzzy guys trapped in blue prison cells for a normal Black Hole quest.

I knew the Hypermatter was a clue to Corellia or more specifically The Black Hole. But that area is very big. We tried looking in Hypermatter Tower, my friend did the heroic, I wandered all over looking outside. But we weren't even sure if it was on Corellia or Black Hole or a red herring all together. Took us a while to find while shouting "GLURPLE???" at eachother.

PS for anyone having trouble with what colors to put into the terminal.

Slice the Backup Terminal
The second clue is the mysterious “Very important! Remember: HELLO. MEAN. HEAD. …GLURPLE?”

The answer to the colored terminal is:

Yellow
Green
Red
Green
Purple
Code Input Confirmation
The hint is a memonic to help the brothers remember. The first three words are rhymes (Yellow = Hello, Green = Mean, Red = Head). and “Glurple” means “Green Purple”.

The fact that the terminal says you have 4 inputs ready is a trick – you can input five then click the Code Input Confirmation.

We figured out right away that GLURPLE meant green-purple but the other part was a bit of a trickier puzzle! :)

Played the daily area once on pub side.

The regular missions are of a good difficulty for the regular player. For the kill trench droid objective there could be a few more of those droids. There were 4 people on the PTS server and while I played and I had to really search for them. When more players are around this might get nasty.

The Heroic 2+ missions are manageable alone with stealth when you know your dps rotation. So casual player will have to group up if they want to do them, as it should be.
I tried the Heroic 4 alone and got wiped. It probably is possible to solo with a self heal shadow, but hard. After grouping up with one other player we managed. All in all I liked the fight.

I did not read the missions text, but there was a clear story progression visible in the dailies. I like that.

I missed "Schematic Aspirations" completely. I found some of the lava caves which probably have something to do with it and died there. I thought they had something to do with the story you have locked behind development doors. Only now by reading the original post I realize I missed something. It is not showing up on the minimap for me. So unless you you create some missions where you have to go past the mission console people will miss it and not even try to solve it. Going back to it now.

Grateful Grazers Daily:

I didn't get the 3rd grazer to follow me maybe because I released it and then battled the NPCs. I had to reset this daily mission and this time I picked a 3rd cage with no NPCs to battle for the 3rd grazer. This time the 3rd grazer followed me until I battled the Grazer Rustler Boss and could apply the med pack.

Daily Missions

• Did the completion time for daily missions meet your expectations?

Yes

• Were any missions frustrating or confusing? Which ones and why?

The heroic 2+ involving groups of close mobs (I forget what it was called) could easily lead to death if you're a class with no CC and re-CC ability (easier for my lightning sorcerer, not at easy for my assassin but still doable).  Some of the terrain was a little too dark for me, making it harder to see where I was going.  The original Ord Mantell on my Troopers was nothing like that (I did this PTS on my Empire sorc & assassin).

• Did you have difficulty completing any of the daily mission objectives?

Nope, although I kept trying to access one location through one of the lava pools 😆

• Were there any daily missions you particularly enjoyed? Which ones and why?

I enjoyed them all; way better than the Rhunuk dailies which I still haven't completed as I abandoned them because I found Rhunuk chaotic making it hard for me to navigate.

• Overall, what are your impressions of the Kessan's Landing daily missions?

Good.  I enjoyed not knowing where anything was so it was fun exploring

• If you completed the Heroic 4 boss mission, did you find this mission appropriately challenging?

I stayed well away from this!

• Did you notice any bugs or missions that you could not complete

Yes, the daily with the little panther cub.  He has abandonment issues and stayed after the quest was completed. I wouldn't have minded but he ruined my stealth as he aggroed everything (and I didn't notice he was there until the whole area came at me).  Logging out and logging back in made him disappear.

Geothermal Shielding Missions

**These are the additional side missions we mentioned during the livestream. The first mission is titled “Schematic Aspirations”. 

I didn't see/find these.  

On 10/31/2023 at 3:54 PM, Sarova said:

the livestream. The first mission is titled “Schematic Aspirations”. 

I didn't see/find these.  

If you want to go check them out, here's how to start:

There is no quest marker on the map to start this set of quests! You have to walk to the south of the Ord Mantell map, into a walkway called Runoff Control. There will be a glowing blue terminal you can right-click with a quest marker over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:47 PM, LadyAdmiral said:

If you want to go check them out, here's how to start:

There is no quest marker on the map to start this set of quests! You have to walk to the south of the Ord Mantell map, into a walkway called Runoff Control. There will be a glowing blue terminal you can right-click with a quest marker over it.

Ooooh!  Thank you.  I shall take a look.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In the now-released version, when the Schematic quest early on says "Hint: Search the Mainframe area for clues", I couldn't find the clues, either.  But my wife did!  Knowing what to look for, I've been able to find it on later characters.  (Related tip: Characters who have not yet reached the Kessan's Landing story line and missions, can still do the schematic missions for the reputation.)  The hint does indeed finger the three targets.  The datapad can appear in at least two places in that area, and is not visible unless you're at that stage of the mission.

Schematic Clues.jpg