Server Lag / Server Disconnects: Post AWS transition of Satele Shan

Quaggmar

I have been suffering daily, sometimes hourly, lag spikes that halt all my game functions for up to 30 seconds at a time. Other times I am being dropped directly to Server Selection screen without any prior lag indications. This has reared its ugly head after the transition of Satele Shan server to AWS Cloud. I have double checked my updates for windows and my GPU as well and they are both current. I see no where else to turn except submitting this here to see if others are experiencing the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you guys know how to run ping plotter & how to find the server IP?

If you do, then you should run Ping Plotter first before complaining about the server. I know of other people with zero issues on the server & others who are having problems, but it’s with their ISP routing at the moment. 

• Like 1

I generally stay around 39ms ping, sometimes going to 50ms once in a while for short bursts. Last night, I don't know why but it it was drastically fluctuating between 65ms-99ms, never going below 65.  I recently moved one of my alts to Star Forge, I thought maybe it was a SF problem. Switching back to one of my SS toons,  I saw no change in ping.

Is AWS throttling speeds at peak times or something?

14 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Do you guys know how to run ping plotter & how to find the server IP?

If you do, then you should run Ping Plotter first before complaining about the server. I know of other people with zero issues on the server & others who are having problems, but it’s with their ISP routing at the moment. 

The game can show your ping speed to the server. Would you still recommend a ping plotter? The "zero issues" thing is subjective though. While I consider 65ms ping to be an issue, there are a lot of players who would kill to have 65ms ping in this game.

Edited by Traceguy

5 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I generally stay around 39ms ping, sometimes going to 50ms once in a while for short bursts. Last night, I don't know why but it it was drastically fluctuating between 65ms-99ms, never going below 65.  I recently moved one of my alts to Star Forge, I thought maybe it was a SF problem. Switching back to one of my SS toons,  I saw no change in ping.

Is AWS throttling speeds at peak times or something?

The game can show your ping speed to the server. Would you still recommend a ping plotter? The "zero issues" thing is subjective though. While I consider 65ms ping to be an issue, there are a lot of players who would kill to have 65ms ping in this game.

Ping plotter will show you if you have issues between your end & the server. Unfortunately, ping plotter won’t show you the server ping anymore because Amazon block ping requests. You can still use it though to check your connecting pings.