Join the fight bundle UK pricing incorrect?

mentalmackem

Can someone from the SWTOR team (Jackie or Eric) comment on the price conversion for the new "Join the Fight Bundle" in the UK.

In the UK it's coming up as £34.99, In comparison a 60 day sub and 2400 CC comes to £21.49 meaning it's costing an extra £13.50 or $16.61 for one mount which is very steep.

Meanwhile in America its coming up at $39.99, in comparison a 60 day sub and 2400 CC comes to $34.98 meaning its only costing an extra $5.01 or £4.07 for one mount.

Why is there such a big gulf in the conversion prices?

• Like 2

The mount should be a free incentive with the bundle to make this offer remotely tempting anyway, not cost extra money on top, let alone such a huge sum. Has to be an error, surely?

I was considering buying a bulk sub before I saw the offer, but I'm not touching this with a barge pole!

How very odd.

As an aside, my eyeballs are also tired-to-death of pink and blue things.

Edited by Jazulfi
  • Like 2

In my currency it is 189,90 zł for the Bundle but

Subcription 59,99

2400 CC 62,99

So it looks that the mount cost more then 2400 CC 66,92.

I like such 'promotions' but the benefit versus the cost should be better balanced
'Malgus' bundle was worth for me...
wait i bought it when it was only 30 days subscription and it cost 179 ,90 :)

so there will be people who will pay.... 🤣

Edited by Nebdar
chcecked the Legacy of the Sith: Digital Collector’s Edition

I believe the problem is they are just converting the currencies and not taking into consideration any other pricing of their products. 

If I solely convert 40US to my currency I would get the pricing the mount is at the moment. However, in US dollars the bundle costs 10 dollars LESS what a 60 day subscription + 2400 CC would cost. 

In US Dollars: 
60 day (30 dollars) + 2400 CC (20 dollars) = 50 dollars in total
The bundle is a VERY GOOD deal for 40 dollars. 

Now other countries got the short end of the stick I guess. 

45 minutes ago, felleto said:

It's screwed up for Brasil too. It's double what it should cost. 

I guess it's a no buy for me. 

In steam is just too much difference for us in SA. But is also wrong in the main site with no regional pricing/inflation issues. They charge u$s5 extra (from 60day+2400cc ) for a reskinned mount?

Bundles should include more at same price, a discount, or both.

Edit: Got it wrong, in main site is actually a good bundle with a discount as 60 day is 30. My bad.

Edited by Balameb

Weirdly, for me, it's quoted as $39.99 on the website, with the just-coins packages being quoted in euros, but on Steam it's quoted as 39,99€ (appropriate notation for where I live, in northern France).  Noteworthy: at the moment, $39.99 is 37,51€.

But 2400 coins is only 17,00€, and 60 days of subtime is 26,99€, so 39,99€ for the package is less than the coins plus the subtime, and I would get the mount as well.

And, of course, it bills 39,99€ for the package, and not the advertised $39.99.  @JackieKo or @EricMusco would either of you like to comment on this?

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi!

I've sent these findings over to a couple of teams, so they'll look into what's happening. 

Thanks for flagging! 

@JackieKo Is this offer limited time only? Or a permanent bundle? And if temporary, how long will this offer be available. I usually buy these offers, but atm am not financially able to do so, so would like to know how long I will have to purchase. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mentalmackem said:

Meanwhile in America its coming up at $39.99, in comparison a 60 day sub and 2400 CC comes to $34.98 meaning its only costing an extra $5.01 or £4.07 for one mount.

These numbers aren't correct. It seems like you're using the "per month" US price for a recurring 60 day sub as opposed to the actual price of a non-recurring 60 day sub (which is $29.99). That adds up with the 2400 CC price ($19.99) to $49.98, so the bundle gets you almost $10 off and the mount is free.

I think you're still correct about the UK pricing being weird, though, even if you made the same mistake on those numbers they wouldn't add up to the price of the bundle. The US numbers make clear that the mount should be a bonus, so at worst the bundle should be equivalent in cost to a 60 day sub + 2400 CC. If it's more, they messed up the price.

5 hours ago, mentalmackem said:

Can someone from the SWTOR team (Jackie or Eric) comment on the price conversion for the new "Join the Fight Bundle" in the UK.

In the UK it's coming up as £34.99, In comparison a 60 day sub and 2400 CC comes to £21.49 meaning it's costing an extra £13.50 or $16.61 for one mount which is very steep.

Why is there such a big gulf in the conversion prices?

it's actually a decent deal in the US.

60 days = 29.99

2400 CC = 19.99

Total would be 49.98

Bundle costs 39.99 saving you almost 10 dollars + you get a mount missing it's flair

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, felleto said:

It's screwed up for Brasil too. It's double what it should cost. 

I guess it's a no buy for me. 

Yeah its insane, 209 reais when a single subscription for 2 months is 67 reais and 2400 cartel coins cost around 35 reais. So its barely over 100 reais for the subscription and cartel coins, meaning you're paying an extra hunded for a bonus mount that is really not worth that price. Companies really need to start doing regional pricing because this kind of stuff is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, NeoBlakkrstal said:

@JackieKo Is this offer limited time only? Or a permanent bundle? And if temporary, how long will this offer be available. I usually buy these offers, but atm am not financially able to do so, so would like to know how long I will have to purchase. Thanks.

@JackieKo Can we please get an answer to this question?

• Dev Post
On 9/21/2023 at 4:45 PM, NeoBlakkrstal said:

Hi there, 

There is no expiration on the bundle, so you definitely have time. 

• Like 3