The game is over.

49 minutes ago, manlymandayruin said:

I doubt Broadsword cares. I think this is business as usual for them I.E. being keeping servers running. They have not released a statement on their ambitions or anything, completely radio silence for them. 
this is also a company where employees literally fall asleep on devstreams. The biggest glaring issue is people not understanding what kind of co broadsword is.

Broadsword is an awful company, and their employees are lazy and apathetic.

and as far as VA it will be severely reduced atleast. Those kotor style turn in dialogues are imo going to be the

future of SWTOR, unfortunately 

If the story and the side characters are well written I'm okay with KOTOR type of dialogue. At least it will be new content. 

If a game has passion put into it you can feel it. It is something special. BW has failed to deliver for some time now. The bigger the developers become the worse the games get it seems. Maybe BS can pull it off. I'm seeing more communication from the devs in these last couple of weeks we ever got in years. New armor for nightlife event. They could have left it as it was but hey lets add something...

Who knows

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Blatant unmitigatable speculation.

Frankly, if you really dislike SWTOR as much as you seem to, why are you even bothering to post here?

nobody said that SWTOR=bad. Strawman. 

Also studio transfers usually always can the entire original staff, thats what they did at Bioware when it was bought out at EA.

That being said, you can take your copy/paste vapid "if you dont like it dont play the game"#4237514841874 post to reddit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not often I agree with Lana Beniko but in her words, "Charmer that one." Good grief.

1 hour ago, manlymandayruin said:

nobody said that SWTOR=bad. Strawman. 

Also studio transfers usually always can the entire original staff, thats what they did at Bioware when it was bought out at EA.

That being said, you can take your copy/paste vapid "if you dont like it dont play the game"#4237514841874 post to reddit.

• Haha 4

On a side note.

The next PvP season starts on the 18th July. It will be interesting to see if the Steam numbers increase significantly again, like they did last season. 

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830#1m

The current Steam numbers show that there has been a significant decline since the last season ended. And unfortunately, it also coincided with the leaked Broadsword takeover of swtor. 

Which makes me wonder if that leak hadn’t happened at that juncture, would the Steam numbers be much higher than they are now or is the drop off mostly due to the end of the season? 

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. As this will be the first like on like litmus test to see if swtor’s transfer to Broadsword has affected player numbers significantly. 

• Like 1

I started doing PVP as a relatively quick way to get massive amounts of tech frags but unfortunately I found out I actually really like it ("unfortunately" because there are too many huttball maps imo) so I hope lots of people play the new season!

I NEVER saw one time or knew of ANY company that would hire 20+ people to do the job of 2 ..

Maybe not. But I know for a fact that when I left a job back in 1996 in NYC to move to my mom's state (she had Alzheimers and needed to have someone take care of her), they hired 2 1/2 people to replace me. (2 people plus a part-time person).