The new High Roller Armor Set looks absolutely great

Whykara

Hello, just wanted to say that I absolutely adore the new High Roller Armor Set. It's such a great and cohesive design, and just look at the collar! And the belt! It's fantastic and I can't wait to gamble my money away to get it. 

For those who haven't seen it yet, it's on the 7.3 dev post: https://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/promos/2023/June/13/high_roller_armorset_1.png

That's all, thanks

42 minutes ago, Whykara said:

just wanted to say that I absolutely adore the new High Roller Armor Set. It's such a great and cohesive design,

For those who haven't seen it yet, it's on the 7.3 dev post

Here's the actual  DEV post  link--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20230613

And yes i agree, the 'High Roller' armor looks  interesting & unique , but imo conversely the new PVP set looks ridiculous and i don't understand why BioWare keeps going with these particular designs on PVP armor lately.  ( they look more  Ultima Online-ish  than really Star Warsy )

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

but imo conversely the new PVP set looks ridiculous

I agree. I like the season 1 and 2 sets, but I don't need any more armor sets with bones everywhere. It's redundant after a while and it doesn't really combine well with other armor sets. But I guess they have a theme going.

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Here's the actual  DEV post  link--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20230613

And yes i agree, the 'High Roller' armor looks  interesting & unique , but imo conversely the new PVP set looks ridiculous and i don't understand why BioWare keeps going with these particular designs on PVP armor lately.  ( they look more  Ultima Online-ish  than really Star Warsy )

While we have had a decade now of The Old Republic aping the look of Star Wars 4000 years in the future (Movie era).. to be honest this game and this Old Republic era should look very different from Skywalker's time.   Look at the Gav and Jori Daragon sets on the cartel market...  that is the Old Republic style when this era began in the 90's.  It is very far away from the movie era style.

3 minutes ago, xmarcusprimex said:

While we have had a decade now of The Old Republic aping the look of Star Wars 4000 years in the future (Movie era).. to be honest this game and this Old Republic era should look very different from Skywalker's time.   Look at the Gav and Jori Daragon sets on the cartel market...  that is the Old Republic style when this era began in the 90's. 

It is very far away from the movie era style.

i hear you but i didn't mean  "Star Warsy"  as in just the movies.

In my opinion, just my personal opinion,  the PVP armor  makes me think of  Ultima Online  or like some neat 'Samarai'  theme, which is fine of course.

But it just doesn't make me think STAR WARS  nor does it make me want to wear it  ( or grind for it ) .

Just my opinion of course.

3 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

In my opinion, just my personal opinion,  the PVP armor  makes me think of  Ultima Online  or like some neat 'Samarai'  theme, which is fine of course.

But it just doesn't make me think STAR WARS  nor does it make me want to wear it  ( or grind for it ) .

I mentioned the "Gav and Jori Daragon sets"... do those seem "Star Warsy" in your view? They are from the very first Old Republic content in the 90's.

9 minutes ago, xmarcusprimex said:

I mentioned the "Gav and Jori Daragon sets"... do those seem "Star Warsy" in your view? They are from the very first Old Republic content in the 90's.

Yes , well at least def. more so than  these new PVP sets.

i suppose, if i really tried,  these new PVP sets could maybe  remind me of  Lando's outfit in  start of ROTJ  ( if  we talkin'  strictly  movies  themed ) .

But anyways,  what's done is done.

My personal opinion won't change BioWare's direction , that's for sure  lol

The PvP one looks like Season 2 PvP Set had a baby with HK-51.

I mean, you want to make a samurai HK 'face', just realease the helmet, no need to make the whole season about that.....piece of (redacted) set.

The High Roller looks like a nice set. I will try to farm it.

Wow! That High Roller chest piece has an impressive amount of potential for clipping with all kinds of hairstyles, not just longer ones! I'm sure the designers intended for it to be used with the matching headpiece, but I daresay this is not a set for people who prefer their characters to have hair that is both visible and longer than around ear length. Heck, it looks like to might even clip into  lekku in the back, too! Other than that it does look quite nice though. I'm glad they are putting the pieces on the vendor, I may pick up a couple of them.

Edited by Gwena
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

S3 season and set will forever be a nyah nyah nyah we could have added GSF but didn't nyah nyah nyah for me.

8 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

The PVP set looks worth it just for those pants! We don't have a lot of loose or gathered pants. The pants alone are primo Space Barbie. The rest of it I'll give you is a kinda meh Space Samurai thing that we've all seen a thousand times.

Why does the High Roller set appear to have 1 metal nipple?

• 1 month later...

The armor looks great and has cartel market quality but it has one problem the collar is buggy especially when talking in cutscenes, it moves and clips through itself when your character moves their face.

Edited by Jul-Sai
  • Like 1