The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild restrictions

frutepy

15 minutes ago, Balameb said:

Sorry, I quoted you from your alleged 'immersion breaking' issue.

On the other hand, i think there might be a confusion with Trixxies suggestion, it starts mentionening the guild bank tab as not imposing BoL, then says item is bound, probably missed it and tried to say 'not bound'...

I personally understand it as the first part, guild memebers (30+ days) should still work like now with guild bank not imposig a BoL. P2P gift is the one that should impose a BoL (if want to avoid the 8% fee).

That would be my take.

It imposed more layers of complexity onto something that was originally a very simple task and does nothing to stop my example of the wrong item mistakenly removed. We've 8 vaults filled with stuff already, "set up a vault for gifts" sure, give me vault #9.

Both suggestions to bind anything to legacy via either P2P trade or GB dispersals are bad.

Edited by xordevoreaux
  • Like 1

Just now, xordevoreaux said:

It imposed more layers of complexity onto something that was originally a very simple task and does nothing to stop my example of the wrong item mistakenly removed.

The more layers of complexity is something we sadly need to embrace. We (actually, the economy), needed action. There was a party, now is time to pay the bill. Real Cost? Adapting.

And for the mistaken items, i think that just as we get some complexities there are QoL features that could help working on them. On this case, i propose an 'Award Box' in the Guild Bank. Like the donate deco deposit/box, but working in reverse: GM/Officer moves an items from a tab to the box, select guild member (list restricted with 30/14+ days legacies) and send. Bonus: Optional message for guild members to see in chat.

6 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

It imposed more layers of complexity onto something that was originally a very simple task and does nothing to stop my example of the wrong item mistakenly removed. We've 8 vaults filled with stuff already, "set up a vault for gifts" sure, give me vault #9.

Both suggestions to bind anything to legacy via either P2P trade or GB dispersals are bad.

This whole thing is rubbish.  Poorly conceived and poorly implemented.  Just like the quick travel tax.  I will finish off GS on all servers in a couple weeks and after that I am walking away until Broadsword takes over.  Maybe they will be more receptive to actual solutions than the dross that BW insists on serving us.

On 6/13/2023 at 7:50 AM, Toraak said:

I can understand this change honestly. It's set intentionally so people can't avoid the tax using personal guild/guildbanks to get by it. As for new players, no new player to a guild should be given access to the guildbank itself anyway. If they need something from it like medpacs, adrenals, stims have an officer pull it out and give it to them. These items at least won't be taxed on trades. As for mounts or other stuff needed from the gbank. just have to deal with the tax. (hopefully it won't be much). But there is a vendor on fleet that sells a mount for dirt cheap, so can point them to that vendor. (25k for a mount or something like that.)

Giving access to completely new members is just asking for your guildbank to get robbed anyway.

As a GM, this is nothing but a hindrance.

My GB has a "free to all" tab that is open for literally ANYONE in the guild to pull from, as have most (if not all) of the guilds I've been in in the six years I've played this game. As of now, The void charges you to give anything CRAFTED, anything NOT available from an NPC vendor to another player. That list includes stims and such. ** I am still testing various items for this, but so far that is the case. ** One stim to trade is 71k credits, no that's not a lot, but it does add up overtime. Sure, officers can be compensated from the guild, but that eats into their available funds for summons and repairs. 

Several guilds provide joining bonuses (mounts, crystals, armors, etc) and item rewards to guild members for conquest completion incentives. I find it inconsiderate to ask that my officers pay to give guild members their conquest rewards. Again, yes they can pay themselves out through the guild bank at the cost of repair and summons funds. Generally speaking, paying a void to gift something to someone is unnecessarily punishing to the gifter's generosity and just asinine in general. This change to "save" the economy does nothing but shaft any generosity that anyone had in this game.

As far as guild bank robbery is concerned, I have two things:

First, isn't that why guilds have a ranking system in the first place? Guild bank permissions are set by the GM, according to guild rank, and can only be modified by the GM.

Second, I've mostly only seen that when disgruntled former/exiting officers leave a guild and take the expensive things they want because the GM didn't have the foresight to demote/kick them prior to telling them they're out.

1 hour ago, xordevoreaux said:

You do realize the issue we're talking about is her original suggestion of whatever gets pulled out of the guild bank becomes legacy bound?

Actually, I did not EVER say that. Please stop misrepresenting what I said.

Let me sum up what I said so there can be ZERO confusion.

1. If people were to trade an item with another person as a “gift”, ie not an exchange of credits or for another item, then that item would become Legacy Bound & not incur a fee/tax for gifting it.

2. Any items in a GB are NOT legacy bound when removed from the GB. I am not proposing any change to this system at all.

3. So under Biowares current changes, any guild members who have been in the guild for30 days will have access to items in the GB

4. As the GM, you can make one of the GB tabs require a certain rank to access. You can set up a “gift” rank within the guild. When you want to gift a member a guild bank item, you change their rank to the “gift rank” & tell them which item you are gifting them. If you really don’t trust them to take the item(s) you have selected for them, then only put 1 item at a time in that GB tab. 

Honestly, it’s not that hard to include immersion. You can still have everyone standing around when you say to player X, here is your reward, please retrieve it from the Gift tab in GB. 

And that item won’t be bound anymore than it is now if you remove something from the GB. 

But with my suggestion any item “gifted” via player to player trades would be fee free and become legacy bound. 

If you still can’t understand how this helps you and the majority of the players, then I can’t help you 🤦‍♀️

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Balameb said:

propose an 'Award Box' in the Guild Bank

That would work equally as well. But of course, the 30 day membership would still need to apply. 

Sadly, that only addresses gifting for guild members. It doesn’t address the ability to gift friends or new players with things if they aren’t in the same guild.

I would still advocate that BioWare or Broadsword add a Bind 2 Legacy ability to gifting between non guild members. 

• Like 1