What is the point for a new FP

What is the point of adding one more flash point to the game when lately you dont get a even pop as a tank or healer. I dont think one more flash point will solve the problem and when you think evefryone hates all latest fpses because they are far from being fun. I didnt test new one but i am 100% sure it will have terrible mechanics far from being fun. Only thing that will change is now you will be sitting on a queue for 29 fps instead of 28.

That's a problem with the rewards for MM fp, which are really, really bad so there's no reason to run them except for fun and acheivments.  Considering how bad dps pugs tend to be lately (not their fault, vet fp were nerfed to hell, so no one learns anything there), the lack of rewards, then using group-finder  for MM fp is simply not fun right now for tanks, heals, or good dps.

A new flashpoint also has a solo version, which means more story (even if minimal) and more max level content for everyone.  THAT is a good thing, that is the point of adding a new flashpoint.

• Like 4

On 5/29/2023 at 8:02 PM, LJ_Gibbs said:

The point is.... they are never giving us another operation. 

Wanna know why?  Their "metrics" have said no one is doing story mode R4... so why make more?

Their metrics are trash.

Only Bioware would release a new SM operation, tune it substantially higher than every other SM operation such that the average pug SM group will struggle and fail, then make sure it doesn't offer any significant rewards or gear that cannot be obtained elsewhere, then conclude the issue with participation is because players don't want new SM operations. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, olagatonjedi said:

Even worse is that the new flashpoint is also overtuned so that companions really aren't capable of helping well enough to survive the fights if someone from the group/queue leaves.

But the group finder has the ability to find a replacement.
Dumbing down a master mode flashpoint would just make the game even more worthless and not worth my subscription. (Have you never played a MM flashpoint before?)
They are never meant to be played with companions.
Get grouped first with those that want to do it and don't rely on the replacement ability from the group finder if you keep losing them as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Honestly, nearly all of the complaints I see about "Queues not popping" can be remedied by joining a guild.  I run MM fps all the time...would I ever queue for them solo?  No. 

Far too many randoms have never bothered to learn their rotation, so I don't bother queuing with randoms.   

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:27 PM, ronin_chi_lao said:

But the group finder has the ability to find a replacement.
Dumbing down a master mode flashpoint would just make the game even more worthless and not worth my subscription. (Have you never played a MM flashpoint before?)
They are never meant to be played with companions.
Get grouped first with those that want to do it and don't rely on the replacement ability from the group finder if you keep losing them as well.

The thing is, people want to be carried. They don't want to do anymore than press four abilities. Why do you think people leave when they wipe in an operation only once? They don't want to put in the actual time to do it. They want to speed run through as quickly as possible with the smallest of effort.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The new Voss FP is actually pretty good, and short. Plus ZERO dialogue. If you're grinding FPs for conquest (Like me) or trying to get FP-1s, it's on the top 5 list.

The only annoyance of this FP is the flame puzzle. It feels like 99% of the time your group will consist of 3 players who are there for the first time. So they will fiddle with the flames while you're solving, and you have to politely ask that that don't touch.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:48 AM, DawnAskham said:

Their metrics are trash.

Only Bioware would release a new SM operation, tune it substantially higher than every other SM operation such that the average pug SM group will struggle and fail, then make sure it doesn't offer any significant rewards or gear that cannot be obtained elsewhere, then conclude the issue with participation is because players don't want new SM operations. 

This is true. SM for EV, KP, DF, and DP are quick and simple. However, on the other hand you have Dxun (I love this one), Gods, R4 for example. Can be done on SM, but their difficulty is off the charts compared to the other 4 I mentioned. Why someone would run a more difficult SM op when you're just looking for tech frags is beyond me. You could probably do all EV/KP/DF/DP back-to-back before a pug group finishes R4 SM. More tech frags per hour.

Edited by Traceguy

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 5:15 PM, Bigfallenstar said:
On 2/8/2024 at 1:36 PM, Traceguy said:

The new Voss FP is actually pretty good, and short. Plus ZERO dialogue. If you're grinding FPs for conquest (Like me) or trying to get FP-1s, it's on the top 5 list.

The only annoyance of this FP is the flame puzzle. It feels like 99% of the time your group will consist of 3 players who are there for the first time. So they will fiddle with the flames while you're solving, and you have to politely ask that that don't touch.

This is true. SM for EV, KP, DF, and DP are quick and simple. However, on the other hand you have Dxun (I love this one), Gods, R4 for example. Can be done on SM, but their difficulty is off the charts compared to the other 4 I mentioned. Why someone would run a more difficult SM op when you're just looking for tech frags is beyond me. You could probably do all EV/KP/DF/DP back-to-back before a pug group finishes R4 SM. More tech frags per hour.

If the devs have any hope left to improve this game, they need to stop lumping all their flashpoints/ops together as the same content/reward system when there are glaring differences in total speed and boss difficulty.

Include better reward items, and reserve them for the higher tiers of flashpoints. Go back to the days when the 3-5 latest group content dungeons had a gear recommendation/restriction and separate them to a better tier of rewards. I'm tired of going through group finder only to find a failure and ragequit in Nathema or an insane sprint through Black Talon/Hammer Station

I am absolutely for more FPs, but I would like more incentive than maybe a deco every few runs if I'm lucky (bring back the one deco per boss and I can swear I will know those fps perfectly). But also yes, I would really like it if there was some min gear rating for MM FPs, running with a lvl 80 tank decked in Ossus gear is something I would like not to see again, when your rather squishy healer can take more of a beating than the tank there's something wrong.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:39 AM, LittleEwina said:

I am absolutely for more FPs, but I would like more incentive than maybe a deco every few runs if I'm lucky (bring back the one deco per boss and I can swear I will know those fps perfectly). But also yes, I would really like it if there was some min gear rating for MM FPs, running with a lvl 80 tank decked in Ossus gear is something I would like not to see again, when your rather squishy healer can take more of a beating than the tank there's something wrong.

I was talking with my friend yesterday and we agreed that mastering your discipline and the enemies is a lot more important. The type of players who want something for nothing are the same ones that will click the same 4 buttons on their quickbar and not take advantage of anything else their spec has to offer, which is how they die. Whatever gets done I hope these FPs/Ops don't get dumbed down again. They need rewards commensurate with the effort they require first, then gear limits if that hasn't motivated "Ossus" geared players to actually learn mechanics. Dumbing down the content should be a last resort. As it stands they might as well remove every group-dungeon aside from the ones that players spam if they're not going to improve rewards

22 hours ago, MagicTerror said:

I was talking with my friend yesterday and we agreed that mastering your discipline and the enemies is a lot more important. The type of players who want something for nothing are the same ones that will click the same 4 buttons on their quickbar and not take advantage of anything else their spec has to offer, which is how they die. Whatever gets done I hope these FPs/Ops don't get dumbed down again. They need rewards commensurate with the effort they require first, then gear limits if that hasn't motivated "Ossus" geared players to actually learn mechanics. Dumbing down the content should be a last resort. As it stands they might as well remove every group-dungeon aside from the ones that players spam if they're not going to improve rewards

I'm going to be honest and say that I can only sin tank so Jugg tank is not something I would feel able to tell whether the tank was doing things correctly. From what I saw he did seems to know both the mechanics and his role, but whether he came back from a long break or had just not played with that toon for a long while, the fact was that his gear was most certainly what made him fail. He did use his dcd at the right moments but he was far too squishy for our healer to be able to keep him alive. I'm pretty sure that with 320 green we could have flown throught that fp without troubles. Maybe he just thought it would be best to gear up by going directly through a mm fp, I can't say

21 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

I'm going to be honest and say that I can only sin tank so Jugg tank is not something I would feel able to tell whether the tank was doing things correctly. From what I saw he did seems to know both the mechanics and his role, but whether he came back from a long break or had just not played with that toon for a long while, the fact was that his gear was most certainly what made him fail. He did use his dcd at the right moments but he was far too squishy for our healer to be able to keep him alive. I'm pretty sure that with 320 green we could have flown throught that fp without troubles. Maybe he just thought it would be best to gear up by going directly through a mm fp, I can't say

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I recently came back to subscribing last week and I'm kind of just noticing now how much I need to relearn game-wise/catch up on gear wise. A little tooltip of gear recommendations wouldn't go amiss.

5 hours ago, MagicTerror said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I recently came back to subscribing last week and I'm kind of just noticing now how much I need to relearn game-wise/catch up on gear wise. A little tooltip of gear recommendations wouldn't go amiss.

Oh yeah, I had to get used to the new system too and I was playing when 6.X left place to 7.X, There's thankfully a bunch of guide to help people gear up online, but what I told that poor tank was to go and buy a set of 320 green gear to begin with because that was the basic stepping stone, unless he wanted to do what story he had missed since then because it would ensure his gear lvl would go up. (pretty sure there's still those gear box in the Legacy of the Sith missions reward)