Ability to change the lightsaber sound to specific hilts

Crazymanik

Hi! I'd love if we could change the lightsaber sound of the specific hilts. Some hilts look really nice, but have an awful sound. I'm a Star Wars tradicionalist, so I like the default Jedi or Sith (Darth Vader's lightsaber from the Original Trilogy) lighstaber sounds 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crazymanik said:

I'm a Star Wars tradicionalist, so I like the default Jedi or Sith (Darth Vader's lightsaber from the Original Trilogy) lighstaber sounds 

^ Real Star Wars fan.

Me too =]

Yeah, it sucks when you find a Lightsaber you really like but the sound of it isn't pleasing to the ear. And vice versa.

That would be a really, really good QoL feature right there.

+1

2 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Yeah, it sucks when you find a Lightsaber you really like but the sound of it isn't pleasing to the ear. And vice versa.

That would be a really, really good QoL feature

Totally agree , but unfortunately  BioWare has decided they would rather us Jedi/Sith   continue spending RL money$ on hilt re-skins x infinity from some non-immersive  separate limbo Cartel "Market' , instead of actually CRAFTING  our lightsabers properly with resources & customization ( like we did in our initial Class story, as well as within Chapter 12 of 'KOTFE' to some degree ) .  Then & only then would changing *sound* of our hilts make sense.....and....be FUN !

Sad part is, the code for such crafting & customization already exists in the game--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/906394-dear-bioware-please-consider-crafting-ideas-for-10th-anniversary/

@BryantWood please please please  consider implenting this ^ in a future/soon update.  Tell  EA they could still get our RL money$  for the hilt 'skins' ( and names/styles ) and maybe u guys could  also add a new CM  item or sub-slot  connected to 'Tunings' that would alter *sound* for other weapons like blasters.  But let us CRAFT & CONSTRUCT our lightsabers too. :sy_item:  ( actually being able to CRAFT & piece together our weapons as other Classes like BH would be cool too tbh )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: why can't BioWare give us a better balance between CM cash-cow and SWTOR lore immersion/crafting?!?!?!

Agreed. It's time Bioware employees like @JackieKo acknowledge this, and stop using cheap royalty-free laser-sword sound effects you'd expect to see in a $1 budget sci-fi movie. Either let us change the sound for ignition/retraction, or stop using cheap fake non-Star Wars sound effects.

Edited by Traceguy

14 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Totally agree , but unfortunately  BioWare has decided they would rather us Jedi/Sith   continue spending RL money$ on hilt re-skins x infinity from some non-immersive  separate limbo Cartel "Market' , instead of actually CRAFTING  our lightsabers properly

Sad but true. :(

At the end of the day we have to remember that ultimately this game is a business and like any business we should expect Bioware/EA act like one. While for us, the bottom line is fun and entertainment and experiencing something 'Star Wars-esque', for them the bottomline remains (and always will) about making money.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx