It's time to stop forcing the Quesh Storyline onto people.

Traceguy

You have auto hidden exploration quests, and have removed 2 heroic quest givers from the game in the name of "Don't overwhelm the player", yet you still force all players to pick up the Quesh storyline before they're allowed to step foot on Quesh. Stop it! 

50 minutes ago, MortenJessen said:

The Quest story line, for all but one class (the Knight), can be done in less than 10 minutes. The Knight story takes about 15. What is the major problem??

You may have read the title, but you didn't read the post. I already wrote the problem. And since you decided to post the time completions, I think it's fair I point out for you, these quests are side quests, they are optional, so the time completion is 100% irrelevant.

• Like 1

Every single person who has commented so far has not read the OP. Here it is again.

You have auto hidden exploration quests, and have removed 2 heroic quest givers from the game in the name of "Don't overwhelm the player", yet you still force all players to pick up the Quesh storyline before they're allowed to step foot on Quesh. Stop it! 

For the illiterate:

1. You have auto hidden exploration quests under the guise of "Don't overwhelm the player"

2. You have removed 2 heroic quest givers from the game under the guise of "Don't overwhelm the player"

3. YET. You force all players to pick up the Quesh storyline before they're allowed to step foot on Quesh

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Every single person who has commented so far has not read the OP. Here it is again.

For the illiterate:

1. You have auto hidden exploration quests under the guise of "Don't overwhelm the player"

2. You have removed 2 heroic quest givers from the game under the guise of "Don't overwhelm the player"

3. YET. You force all players to pick up the Quesh storyline before they're allowed to step foot on Quesh

Most of them did read the OP.  Some of them have given advice on what to do about it currently.  They haven't said the idea is one that shouldn't be done.  Can it be done or will it be done is the question.  I don't know if the way they coded the game makes them unable to change the requirement to take the quest or just too much work for not enough payoff.  It could even be that they won't change the quest because of the fact that it is part of the mainline story.  The exploration quests and heroic quests while adding to the story aren't part of the main story the game is telling.  

I read the OP, I just don't see why it's a problem.

It's a way to keep underlevelled players off Quesh.  I don't have a problem with them keeping it in the game. 

You still get the occassional newer player rushing through class quest only then whining that the game is too hard when they're 5 or more levels below the planet they're on.  Quesh is just the first place that actually tells those players to level up already.

19 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

You can accept the mission, get that poke in the arm inoculation, and then abandon the mission right away.

No need to carry it in your log, once you're flagged for quesh that flag doesn't go away.

Huh.  I didn't know that.  I thought it depended on having the mission in your log (open), or having completed it.  Thanks.

17 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Most of them did read the OP.  

I assure, ALL of them did not, because 100% of their replies were irrelevant to anything I had said, and derailed the conversation into either "Ignore it", or "It only takes 15 minutes".

Edited by Traceguy

15 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It's a way to keep underlevelled players off Quesh. 

So out of all the planets in the game, we must keep underleveled players off Quesh? God forbid an underleveled player go to Tatooine, Hoth, Ossus, Belsavis, Alderaan, Ruhnuk, etc.

Edited by Traceguy

It's Bioware. You expect anything to make sense or for there to be in consistency?

No going to Quesh before you reach it in the storyline. Can I assume there is some seasons content requiring people go to Quesh? These are the same guys giving players daily rewards from OG game content areas that requires them to have access to areas requiring they play KotFE+ content to turn in. So if you're not interested in KotFE+ content they just gave you the finger. 

1 hour ago, Dayshadow said:

No going to Quesh before you reach it in the storyline.

It's closer to "No going to Quesh before you're high enough level to not be immediately killed by any random weak mob on the planet that you can't even scratch."  You can go to a planet ahead of your class story progression and do its <Story Arc> missions just fine.

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

So out of all the planets in the game, we must keep underleveled players off Quesh? God forbid an underleveled player go to Tatooine, Hoth, Ossus, Belsavis, Alderaan, Ruhnuk, etc.

Well, it does have the advantage of there being a Quesh-story reason justifying the restriction, which you can't really say for the others.  (Except maybe Belsavis and Voss, where there are questions of permits to land there and all that.)

21 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It's closer to "No going to Quesh before you're high enough level to not be immediately killed by any random weak mob on the planet that you can't even scratch."  You can go to a planet ahead of your class story progression and do its <Story Arc> missions just fine.

Well, it does have the advantage of there being a Quesh-story reason justifying the restriction, which you can't really say for the others.  (Except maybe Belsavis and Voss, where there are questions of permits to land there and all that.)

Can you go to higher level planets like Hoth, Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, Mek-sha, etc. prior to reaching the appropriate level? That was the point the OP brought up, which kind of flies in the face of the level restriction narrative. You can be level 80 and still unable to go there unless you reach that point in the class story.

10 minutes ago, Dayshadow said:

Can you go to higher level planets like Hoth, Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, Mek-sha, etc. prior to reaching the appropriate level? That was the point the OP brought up, which kind of flies in the face of the level restriction narrative. You can be level 80 and still unable to go there unless you reach that point in the class story.

Yes, you can go to those planets regardless of level.  Quesh is the only planet that has a level restriction, Zakuul, Iokath, and Darvanis are the only planets that have a progression restriction.  You do not have to progress the origin story to travel to Quesh, you only have to be high enough level to accept the mission.  That mission is the planetary arc, which operate irrespective of the origin story.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Traceguy said:

You do realize once you've talked to the person in the port to use the shuttle, you can just Abandon the quest that you pick up at that point right? BW doesn't make you do the quesh planetary storyline. so you can easily just drop that and only do your Class story quest after you can get to the planet surface.

Edited by Toraak

2 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

To be fair... If you are not level 50-55 by the time you are hitting Quesh, you are doing something wrong anyway. Lets just remember what level Quesh was originally designed for, and then tell me how the level restriction ever comes into play ??

The restriction comes from when the game first launched.  There were a lot of people who ran into it because they were one or two levels too low.   It took time to level back then.  Even now I see the occasional person ask why they can’t pick up the quest.  Not sure if they are F2P or what.  

Edited by Darcmoon

On 4/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Traceguy said:

I just take the quest and then port my lazy butt somewhere else once i talk to that one dude. Theoretically you can cancel it after that but i generally just leave it there somewhat languishing lol

As someone who has finished level 50 class story at 43-44 with no problems, I totally agree that locking out of Quesh until you are a certain level is silly and always just forces you to go do heroics and side missions, derailing the immersion of just going straight through the main story.  I wish they would either lower the level required to start the Quesh mission (if you could start it at 7 levels below, that would be great) or stop requiring it to do other Quesh stuff.  I mean, I get that they don't want people to unwittingly stumble into an area they are totally unprepared for, but the level of the mission is listed clearly in the mission log, and if people don't care about the challenge of being underleveled, then why not let them play underleveled.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, Darcmoon said:

The restriction comes from when the game first launched.  There were a lot of people who ran into it because they were one or two levels too low.   It took time to level back then.  Even now I see the occasional person ask why they can’t pick up the quest.  Not sure if they are F2P or what.  

If you only play class story and ignore planet, side, exploration and heroics you can definitely reach there before having required level. More so as f2p/preferred.

This is so true, every single class story I play through I get to Quesh and then later Voss WAY underleveled (like 6-8 levels under depending on the run) every single time, the story alone does not give enough XP to stay at level, and that is with using rested XP as much as possible, constantly popping major XP boosts, and doing as many bonus missions as possible.  I play stealth 99% of the time so I know I get less XP than intended because I am not killing most stuff, but even the few times I did not play stealth I got to those underleveled... plus you would think the boosts should be enough to make up for the measly XP you get from killing enemies. 

Maybe we just need a suggestion post of "give out more XP from class story missions" lol

4 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

This is so true, every single class story I play through I get to Quesh and then later Voss WAY underleveled (like 6-8 levels under depending on the run) every single time, the story alone does not give enough XP to stay at level, and that is with using rested XP as much as possible, constantly popping major XP boosts, and doing as many bonus missions as possible.  I play stealth 99% of the time so I know I get less XP than intended because I am not killing most stuff, but even the few times I did not play stealth I got to those underleveled... plus you would think the boosts should be enough to make up for the measly XP you get from killing enemies. 

Maybe we just need a suggestion post of "give out more XP from class story missions" lol

Your not supposed to fully level off of nothing but class story, even now. Especially on a stealth class you'll need to do some other activities to stay at the correct level of the planets you were supposed to be when the game launched. I personally do GSF while questing, but WZ's, FP's, Heroics all work well to stay at level. 

As for forcing people to do the quesh planetary storyline, they don't. Your required to talk to the person before shuttling down to the planet, but once that is done everyone has the ability to abandan the quesh planetary arc and only do the class story on quesh and move on.

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

As for forcing people to do the quesh planetary storyline, they don't. Your required to talk to the person before shuttling down to the planet, but once that is done everyone has the ability to abandan the quesh planetary arc and only do the class story on quesh and move on.

The issue is not with being forced to PLAY the mission (you can abandon it whenever), it is with not even being able to GO to Quesh to do the next step in the class story unless you are at a high enough level to pick up the mission, forcing you to do side content to level up that you may not want to do if you don't want to interrupt the flow of playing through the story straight through.

Having to go do other side stuff to level up more should be optional, but because Quesh locks you out based on level and the class story doesn't give enough xp it basically isn't.  Either class story should give more xp or Quesh quest should be entirely optional, or both, imo