A new stronghold. Taris!

Trintric

I'd like to suggest a new stronghold on Taris. One for each faction. The Republic stronghold would look out on a world given a fresh start. All bright blue skies with construction and farms and puppies and kittens. The Imperial would look out over a world broken and destroyed. A dismal sky, shattered buildings, lakes of poison and madness run rampent.

Either way you can look out with pride at the world you helped create.

Edited by Trintric
Thought of a better line.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of having a penthouse way the hell up in one of those busted towers, looking down on everything, one wall completely ripped out, flooring missing in places, girders exposed, and the occasional rakghoul loping through the living room.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, AbsolutGrndZero said:

While I like that idea, not sure it would fit with how they are essentially two different planets.  They'd have to hard lock them to each faction, and not sure they are going do that.

I don't think a Jedi can live on Dromund Kaas, or a Sith on Coruscant, so I think hard locking stronghold types to one faction or another is already a solved problem.

1 hour ago, JCDenton said:

I don't think a Jedi can live on Dromund Kaas, or a Sith on Coruscant, so I think hard locking stronghold types to one faction or another is already a solved problem.

You just have to pay a small fee to get smuggled to the opposite faction SH. but either way it wouldn't be a problem. although I think there are better options for new SHs than Taris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UGH!

[/facepalm]

No thanks!  The latest SH is depressing enough!

Taris is the one planet I can't get off of fast enough!  There's just something about looking outside and seeing all of the splendors of post apocryphal destruction that just doesn't quite strike my fancy!  (Not for a stronghold)

• Like 1

I don't think they would need to do two strongholds, you just have a kind of barbel-shaped map with an outdoor reclaimed area on one side, outdoor ruined area on the other side, and the main stronghold building running between them. With the entrance in the center of the building so you can unlock just the side(s) you want.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, OlBuzzard said:

UGH!

[/facepalm]

No thanks!  The latest SH is depressing enough!

Taris is the one planet I can't get off of fast enough!  There's just something about looking outside and seeing all of the splendors of post apocryphal destruction that just doesn't quite strike my fancy!  (Not for a stronghold)

Omg, ikr to Taris sh - yikes. 

Although I absolutely love the new Mek-Sha stronghold <3, the best ever, so I definitely disagree with you on Mek-Sha.

-1 to OP, Strongly Opposed to Taris sh - Taris looks horrid and is about the last place where I would ever want a stronghold.  Would vastly much rather see a Season 3 Episode 8 ending The Mandalorian style Nevarro stronghold with a Grogu alien frog pond: ridiculously better green scenery.

23 hours ago, blacksilverroar said:

Omg, ikr to Taris sh - yikes. 

Although I absolutely love the new Mek-Sha stronghold <3, the best ever, so I definitely disagree with you on Mek-Sha.

-1 to OP, Strongly Opposed to Taris sh - Taris looks horrid and is about the last place where I would ever want a stronghold.  Would vastly much rather see a Season 3 Episode 8 ending The Mandalorian style Nevarro stronghold with a Grogu alien frog pond: ridiculously better green scenery.

That's cool bud!  I doubt I'll ever see a space station on the outer rim (not a flat IN a station).  If you like Mek-Sha that's cool.  

Any ways ... yeah .. I agree (sorry no to Taris SH)