7.2.1a Patch not installing correctly?

Faefrost

So I start the game client, it downloads and installs todays 7.2.1a patch/fix, then on attempt to connect to the servers it tells me my client version does not match the servers and it's redownloading the entire 35 Gb 7.2.1 patch again. 

and now I seem to be in an eternal loop. Redownload and "Your Current Game Version Does NOt match the servers. Please restart the game. Follow the Help Center LInk Below for more information (There is no help center link below either).

Same here. I was able to login earlier today, but then tried to login around 7:30 pm Pacific and something else downloaded. Now, I'm getting the same error "Your current game version does not match the servers. Please restart the game. Follow the Help Center link below for more information." There is no help center link below and the game shuts down if I click "OK" or close the popup.

I am also getting this error.  I've had the same as above a redownload of 40 gb.  Verison does not match.  Download another 2gbs.  Version does not match.  Now it's downloading the 40 gbs again.

EDIT: Second download did not work.  I'm still getting the error message.

EDIT2:  Ok, I just figured out that if you DON'T press the Ok button, and just select your character and press play, it will let you into the game.  The warning message does come up everytime, but just DON"T press the ok button.

Edited by Fenrirxero

On 4/7/2023 at 8:33 PM, OwenBrooks said:

try changing the language on the launcher , then switch back

Also fails.  Also that's a terrible workaround.  Let's request solutions that don't require two 40gb(ish) downloads and not waste people's time offering solutions we haven't tested or fully understand ourselves, even especially if they are terrible.  

• Like 1

I live in North America.  I logged out at 4 pm.  I tried to log in at 7 pm and now I'm waiting for a large download.  I didn't play for a year.  Now I'm feeling kind of stupid about resubscribing.  After waiting 10 minutes, the game tried to start, but I got the blue circle of death.  Second try the game hung up on another downloading screen.  Logged out of my windows profile and back in.  Waited for another game update, then it finally started.  Took 45 minutes.  Not happy.

Edited by VonDooomm
Update

2 hours ago, TwoLekku said:

Also fails.  Also that's a terrible workaround.  Let's request solutions that don't require two 40gb(ish) downloads and not waste people's time offering solutions we haven't tested or fully understand ourselves, even especially if they are terrible.  

See https://forums.swtor.com/topic/928583-current-game-version-does-not-match-the-servers/?do=findComment&comment=9750777

12 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

I didn't fail to understand the 'workaround'.  It didn't work for me.  It's not working for others, too.  If it's a solution with variable and random success rates, it's not a proper solution.  Stop suggesting it - unless you fully understand the code behind why it works for some people and not others, in which case you should be offering a much more detailed explanation.  So either provide much more detail or stop offering half-baked suggestions.

1 hour ago, TwoLekku said:

I didn't fail to understand the 'workaround'.  It didn't work for me.  It's not working for others, too.  If it's a solution with variable and random success rates, it's not a proper solution.  Stop suggesting it - unless you fully understand the code behind why it works for some people and not others, in which case you should be offering a much more detailed explanation.  So either provide much more detail or stop offering half-baked suggestions.

You know that @OwenBrooks is a player like us, and not a BioWare employee, right?

I guess the problem I have in all this is that there's something wrong with my computer, such that SWTOR just works on it without any of the problems that people are railing about.

And the same for my other computer, the one that's twelve years old and is barely strong enough to run SWTOR-64.  (And can't manage better than Medium graphics at 30-35 FPS...)

@Faefrost

This can be caused by ISP transparent caching , usually resolves on its own when they refresh if its the case, have seen cases in the past were it took a day in think was israel for example

The only other cause i can think of is if there is a write issue for the manifest file , if that cant update you wont get the latest version 

If you try using a VPN and it works ok the issue is internet based in that you are getting the wrong manifest

I just had a similar issue. Mine only downloaded a few MB and gave me the mismatch in the character screen. When clicking "Ok" and the game closing, I tried again. The launcher didn't download anything when logging in, and (as expected) the game gave the same message when it loaded. I tried this several more times. About the fourth try the launcher downloaded several MB again. My intent was to run the repair and see if that would fix the mismatch. I decided to launch the game instead, and now it has no mismatch error.