The Reflections of the Cold Moon mission is a mobile game tactic designed to get players to unlock the companion account wide

remylion

12 hours ago, tattoohero said:

No, you don't have to stand around for 10 minutes.  You are making that choice.  Nothing stopping you from doing something else, like heroics, go work on something else, to go the other planet you can meditate at:?  

I decided to do this at the end of doing a bunch of other activities, and then log out so I could return at the same place the next day without having to wait - only to find that it didn't work that way.  But why shouldn't the timer tick down while I'm logged out?  The way it is now seems like an anti-convenience measure. 

In this, as in a few other parts of the game, I don't see why "how the devs intend us to play" should be more important than how we want to play.  Dev intentions are all very well, but why should they impede us having fun?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Estelindis said:

I decided to do this at the end of doing a bunch of other activities, and then log out so I could return at the same place the next day without having to wait - only to find that it didn't work that way.  But why shouldn't the timer tick down while I'm logged out?  The way it is now seems like an anti-convenience measure. 

In this, as in a few other parts of the game, I don't see why "how the devs intend us to play" should be more important than how we want to play.  Dev intentions are all very well, but why should they impede us having fun?

if the timer counted down while logged out it would be less of an issue. What you did was perfectly reasonable and very roleplay  : )

Edited by remylion
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 5:11 AM, Amodin said:

The previous three seasons, we could advance with either coins or credits.  Credits aren't even an option this season.  Really?

and just like in the previous three seasons, the "catch up" / pay with credits option is something that isnt immediately available and progresses slowly once it becomes available

or have you not actually been paying attention to how galactic seasons work?

Also, this seasonal objective is one of the "easy" ones for people who are low level or don't/can't do the more difficult ones like NiM Pil or Vet KOTxx chapter.

To put it bluntly, if you have no skills, this is the objective for you. You exchange your time for an objective.

If you don't like it, do something else, like the dark project one. You can log out while you wait, and dark project actually sells for decent credits.

45 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Also, this seasonal objective is one of the "easy" ones for people who are low level or don't/can't do the more difficult ones like NiM Pil or Vet KOTxx chapter.

To put it bluntly, if you have no skills, this is the objective for you. You exchange your time for an objective.

If you don't like it, do something else, like the dark project one. You can log out while you wait, and dark project actually sells for decent credits.

the timer only counts down while you are logged in.

I think the immediate dismissive reaction to that objective is quite typical here. I actually really like this objective, because it is something completely different and contemplative than the farm quests and it adds new places to the environment where you can meet and sit down with strangers. You know, being a community in an MMO.

The only real issue with it is the already mentioned 10 minute cooldown timer that does not run down when your character is not logged in. That is dumb indeed, but I still give BioWare the benefit of the doubt and change it just as they have been changing objectives in past Seasons.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

and just like in the previous three seasons, the "catch up" / pay with credits option is something that isnt immediately available and progresses slowly once it becomes available

or have you not actually been paying attention to how galactic seasons work?

Obviously, you haven't read this entire thread where I posted a reply to the two others before you (respectfully) also pointed this out.

Or have you come here to just pick out one thread you could bash on to be a jackass and not pay attention to the thread?  Jackass.

• Like 1

You get the exhaustion debuff when you reach 51 points. You can just stop before that happens, log out, log back in on the same character and continue.

If you get fewer than 51 points every time you relog you will never get the debuff.

Edited by SilverChap
  • Like 6

I did it on 4 toons just to try it since the achievement is legacy-shared. May not be the option for those doing it on one toon only, but, as others mentioned, can be easily done over a few days. The laziest activity so far from GS.

Not a fan of Amity overall. It's like he's got a combination of the worst trates. Human character with no face. Selonian voice (which is scratchy and can be hard on the ears) without a cool-cat vibe Deadeye Leyta carries. And a pacifist to top it all which is barely passable with a very LS Jedi, an eyebrow raising with everyone else, and pretty much unacceptable with any DS-leaning character.

Edited by VegaMist

3 hours ago, SilverChap said:

You get the exhaustion debuff when you reach 51 points. You can just stop before that happens, log out, log back in on the same character and continue.

If you get fewer than 51 points every time you relog you will never get the debuff.

Thank you for that.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:33 AM, remylion said:

First, meditating is a waste of 2 minutes staring at your screen while your character does nothing. This is not fun or engaging.

Second, you add a 10 minute cooldown on "meditation". The only reason this exists is to try and get people to unlock Amity account wide so other characters can meditate skipping the 10 minute cooldown. And you have to mediate 4 times?

SWTOR is now using mobile game tactics to keep players "engaged" and spending CC to bypass the 10 minute cooldown.

What other mobile game tactics have you woven into Galactic Season 4?

Have you not noticed that since 7.0 it's been nothing but adding delays to slow your progression down?  This is the development team's idea of content.

33 minutes ago, akdonkey said:

Have you not noticed that since 7.0 it's been nothing but adding delays to slow your progression down?  This is the development team's idea of content.

no but it is there idea of engagement which translates to money

Lmao there's  a very simple solution. This is an easy 8 season points. Meditate until the debuff. Then go off and do another mission. Return after the mission and meditate more. Rinse repeat. It also works well between warzone pops where ur just standing around anyways. Wzs take like 10 or 15 minutes regardless so once u load back in u can meditate again. The mechanics of this aren't bad at whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

Lmao there's  a very simple solution. This is an easy 8 season points. Meditate until the debuff. Then go off and do another mission. Return after the mission and meditate more. Rinse repeat. It also works well between warzone pops where ur just standing around anyways. Wzs take like 10 or 15 minutes regardless so once u load back in u can meditate again. The mechanics of this aren't bad at whatsoever. 

this is probably one to skip. running back and forth to DK every 10-20 minutes can be annoying. I'm not sure where the the apartments for capitols drop you off, but if it is close to the meditation area it would greatly reduce the hassle.

I think I did The Hunt in less than 10 minutes last week for 12 points. The whole meditation thing is not something I want to bother with next time it comes around.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:18 AM, GeneralGyro said:

they want you to do something else while you wait , hopefully quick travel to a heroic or something.

Make coffee, fold laundry, check the mail on the street, read the obits in the paper, and clip my toenails.

6 hours ago, remylion said:

this is probably one to skip. running back and forth to DK every 10-20 minutes can be annoying. I'm not sure where the the apartments for capitols drop you off, but if it is close to the meditation area it would greatly reduce the hassle.

I think I did The Hunt in less than 10 minutes last week for 12 points. The whole meditation thing is not something I want to bother with next time it comes around.

If you exit from ur apartment it drops u right off at the meditation area. 

8 hours ago, remylion said:

Do it on a Pub toon. Meditate, do one of the Coruscant heroics, come back (timer is up by then), rinse and repeat (don't even need to quick travel as some of the time you spend walking back lowers the timer and you can get mob loot doing it). By the time you're done meditating you've finished the Coruscant weekly as well

• Like 1