How does dual queue work?

krackcommando

1 hour ago, krackcommando said:

I usually queue both WZ and arenas unless I'm desperate to finish one of the quests.

is there any way to prioritize which one I want? 

is there a way to get the arenas as a first priority or vice versa?

Nope.

Not unless you *hack*  code. ;)

I've tried queue'ing  WZ/Arena/GSF  in certain orders before ( all possible combos ) and it doesn't matter which one i click queue 1st .

All depends upon BioWare's algorithm + players already in same queue at that specific time of day.

This is why you might see people spamming chat  "q arenas plz"  or whatever needed.

However, i believe the new queue system for tomorrow's patch might prioritize  amount-of-time-having-been-queue'd  max limit, but we don't know exactly how long that amount is yet.

Edited by Nee-Elder

I suspect it's effectively acting as independent matchmakers.  So if you're in a pool for say WZs, the warzone matchmaker will see you in the WZ queue and make matches based on that "blind" to what other queues you might be in.  If it puts you in a match it will remove you from all other queues as part of the match start process, but that's the limit of the queues "talking" to each other.  So, no, there's not priority other than each queue trying to make a match from it's pool as quickly as possible.

51 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

In before someone complains about getting a deserter debuff because the system bugs out & tries to pop you into 2 matches at once 😂🤣

deserter debuff is all the rage.  Why not apply it to players randomly throughout pvp and pve?  Let everyone enjoy it.  Brainstorm:  let's have a login debuff.  Players must wait 15 minutes after logging in to get to character select screen. 

I dual queued my first 3 pops, and they were all arenas, which is highly unusual. I usually press the arena button first, but I don't think that actually means anything. it's just that...getting only arena pops that are very quick and not all the same 8 ppl seemed highly unusual. after the first 3 I just stayed in the one queue to knock out the weekly.