Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Don't let Experianced palyersneed to to early lvl flaspoints

dynatrope

2 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Well you should not expect to make people who have played the game for 10 years have to watch a minute long cutscene of Engineers working with the question "Murder these engineers or capture them". 

Why the <censored> do you care about cutscenes when you used Group Finder? If you didn't talk the the quest giver for that flashpoint, you have no idea why your character is even there, so why do you care for the story?

If the 30s or so it takes to watch most cutscene is too long for you then you shouldn't be using group-finder to run veteran flashpoints.  

When I first tried out the vet flashpoints, it was pick up the quest from the questgiver, walk in, go as far as I could solo (I didn't start out capable of solo'ing them.  most players don't).  Then leave and reque with the group-finder.  I haven't forgotten what it was like be both new and rather poor at my class.

I rarely run vet fp now but when I do I don't expect speed runs.  No one has a right to always do speedruns through group-finder.

Veteran flashpoints are where new players are supposed to be.  It's where you see the content, get a little experience at your class and start learning the mechanics.

If you use group-finder for veteran flashpoints then you are accepting the chance that a new or non-elite player will join and that it might not be a speedrun.

12 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

If the 30s or so it takes to watch most cutscene is too long for you then you shouldn't be using group-finder to run veteran flashpoints.  

How else is one to suppose to complete the conquest objectives on a daily bases?

On 3/23/2023 at 8:07 PM, DWho said:

The list of flashpoints without Solo modes is very long: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Collicoid War Games, Red Reaper, Kaon Under Seige, Lost Island, Kuat Drive Yards, Czerka Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown.

Most of those so easy they could be soloed, but the problem is the kolto stations are not working if you don't have a group, and that tends to make some of them a bit more difficult, especially when you need to micromanage your not so intelligent companion at the same time.

Fix them koltos, and people can run those flashpoints solo using veteran mode instance. 

• Like 1

Honestly, if the group is taking too long or watching the cutscenes, I just esc out of the cutscene and leave. I have 20 toons I'm trying to run through the weeklies. A 20 minute penalty is nothing. I just jump to another toon and go from there. I'm sure this is what most people. do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.