What's the lowest level you can get to fleet?

Screaming_Ziva

I've tried a few times on an Inquisitor with no boosts, no guild, not killing anything I didn't have to, and only doing the story quests and the lowest I have been able to get to fleet is level 7.  I'm not sure it's possible to get to fleet at level 6 for an Inquisitor.  Can any other classes get to fleet at level 6?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

23 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

At 8, I can exit to fleet from my stronghold.

I didn't even think of that.  It looks like at level 7 I can also exit to fleet from my SH (haven't gotten my fleet pass yet). 

Wonder what the minimum level is to exit to fleet from your SH.

EDIT: Just checked, it's 7.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Actually, once you've finished at least one origin story up to the point when they send your character to Ilum, you can get to Fleet at level 1 on other characters.

Simply exit the starter instance and launch the "choose a second combat style" mission and either complete it or bail out of it.  You get moved to the Fleet, so you are on the Fleet at level 1.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 1:22 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Actually, once you've finished at least one origin story up to the point when they send your character to Ilum, you can get to Fleet at level 1 on other characters.

Simply exit the starter instance and launch the "choose a second combat style" mission and either complete it or bail out of it.  You get moved to the Fleet, so you are on the Fleet at level 1.

I was going to suggest this one. If you have the Combat Style mission immediately after creation, you can start it, press Esc, and it drops you on the Fleet at level 1. With enough perks, interacting with all of the crew skill NPCs, if you have unlocked enough Titles, and 2 Lore objects on Fleet, you can usually get to level 4 or 5 without starting your main origin missions.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, parchedgoose said:

Since I have a legacy of 50 and multiple strongholds I can go to either of them at lvl1 basically to manage all the starter mail and cargo hold and even exit right to fleet if I so desire.   Kind of weird though.

I'm pretty sure, when I tried this, the only exit was Return to [origin planet], and all of the other three were grayed out. At least until level 7.

Edited by WHTJunior

They patched this a long time ago. With 7.1 I believe.

18 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

They patched this a long time ago. With 7.1 I believe.

I can test this later, but I was doing this over the summer last year. Created 8 new characters, started Combat Styles mission, press Esc, and get dropped on Fleet at level 1.

22 minutes ago, denavin said:

But the only reason a player would want to get to Fleet at level 1 is to be a Credit Seller, there is nothing for a level 1 player on Fleet.

This is actually a way to get Crew Skills like Bioanalysis or Scavenging (and complete the [Introduction to Crew Skills] mission, to start gathering on the starter planet, and at that level, speaking to all of them pushes a lot of XP. I was getting characters to level 5 after talking to all of them, claiming all of my Titles from Collections, and reading the two lore objects on Fleet. While there, I also often withdraw a standard amount of credits to start off, dress my character appropriately for the starter planet, buy all available character perks, and generally complete all Character Maintenance tasks before jumping into the class story.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WHTJunior said:

I can test this later, but I was doing this over the summer last year. Created 8 new characters, started Combat Styles mission, press Esc, and get dropped on Fleet at level 1.

Yes summer 2022 is when It last worked. I used this trick a lot on new toons. Around October 2022 it was patched.

I actually just tried this and it stuck me back on Korriban.

5 hours ago, denavin said:

But the only reason a player would want to get to Fleet at level 1 is to be a Credit Seller, there is nothing for a level 1 player on Fleet.

Another reason to go to Fleet at level one would be to grab Outfitter items from the Collector's Edition vendor or the social items vendor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the hard way if you go to Fleet before you finish your Starter Planet story you can't get back. You don't have your ship yet, so you can't access the hangar. You weren't given your shuttle pass, so you can't use the shuttle to get back. Your Stronghold short cut doesn't work because your last destination is Fleet. It loses the connection to your Starter Planet. I had to get Customer Service to put me back.

2 hours ago, Hadsil said:

I learned the hard way if you go to Fleet before you finish your Starter Planet story you can't get back. You don't have your ship yet, so you can't access the hangar. You weren't given your shuttle pass, so you can't use the shuttle to get back. Your Stronghold short cut doesn't work because your last destination is Fleet. It loses the connection to your Starter Planet. I had to get Customer Service to put me back.

That's odd.

I have been playing this game for several years. Just about every character I ever created always travelled to the fleet as soon as he or she was high enough in level (because I always wanted to get the Crew Skills as soon as possible, among other things), and I never had any difficulty returning to the starter planet to complete it.

I would just have my character go to the "Tython and Ord Mantell Departures" or "Korriban and Hutta Departures" section of the fleet and take the shuttle back. I don't remember ever needing a shuttle pass for it.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, Traceguy said:
On 2/13/2023 at 2:42 PM, WHTJunior said:

Yes summer 2022 is when It last worked. I used this trick a lot on new toons. Around October 2022 it was patched.

I just tested this today, and pressing Esc before completing the [Training and Skills] mission does, in fact, drop you on fleet. Tested successfully on a level 1 Imperial Agent at 5:10pm Central Time on 02/26/2023.

On 2/13/2023 at 9:13 PM, denavin said:

From Stronghold you can get to Fleet at Level 1.

- some want special armor from fleet vendors
- if you wanna power level, this gives you a boost.

All you have to do is go to the "combat" section of the fleet and select a heroic from your starter planet. That would take you back to it.

3 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

I didn’t think you could get those heroics at level one.  

A character would have to be Level 7 to travel to the fleet, and you can get the starter planet heroics at Level 7.

By the way, folks, I created a new character to check this out, and yes, you can travel back and forth between the fleet and starter planet if you haven't finished the starter planet storyline yet. I don't know why it wouldn't have worked for somebody else.

1 minute ago, ShadowyKai said:

A character would have to be Level 7 to travel to the fleet, and you can get the starter planet heroics at Level 7.

By the way, folks, I created a new character to check this out, and yes, you can travel back and forth between the fleet and starter planet if you haven't finished the starter planet storyline yet. I don't know why it wouldn't have worked for somebody else.

If you check a bit above, someone was able to get to fleet at level one using the secondary style mission.  Normally you would be right in needing to be seven and getting the heroic as one way back.  But the person who said they couldn’t get back never said what level they were. 

2 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

Thanks for testing it out! I've never tried to get to fleet super-early myself, but I can confirm that an Imperial Agent can definitely use the shuttle from the fleet back to Hutta before the starter planet storyline is done.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:33 PM, WHTJunior said:

I'm pretty sure, when I tried this, the only exit was Return to [origin planet], and all of the other three were grayed out. At least until level 7.

Re: exiting SH to the fleet at level 1 - you are correct.  I go to my stronghold with all my level 1s but cannot exit to fleet as the option is not available to low levels (greyed out).

• Like 1