The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP seasons week 7: Why are there no {catch-up} credit unlocks like we've been told (up to lv15)? - FIX this

blacksilverlord

PvP seasons week 7:  Why are there no {catch-up} credit unlocks like we've been told (up to lv15)?  The economy needs credit sinks like this.

Seen from sources like swtorista and vullk that we'd be able to catch-up with pvp seasons 1 starting week 7, this week, and yet nothing.  Not cool at all getting passed bogus information for the past 7 weeks only to get shafted when the time comes >: (

Fix this so that players can pay to use the {catch-up} feature in pvp seasons 1, like its regular seasons counterpart (which doesn't unlock much for lv 1-15 btw)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

TBH my personal opinion is that completing the pvp season is tough. To get the most out of the season, it was a ton of effort. The two weekly achievements were difficult to complete.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about allowing players to simply buy their way up the ladder after seeing how much effort was needed. That feels like it invalidates the amount of effort I put into this thing. 

With that being said, if they were to include a pay to catch up method it probably will arrive when the current galactic season ends. And, there has not been an announcement on an end date to the pvp season to my knowledge. Lastly, it still would require tremendous effort to get all the pvp medals so the effort level is at least protected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Shwarzchild said:

TBH my personal opinion is that completing the pvp season is tough. To get the most out of the season, it was a ton of effort. The two weekly achievements were difficult to complete.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about allowing players to simply buy their way up the ladder after seeing how much effort was needed. That feels like it invalidates the amount of effort I put into this thing. 

With that being said, if they were to include a pay to catch up method it probably will arrive when the current galactic season ends. And, there has not been an announcement on an end date to the pvp season to my knowledge. Lastly, it still would require tremendous effort to get all the pvp medals so the effort level is at least protected.

PvP's last day for season one is March 6th, as 7th is the Tue reset.  It's a 12 week season, and we're halfway done.  The pvp track may be grindy, but it has nothing on the 25 weekly objectives for both arena & wz.  That's just insane and I hope S2 does not follow in it's footsteps. 

6 minutes ago, Setta said:

PvP's last day for season one is March 6th, as 7th is the Tue reset.  It's a 12 week season, and we're halfway done.  The pvp track may be grindy, but it has nothing on the 25 weekly objectives for both arena & wz.  That's just insane and I hope S2 does not follow in it's footsteps. 

Completely agree that if there is a season 2, I hope they change some things too. The amount of arenas per week I'd definitely like to see lowered.  Oddly enough though, I ended up enjoying the arenas way more than the warzones.  But, still a lot of arenas it was.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shwarzchild said:

Completely agree that if there is a season 2, I hope they change some things too. The amount of arenas per week I'd definitely like to see lowered.  Oddly enough though, I ended up enjoying the arenas way more than the warzones.  But, still a lot of arenas it was.  

100% agree, and couldn't have said it better myself. 

Edited by Setta

On 1/24/2023 at 2:42 PM, Shwarzchild said:

But we're not talking about unlocking everything, just up to lv 15 (which isn't much) nothing farther for the season, & doesn't count achievements (red herring) - which has been promised for months now by SWTOR's leading reporters Swtorista and Vullk and what regualar Seasons has been doing since the beginning, whether you like it or not.  It takes a lot of effort to get billions of credits and selling Cartel Market items that I paid a lot of actual money for (as some of us work/ work very long hours, hence another reason why credit unlocks make sense & further helping the community & the 'whales' sellers who most people buy most/ buy new items from), that actually helps the economy - rather than the self-interest pvp always has shown and keeps showing.

The pvp seasons weeklies aren't that much effort, be honest - Warzones: Combatant: just play 8 matches (the regular wz weekly is 12, which can be played {in conjunction} with this ), Warzone: Domination: win 3 matches (not hard at all, can do that while just playing 8 wz matches, which knocks off 2 reqs in 1), Warzone: Decorated: get 8 medals during a match 4 times (again, not hard, & can do that while doing the prior 2 - making it 3 reqs done at 1 time).  Arena: Combatant: just plays 16 matches, which are quick & don't even have to play it well. 

^This is hard?! - P-lease, give me a break, and be honest - it's a typical pvp horde even the smallest things to themselves while not caring at all about this game's community.  I'm not here to reason with the pvp solo'ers stingy self-interest, as there's no actual community (& never has been, hence the pvp reform in the first place).  This game's economy needs the credits sink of treating seasons & pvp seasons equally (not that pvp solo'ers truely care as they never have).

FIX pvp seasons, Devs, or tell Swtorista and Vullk what's actually true, so the rest of us aren't waiting 7 weeks for promised bottommost reward credit unlocks for nothing >: (

Edited by blacksilverlord
  • Like 3

Re-read my post. While I have a personal opinion, I made it clear that while my primary focus is protecting the level of effort players have put forward already, that a catch up mechanic is possible.  Considering that, I've already removed my like or dislike for such a mechanic out any equation.

You're also assuming things that require effort are by nature also hard.  It should be noted that while I did say the word tough it was meant to describe the volume of matches, not the actual difficulty. I'll be sure to add detail to those types of comments so that when read by others there can be no confusion on the intent.

I would also say, and this can be taken as a jab against you, is that you're doing the credit game all wrong.  Spending real world money to obtain billions of credits is a terrible way to make a ton of credits. I also have billions and billions, but I have not done anything more than simply pay a monthly subscription.  Save your money, and put it into a stress ball. /end jab

You do make a point that I do think has merit even if it's buried inside your wall of text: the game does need credit sinks.  If a credit catch up mechanic is Bioware's answer for the short term, that's probably not a bad thing overall. 

4 hours ago, RikuvonDrake said:

let me unlock level as a catch up in the pvp battlepass using cartel coins, thats all thanks

I don't mind using cartel coins as a catch-up for the pvp season (up to lv15, which isn't much; can tier it up to 15 by season end, similar to regular seasons - either way I'm not looking for past lv15 or cheevos).  Sure.

Aside, I actually care about about the game economy and buying CM items & selling helps the game economy (and the company), as opposed to just re-selling which only escalates the already terrible inflation that players/ buyers with credits always complain about and need a bigger credit cap for, so I'm not having to wait on a legacy droid - true sellers should be compensated with the awaited for (months) promised sink from sources like Vullk and Swtorista who were told so (+ their now credibility loss), or it defeats the purpose of continually buying new things of the CM & selling (as quickly devalued credits is not worth spending cartel coins on items to sell, but then don't expect new/ newer things on the GTN or in trade).  

Edited by blacksilverlord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, what we have these days Vullk and Swtorista (broken string-you-along assurances parroted by guess who (they didn't come up with it on their own)) => Boo~!, is no Dulfy (rip). 

+1 Signed on the coming through on this one and if you don't like it now all of a sudden then it should not have been promised >>BEFORE<<< this season came out (and the bottom tier rewards are laughable.. only in pvp forum (wipes boots on the way out).)  Make an appeal to the devs and don't waste your time reasoning here.

Edited by Willjb

The way I think I remember seeing this implemented on PTS (after they changed it from being able to unlock the entire season from day 1) was that the unlocks became available one level at a time, starting at level 1. So if you're ahead of the unlock pace, you won't see them. Not super well-communicated, though.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:37 AM, blacksilverlord said:

FIX pvp seasons, Devs, or tell Swtorista and Vullk what's actually true, so the rest of us aren't waiting 7 weeks for promised bottommost reward credit unlocks for nothing >: (

12 hours ago, Willjb said:

Unfortunately, what we have these days Vullk and Swtorista (broken string-you-along assurances parroted by guess who (they didn't come up with it on their own)) => Boo~!, is no Dulfy (rip). 

We go off of the same info you have, the official posts haha! There's no other way to get information about what's coming up in the future, if we can't see it in-game. This is literally what it says on my site:

"You may also use credits to unlock the reward track. Credit Catchup will begin during Week 7 of a season. Credit catchup can only be used to purchase up to level 15 (you must earn the final 10 levels yourself).

I am unsure if you can unlock levels 1-15 starting in the 7th week, possibly on January 24th 2023, or if they unlock over time. I would like to find out how much PvP you can “skip”, pay credits, and then PvP a bunch at the end of the season to earn levels 16-25. I do not know how much the credits cost unlock is yet. – Swtorista"

7 hours ago, Crystal_Mind said:

The way I think I remember seeing this implemented on PTS (after they changed it from being able to unlock the entire season from day 1) was that the unlocks became available one level at a time, starting at level 1. So if you're ahead of the unlock pace, you won't see them. Not super well-communicated, though.

Good idea. Galactic Seasons is kinda like that too.

I checked on another server where I am level 0, the option is still not available yet.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:08 AM, blacksilverlord said:

PvP seasons week 7:  Why are there no {catch-up} credit unlocks like we've been told (up to lv15)?  The economy needs credit sinks like this.

Good Question.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:53 PM, blacksilverlord said:

sources like Vullk and Swtorista who were told so (+ their now credibility loss),

Vullk has little credibility to begin with in many things anyhow, they just allow their writers to make unpolished, unreasonable, and unsourced claims about things that their writers have 0 experience with, about, or have an bad biased towards. Anything read about a topic on Vullk that isn't a guide should be taken would a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An Answer to the question would be nice.

As of now, if I counted correctly, I will barely be able to make the season, without a credit-catch up coming next week. If it's a catch up where I can buy Levels to Level 15, that is. Would be nice if it's more like 'you can buy up to 15 levels'. (Hope it's clear, what I mean. English is not my first language. Meaning if you are Level 20 you would still be able to buy levels.)

Would at least be better for everyone trying to still push through with reallife and everything else. Well, at least in my opinion. 😅

Hopefully the catchup will be up next week. Otherwise I'll have to kiss my reallife goodbye for the next weeks.

Edited by Vyzra

UPDATE: It started this Sunday!

A nice player named JR also did the formula to guess the costs.

---

You can now use credits to unlock the PvP reward track. Credit catchup can only be used to purchase up to level 15 (you must earn the final 10 levels yourself).

The cost goes up for every level you buy, rather than watch level number you are unlocking, so it’s cheaper to unlock levels if you earned some of them.

For example, If you had already earned Level 1, and try to unlock Level 2, it will still only cost 25,000 Credits. So the cost is based on how many levels you have “bought” so far, and not based on the Level number (example Level 1, Level 2, Level 3).

Date Level Cost per Level Cumulative Cost Check
Sunday, February 5 1 25,000 25,000 verified
Monday, February 6 2 263,902 288,902 verified
Tuesday, February 7 3 1,047,496 1,336,397 verified
Wednesday, February 8 4 2,785,762 4,122,159 guess
Thursday, February 9 5 5,948,919 10,071,078 guess
Friday, February 10 6 11,057,432 21,128,509 guess
Saturday, February 11 7 18,675,548 39,804,057 guess
Sunday, February 12 8 29,406,678 69,210,735 guess
Monday, February 13 9 43,889,895 113,100,630 guess
Tuesday, February 14 10 62,797,161 175,897,790 guess
Wednesday, February 15 11 86,831,067 262,728,858 guess
Thursday, February 16 12 116,722,947 379,451,805 guess
Friday, February 17 13 153,231,272 532,683,077 guess
Saturday, February 18 14 197,140,262 729,823,339 guess
Sunday, February 19 15 249,258,679 979,082,018 guess
can not be bought 16 no no devs
can not be bought 17 no no devs
can not be bought 18 no no devs
can not be bought 19 no no devs
can not be bought 20 no no devs
can not be bought 21 no no devs
can not be bought 22 no no devs
can not be bought 23 no no devs
can not be bought 24 no no devs
can not be bought 25 no no devs
Last Day March 6, 2023     Total 1 - 15: 979 million
  • Like 1

Getting pvp season points isnt hard at all . I think they shouldnt make it even easier or else ppl wont even have to work to actually do anything in pvp,and therefore the lvl of pvp matches gonna drop even more. If anything,they should to make it even more harder,so afkers and bots would have to actually do something to earn rewards. I dont find it very fair that someone that didnt do anything and was afk or using basic attacks the whole match would get same points as me or anyone that actually trying their best.

Big no for me. Want super easy stuff that requires no skills ? Go do all the pve content apart from nim ops.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

1b for 6 PvP tokens is just disgraceful, they should be added after level 15 at increased rates. Why would people who don't PvP get 6 tokens basically for free?

Because they are desirable which makes them a good credit sink. Evidently the GS credit sink is working in Bioware's estimation, so they added it to a "rarer" token

Edited by DWho

1 hour ago, DWho said:

Because they are desirable which makes them a good credit sink. Evidently the GS credit sink is working in Bioware's estimation, so they added it to a "rarer" token

and also devalues the only things that haven't been devalued by credits YET.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

and also devalues the only things that haven't been devalued by credits YET.

True, although starting with the second season, "real" PVPers will start to pull away as far as the "good" stuff goes since they will have a lot more of the tokens available..

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:42 PM, Shwarzchild said:

Well, ppl who use catch up option can only get 6 tokens and no achievos or their titles. While ppl who actually play can earn 20, + achievos/title.

So it's pretty much alright i think. + The ones that would just use catch-up system will take 3-4 seasons till they can buy something nicer from the vendor.