Unable to Log-In After Today's Update, "Game Version Doesn't Match Server's"!

ReKabNad

Trying to log-on this evening to play, and there was yet ANOTHER new game update that had to be downloaded and installed, after one for dozens of GB in the last day or 2.  Today's was relatively small, but after it installed, when the game took me to the Character Selection Screen, it gave me the following Error Message:

"Your Game Version does not match the Server's"

It then automatically closed the game down.  I relaunched it, logged back in, same error occurred!  I tried going through the few options on the log in screen, but the Repair Install option never became available to click on.

Is anyone else having this problem today?  If so, what did you do to fix it? 🤔

• Confused 1

After searching the Help Center and these Forums and finding no info, I've had to uninstall the game, run CCleaner, and I'm now reinstalling it.  WHY is the server that pushes out game downloads and updates sooooo damn slow?!?  I've moved my laptop into the room with my router, so it can be connected to my Gigabit Fios Internet by a cable for faster downloads, and this thing is only pushing the game updates down to me at like 45 MBps tops, but a lot of the time, it's dropping down to only 1.3 MBps.  WHY?!?!? 🤨

Git gud, Bioware and EA!

Edited by ReKabNad

1 hour ago, Trance-Gemini said:

I had the same problem this evening to the point where I had to switch machines. When I went back to may main machine it started working after I disabled "Enable Test Server" on the launcher. 

While I never enabled the Test Server, after my last post, my Launcher finally found one more small update it needed, downloaded it, installed it, and then the problem resolved itself.

There needs to be an update regarding the Repair Install function, where it's always available, will check for any corrupted or missing files, and then will download and install what it needs for proper functioning. 

I have spoken. :csw_fett:

Very curious. I didn't play today, was off doing other things, can't sleep so I'll give this a whirl. BTW I launch from Steam so we'll see how it goes.

Edit:

1. Launched fine from Steam.

2. Didn't see any update notice (i.e., still on 7.2b).

Edited by xordevoreaux

I realize at this point I must sound like a Valve employee trying to get people to use Steam, but when I read the problems people are having, and my Steam installation for SWTOR is working just fine, what would you have me conclude?

I realize what Bioware puts out for a launcher should be as equally hassle-free, but apparently it isn't.  Try running the game from Steam (yes, it means a new installation).

I had the same problem a few days ago., Here's how I resolved it:

Ignore the error popup (do not click on it) and log into one of your toons. Log back out. Log into another toon (still ignoring the popup). Log back out. Close game with the Quit function on the character select screen (still ignoring and NOT clicking on the popup). Relaunch the game. Popup was gone after a very small file install.

Edited by CaveBeast
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CaveBeast said:

I had the same problem a few days ago., Here's how I resolved it:

Ignore the error popup (do not click on it) and log into one of your toons. Log back out. Log into another toon (still ignoring the popup). Log back out. Close game with the Quit function on the character select screen (still ignoring and NOT clicking on the popup). Relaunch the game. Popup was gone after a very small file install.

Thanks for the additional steps to try in case it happens again. 

15 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

And it just occurred again after tonight's mandatory 38+ GB of updates!!! 😡

Which mandatory 38GB was that?  I have top-tier Internet access, but even I'd have noticed that much, and no, it didn't happen.  (Well, not for me.)

Stop saying that your problem is universal.

I've had this problem on one PC then another over the last week, it would download nearly 40GB of stuff and launch. Then say it's not the current version. I think this is tied to PTS as on one PC, I turned off "enable PTS access" on the launcher of one PC and the problem corrected itself. Now it's doing this error on my second PC that has never had PTS enabled and it's a fresh install as it's a brand new computer. This is unacceptable that this is being allowed to go on from when it was first noticed a couple weeks ago. Obviously, something was changed somewhere and that needs to be corrected now, not tomorrow, not after breakfast, NOW! I am quickly running out of patience with this game and I have plenty of other games I can play instead of SWTOR.

• Like 1

I have started getting this.  Since it exits the application I start the launcher, log in and it downloads another update.  Then it works.  It has only done this since 7.2b was released, the moment I see the launcher download a small update that has not been indicaterd as something other than 7.2b I know I will get the versions to not match error.  But starting the game again, downloads a new update (unure what it is), and it is fixed and I can play the game.

There is a file that indicates the file version perhaps looking at that when it complains the versions do not match could help.  But I hav yet to see any response from the devs and it has been this way since 7.2b was released.

• Confused 1

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one.  It's doing it again tonight!  Another nearly 40 GB update.  It's like it downloads the update into Temporary Memory and deletes it when I reboot or something. 🤷‍♂️

Also, more info is shared in a related thread I created in the General Discussion Forum:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927402-anyone-else-getting-sick-of-the-constant-large-updates-following-the-major-updates/

Edited by ReKabNad

On 1/26/2023 at 7:29 PM, Trance-Gemini said:

I've had this problem on one PC then another over the last week, it would download nearly 40GB of stuff and launch. Then say it's not the current version. I think this is tied to PTS as on one PC, I turned off "enable PTS access" on the launcher of one PC and the problem corrected itself. Now it's doing this error on my second PC that has never had PTS enabled and it's a fresh install as it's a brand new computer. This is unacceptable that this is being allowed to go on from when it was first noticed a couple weeks ago. Obviously, something was changed somewhere and that needs to be corrected now, not tomorrow, not after breakfast, NOW! I am quickly running out of patience with this game and I have plenty of other games I can play instead of SWTOR.

And now my main PC has done this again AND my second! :classic_blink:

On 1/28/2023 at 2:29 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

I've been getting this regularly too. It's superfun combined with the infinite loading screen bug... 

Yeah, these two bugs are really getting annoying. Usually a reboot will correct the version error but I can't keep doing that every time I want or NEED to play as I'm an officer in a guild. If I'm in charge one night and have to spend a lot of time rebooting every time I log in, we won't get started on time. Most of the time this may not sound like a big deal but we run at 8pm and aim to be done by 10pm so our sister imp guild can run their activities. Coupled with the loading screen bug it's turned some nights into a disaster. One night we couldn't get going until nearly 830 because half of the team got the loading bug when we summoned to a planet. They had to relog and a few had to reboot. Not everyone has a super fast computer for this and it took a couple of members over 15 minutes to get back into game.

• Like 2

Doing it again tonight!  Downloads a roughly 200 MB file, then the mismatched Game Version.  Log in a couple times on a couple characters, then log out completely.  Relaunch and BAM... 38 GB download.

What the actual frak is up with this?  🤨

3 hours ago, Trance-Gemini said:

Got this again tonight after a week of no issues. I cannot stress how annoying this is and it's really starting to cause issues with our guild getting stuff going on time.

It's as frequent as lingering problems with the computers where I work, but those are Thin Client Systems (i.e. Dumb Terminals) so it's to be expected.  What's the excuse here? 😒

On 2/7/2023 at 7:41 PM, Trance-Gemini said:

Got this again tonight after a week of no issues. I cannot stress how annoying this is and it's really starting to cause issues with our guild getting stuff going on time.

Aaaannnnd another 38 GB download tonight! 😡

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.