Implant Destiny achievements are retired?

BoboHut

I was reading about upgrading my implants and how this achievement would discount the Tech Fragment cost of future implants only to see I did not get a discount.  These achievements have been moved to the retired section.  Is this intended?

1 hour ago, BoboHut said:

I was reading about upgrading my implants and how this achievement would discount the Tech Fragment cost of future implants only to see I did not get a discount.  These achievements have been moved to the retired section. 

Is this intended?

Yes, since  BioWare Devs/Coders moved it there  i believe with  7.0  Update--> https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/02152022/game-update-7.0-legacy-sith  ....  if i recall correctly also relating to this? --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/914684-itemization-in-70/page/32/#comment-9654338

Therefore, i think that "discount"  aspect is now moot.

Thanks for the reply.  I was looking back through old patch notes but I didn't get that far.  Those patch noted for 7.0 say that's when they introduced the implants having set bonuses on them.  I think the Implant Destiny achievement came out around the same time as well so it doesn't make sense that it would be created and placed in the retired section at the same time.

8 hours ago, BoboHut said:

Looks like 7.1 was when they added the discount, so it's odd to me they would retire it 1 big patch later.

They are only in the retiered section ( which pre 7.2 was named feats of strenght ) because they never had any achievment points attached to them and they were put there i believe because if they put them into the "normal legacy" and removed it some people have problems with this so they put it from the beginning in the feats of strenght category. Also as someone who has them both unlocked i can tell you that there costreducing perk is still there and works :D

Edited by MerlinPotter
Typos

7 hours ago, MerlinPotter said:

They are only in the retiered section ( which pre 7.2 was named feats of strenght ) because they never had any achievment points attached to them and they were put there i believe because if they put them into the "normal legacy" and removed it some people have problems with this so they put it from the beginning in the feats of strenght category. Also as someone who has them both unlocked i can tell you that there costreducing perk is still there and works :D

So the cost reducing works for people who got it between 7.1 and 7.2 but 7.2 retired them and people can no longer get the discount?  I understand how they ended up retired by being in the Feats of Strength category but It doesn't seem like retiring new achievements designed recently to help with alts is intended.  Hopefully, they can restore them to reestablish the discounts for people that don't have it yet.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:39 AM, DarthSpekulatius said:

afaik there's two Achievements,
one for 330 and below,
one for 334 and below

you get them by having two different Legendary Implants at that iLVL equipped at the same time.

you have both those Achievements but still don't get the discount?

(not sure if your Server Matters)

I was working on the 330 lvl.  I only had one so I'll get a second and see.  My guess is I won't get the achievement since it's retired but maybe I'll still eventually get the discount.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 11:10 PM, BoboHut said:

So the cost reducing works for people who got it between 7.1 and 7.2 but 7.2 retired them and people can no longer get the discount?  I understand how they ended up retired by being in the Feats of Strength category but It doesn't seem like retiring new achievements designed recently to help with alts is intended.  Hopefully, they can restore them to reestablish the discounts for people that don't have it yet.

Sorry to revive a month old thread, but could anybody confirm, that its still possible to get the achievement, and that the cost reduction works? I dont really want to spent 26k Tech Fragments just for testing. That takes me month to get.

Thank you very much for any advice!

4 hours ago, StBonifaz said:

Sorry to revive a month old thread, but could anybody confirm, that its still possible to get the achievement, and that the cost reduction works? I dont really want to spent 26k Tech Fragments just for testing. That takes me month to get.

Thank you very much for any advice!

Yep, they still work. I just got the 330 one on an alt server. It is triggered by having a 330 implant equipped in both implant slots. Works the same for the 334 achievement. The tech fragments cost goes from 6500 -> 2500 per upgrade. I think the other mats go down as well but not as drastically.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2023 at 11:28 PM, ThanderSnB said:

It is triggered by having a 330 implant equipped in both implant slots. Works the same for the 334 achievement. The tech fragments cost goes from 6500 -> 2500 per upgrade. I think the other mats go down as well but not as drastically.

As Thander said, it is mandatory that two 330 and 334 implants, respectively, are actually equipped.